R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #46
Tech Fanatic
 
Robertcooper88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Loxahatchee
Posts: 782
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

I worked on it for 3 hours last night. The end bell is wrong on THIS motor and the other 3 that were at the track today. With the Revtech end bell it worked fine, except after running it for6 minutes today at 50* timing with the Revtech end bell and the sensor plate sanded down so you could turn, the motor feels burned up, it didnt smoke but feels really funny liked a moked motor and wont run. it seems that the three motors Maniacs Hobbies were lemons in the first batch. Eric, you will see the motor at Nat's this week, we were trying to test them for Nat's today.

I'm not a dumbass and know how to work on motors, this motor, the motor I received would not go into my T-4 with the stock end bell, PERIOD! Not arguing with anyone, just informing everyone. If you want to argue, go somewhere else.
__________________
DischargeRC.com - Race-Opts MTS T2 - TRINITY FOR POWER
Robertcooper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #47
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 8,862
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertcooper88 View Post
I worked on it for 3 hours last night. The end bell is wrong on THIS motor and the other 3 that were at the track today. With the Revtech end bell it worked fine, except after running it for6 minutes today at 50* timing with the Revtech end bell and the sensor plate sanded down so you could turn, the motor feels burned up, it didnt smoke but feels really funny liked a moked motor and wont run. it seems that the three motors Maniacs Hobbies were lemons in the first batch. Eric, you will see the motor at Nat's this week, we were trying to test them for Nat's today.

I'm not a dumbass and know how to work on motors, this motor, the motor I received would not go into my T-4 with the stock end bell, PERIOD! Not arguing with anyone, just informing everyone. If you want to argue, go somewhere else.

I just checked 6 motors and all fit in my T4 just fine. No issues at all. I think you just need to rotate the endbell around. It doesnt look like it will fit but there is enough space in the motor slots that it does fit.

EA
Attached Thumbnails
Trinity kill shot motors-ks.jpg  
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | Apex RC | ProSpec America | Killer Concepts | AVID | Futaba.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #48
Tech Elite
 
B00t13g's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,040
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

When can I order one from you Eric? I just tried on your website.
__________________
Mackenzie Meyercord
Rc America, Xray, MOTIV, Avid, Team EAM, Apex Rc Pro Shop, Pro Spec USA, Sanwa, RSD
B00t13g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #49
Tech Fanatic
 
Robertcooper88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Loxahatchee
Posts: 782
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
I just checked 6 motors and all fit in my T4 just fine. No issues at all. I think you just need to rotate the endbell around. It doesnt look like it will fit but there is enough space in the motor slots that it does fit.

EA

Well then, I got hosed! On the motor I have, no matter which way you rotate the end bell it is not right. I'm not the only one at the track today that tried to put this motor in a T-4 today. The only way it would go into the car is with an Revtech end bell. You put the two up to each other and it is obvious the kill shot end bell on the motor I have is incorrect. You measure it with calipers and the hole locations are wrong, I compared it to a D3.5 and a Revtech. We even tried to put it in another car, a Associted 6.1, it would not go in.
__________________
DischargeRC.com - Race-Opts MTS T2 - TRINITY FOR POWER
Robertcooper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #50
Tech Master
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 1,991
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkless View Post
Now that Trinity has a new motor out, can we send in our D3.5 and exchange it for this? Not that I want to run a KillShot or anything else that Trinity makes for that matter, but it would certainly have a better resale value.
That would be cool! I would use it though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Mine fit in my T4's fine when I did a trial fit last night. The shims on the rotor are all already on there so no issue with that. Every motor has shims. It appears that they just wanted to keep using the same rotor since so many have them already and didnt want to use a new style one. The timing ring is messed up. This batch they got to tight and they are hard to turn. I lightly sanded the steel back plate on all the ones I got in and they turn fine now. It will be corrected on the next batch that comes in.

I'll be sporting mine at the Asphalt nats in 5 days!

