Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity kill shot motors

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 05:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I worked on it for 3 hours last night. The end bell is wrong on THIS motor and the other 3 that were at the track today. With the Revtech end bell it worked fine, except after running it for6 minutes today at 50* timing with the Revtech end bell and the sensor plate sanded down so you could turn, the motor feels burned up, it didnt smoke but feels really funny liked a moked motor and wont run. it seems that the three motors Maniacs Hobbies were lemons in the first batch. Eric, you will see the motor at Nat's this week, we were trying to test them for Nat's today.

I'm not a dumbass and know how to work on motors, this motor, the motor I received would not go into my T-4 with the stock end bell, PERIOD! Not arguing with anyone, just informing everyone. If you want to argue, go somewhere else.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:57 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robertcooper88
I worked on it for 3 hours last night. The end bell is wrong on THIS motor and the other 3 that were at the track today. With the Revtech end bell it worked fine, except after running it for6 minutes today at 50* timing with the Revtech end bell and the sensor plate sanded down so you could turn, the motor feels burned up, it didnt smoke but feels really funny liked a moked motor and wont run. it seems that the three motors Maniacs Hobbies were lemons in the first batch. Eric, you will see the motor at Nat's this week, we were trying to test them for Nat's today.

I'm not a dumbass and know how to work on motors, this motor, the motor I received would not go into my T-4 with the stock end bell, PERIOD! Not arguing with anyone, just informing everyone. If you want to argue, go somewhere else.

I just checked 6 motors and all fit in my T4 just fine. No issues at all. I think you just need to rotate the endbell around. It doesnt look like it will fit but there is enough space in the motor slots that it does fit.

EA
Attached Thumbnails Trinity kill shot motors-ks.jpg  
Old 04-27-2013, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

When can I order one from you Eric? I just tried on your website.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I just checked 6 motors and all fit in my T4 just fine. No issues at all. I think you just need to rotate the endbell around. It doesnt look like it will fit but there is enough space in the motor slots that it does fit.

EA

Well then, I got hosed! On the motor I have, no matter which way you rotate the end bell it is not right. I'm not the only one at the track today that tried to put this motor in a T-4 today. The only way it would go into the car is with an Revtech end bell. You put the two up to each other and it is obvious the kill shot end bell on the motor I have is incorrect. You measure it with calipers and the hole locations are wrong, I compared it to a D3.5 and a Revtech. We even tried to put it in another car, a Associted 6.1, it would not go in.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by linkless
Now that Trinity has a new motor out, can we send in our D3.5 and exchange it for this? Not that I want to run a KillShot or anything else that Trinity makes for that matter, but it would certainly have a better resale value.
That would be cool! I would use it though!
Mine fit in my T4's fine when I did a trial fit last night. The shims on the rotor are all already on there so no issue with that. Every motor has shims. It appears that they just wanted to keep using the same rotor since so many have them already and didnt want to use a new style one. The timing ring is messed up. This batch they got to tight and they are hard to turn. I lightly sanded the steel back plate on all the ones I got in and they turn fine now. It will be corrected on the next batch that comes in.

I'll be sporting mine at the Asphalt nats in 5 days!

EA
I had to slightly grind down the solder tabs and the timing ring plate to get a D3.5 to spin freely. Sometimes you do what you have to do! I wasnt going to blow a gasket over it!
Old 04-27-2013, 08:19 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robertcooper88
Well then, I got hosed! On the motor I have, no matter which way you rotate the end bell it is not right. I'm not the only one at the track today that tried to put this motor in a T-4 today. The only way it would go into the car is with an Revtech end bell. You put the two up to each other and it is obvious the kill shot end bell on the motor I have is incorrect. You measure it with calipers and the hole locations are wrong, I compared it to a D3.5 and a Revtech. We even tried to put it in another car, a Associted 6.1, it would not go in.
I just talked to Dieter and he said the holes were designed to lower the motor 2mm in the car. So it will measure different than the Revtech. I'll take mine out of the car and send you a pic of which holes I was using just to make sure. Not trying to say yours isnt messed up but trying to help you figure out what is wrong with it. If we cant figure it out now I'll take a look at it when I get there on Wens if you want.

Thanks
EA
Old 04-27-2013, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

I just talked to Dieter and he said the holes were designed to lower the motor 2mm in the car. So it will measure different than the Revtech. I'll take mine out of the car and send you a pic of which holes I was using just to make sure. Not trying to say yours isnt messed up but trying to help you figure out what is wrong with it. If we cant figure it out now I'll take a look at it when I get there on Wens if you want.

Thanks
EA
Sounds good. Look forward to meeting you.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by linkless
Now that Trinity has a new motor out, can we send in our D3.5 and exchange it for this? Not that I want to run a KillShot or anything else that Trinity makes for that matter, but it would certainly have a better resale value.
+1. That would be a great idea
Old 05-05-2013, 08:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

So has anyone tried the 17.5 in boosted? Any feedback?
Old 05-05-2013, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mornedn
So has anyone tried the 17.5 in boosted? Any feedback?
How about some feedback on the motor in General Blinky Boost I Don't care!!!
Old 05-05-2013, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

I would also like to know some feedback. Is it anything like the d3.5??
Old 05-06-2013, 06:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vivo quevas
How about some feedback on the motor in General Blinky Boost I Don't care!!!
what is blinky boost? I ran my b4.1 in 17.5 blinky and i was getting killed on straightway.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The killshots ran great at the nats. Knapp and smyka won 17.5 TC and 12th scale with them. Mine was really strong I just couldnt drive the car lol
Old 05-06-2013, 07:06 AM
Tech Adept

These motors look awesome, so just wondering if this is the consensus for touring car:

If you are running stock blinky the Torque version is preferable?

If you are running in a boosted class the RPM version is better?

Thanks! Peter
Old 05-06-2013, 07:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Its going to depend on the track. Knapp ran the rpm version in blinky 17.5 at the nats. I ran the torque version with a lower gear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.