EA
I had to slightly grind down the solder tabs and the timing ring plate to get a D3.5 to spin freely. Sometimes you do what you have to do! I wasnt going to blow a gasket over it!
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #51
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 8,862
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertcooper88 View Post
Well then, I got hosed! On the motor I have, no matter which way you rotate the end bell it is not right. I'm not the only one at the track today that tried to put this motor in a T-4 today. The only way it would go into the car is with an Revtech end bell. You put the two up to each other and it is obvious the kill shot end bell on the motor I have is incorrect. You measure it with calipers and the hole locations are wrong, I compared it to a D3.5 and a Revtech. We even tried to put it in another car, a Associted 6.1, it would not go in.
I just talked to Dieter and he said the holes were designed to lower the motor 2mm in the car. So it will measure different than the Revtech. I'll take mine out of the car and send you a pic of which holes I was using just to make sure. Not trying to say yours isnt messed up but trying to help you figure out what is wrong with it. If we cant figure it out now I'll take a look at it when I get there on Wens if you want.

Thanks
EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | Apex RC | ProSpec America | Killer Concepts | AVID | Futaba.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:25 PM   #52
Tech Fanatic
 
Robertcooper88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Loxahatchee
Posts: 782
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
I just talked to Dieter and he said the holes were designed to lower the motor 2mm in the car. So it will measure different than the Revtech. I'll take mine out of the car and send you a pic of which holes I was using just to make sure. Not trying to say yours isnt messed up but trying to help you figure out what is wrong with it. If we cant figure it out now I'll take a look at it when I get there on Wens if you want.

Thanks
EA
Sounds good. Look forward to meeting you.
__________________
DischargeRC.com - Race-Opts MTS T2 - TRINITY FOR POWER
Robertcooper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #53
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,624
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkless View Post
Now that Trinity has a new motor out, can we send in our D3.5 and exchange it for this? Not that I want to run a KillShot or anything else that Trinity makes for that matter, but it would certainly have a better resale value.
+1. That would be a great idea
__________________
Jackson RC Raceway, Home of the 2011 Paved On Road Nats!
Horsham RC Raceway,Home of the 2013 and 2015 Carpet On Road Nats!

Awesomatix USA/ Side Piece Racing / TQ Wire / CR Graphics / R1 Wurks / LRP /Jackson RC Raceway / Horsham RC Raceway/RIP Jon Williams
Al Sodano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #54
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 80
Default

So has anyone tried the 17.5 in boosted? Any feedback?
Mornedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #55
Tech Fanatic
 
vivo quevas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Central, Ca.
Posts: 996
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mornedn View Post
So has anyone tried the 17.5 in boosted? Any feedback?
How about some feedback on the motor in General Blinky Boost I Don't care!!!
__________________
Tamiya/Exotek EXO6 USGT, Tamiya TB03 GT3, Exotek FR1V2
Roche Rapid 1/12, XRay Speed Merchant WGT
http://localrcracing.freeforums.org/
HobbyTown Fresno, Ca. McAllister Racing, Visa/MasterCard's
"Take an early lead and extend it".(Fast Eddie Janis)
vivo quevas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #56
Tech Elite
 
Potoczak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 3,501
Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)
Default

I would also like to know some feedback. Is it anything like the d3.5??
__________________
Pete Potoczak

Home entertainment specialist
Secure Technologies/ www.stiworldwide.com
Potoczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:52 AM   #57
Tech Regular
 
buckeye dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: hicksville ohio
Posts: 365
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivo quevas View Post
How about some feedback on the motor in General Blinky Boost I Don't care!!!
what is blinky boost? I ran my b4.1 in 17.5 blinky and i was getting killed on straightway.
__________________
Buckeye Dan
buckeye dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:01 AM   #58
Tech Addict
 
thisguy2849's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 568
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

The killshots ran great at the nats. Knapp and smyka won 17.5 TC and 12th scale with them. Mine was really strong I just couldnt drive the car lol
thisguy2849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #59
Tech Adept
 
machocave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 179
Default

These motors look awesome, so just wondering if this is the consensus for touring car:

If you are running stock blinky the Torque version is preferable?

If you are running in a boosted class the RPM version is better?

Thanks! Peter
__________________
MachoCave.TV
Because Everything Matters!
https://www.facebook.com/machocave
machocave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:12 AM   #60
Tech Addict
 
thisguy2849's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 568
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Its going to depend on the track. Knapp ran the rpm version in blinky 17.5 at the nats. I ran the torque version with a lower gear.
thisguy2849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:44 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0