Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree34Likes

Schumacher Mi5

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This car looks innovative in a lot of very practical ways exept for the TOE in change in the rear.... Wish they tried something more convenient besides changing two arms.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hope it goes together better than the off road buggy.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Hope it goes together better than the off road buggy.
Everyone is raving about how nice the latest offroad Schueys went together. Which one did you build?

Btw, Its seems we are having a little Team Schu USA family reunion on this thread. It's cool to hear from your guys
Old 04-19-2013, 05:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This car looks innovative in a lot of very practical ways exept for the TOE in change in the rear.... Wish they tried something more convenient besides changing two arms.
It would have been cool to see an insert that fit into the chassis like someone designed and suggested for the Awesomatix in its forum.

Still looks like an awesome car and it will be interesting to see how it performs.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcnickv
It would have been cool to see an insert that fit into the chassis like someone designed and suggested for the Awesomatix in its forum.

Still looks like an awesome car and it will be interesting to see how it performs.
I was thinking maybe an elongated hole in the arm for the insert, and then molded inserts for the arm (for the ball to sit in) with different offsets. But that wouldn't work so well with gluing the insert into the arm.

-Mike
Old 04-19-2013, 06:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think the rear toe adjustment is a moot point...

Can some one point out a winning car setup in recent history where the driver ran less than 3 deg toe?

Running less than 3 almost always make the car unstable in corner entry.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:29 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

After building the K1, I don't consider Schumi plastic to be on par with X-Ray, but......the Mi5 hardly has any plastic on it. Its mostly carbon and aluminum.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I was thinking maybe an elongated hole in the arm for the insert, and then molded inserts for the arm (for the ball to sit in) with different offsets. But that wouldn't work so well with gluing the insert into the arm.
It might work if it were a molded piece available in multiple lengths that screwed into the arm or if the arm had a slot with grooves in which the ball cup could be moved and snapped into the arm.

However both of these are overly complex or could possibly cause an unwanted amount of slop or inaccuracy in the way that the ball is mounted. The first would also need multiple molded parts to change.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The Mi5 looks fantastic and has incorporated many innovative features throughout.

We were asked by a potential Mi5 customer to do some upgrades, but first thing is to get this car and run it and see what it really needs. It could be the best car out of the box with no upgrades at all.

Can't wait to test it.

Team GRID
Old 04-19-2013, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What I would be interested in knowing is how much of the kit rr toe is in the arm mounts vs the hub? Changing toe with different wishbones is the equivalent of a rr wheelbase change and an outboard toe adjustment. The few times I've tried changing toe at the hub and not at the inner pin the car would roll over the rear way too much. Are there provisions to adjust the rr toe inboard? Offset pivot balls?
Old 04-19-2013, 11:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Everyone is raving about how nice the latest offroad Schueys went together. Which one did you build?

Btw, Its seems we are having a little Team Schu USA family reunion on this thread. It's cool to hear from your guys
SVR was a nightmare. My kit had numerous defects. When you and Paul ran the place driver treatment sure was better You coming to the Reedy for old time sakes???
Old 04-19-2013, 11:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hmm, super gluing important parts, curious.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:20 PM
Tech Champion

I think the rear toe adjustment is a moot point...

Can some one point out a winning car setup in recent history where the driver ran less than 3 deg toe?

Running less than 3 almost always make the car unstable in corner entry.
Reedy race two years ago in 17.5 The winner ran 2.5 rear toe
Old 04-20-2013, 02:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

TRF team ran 2.5 rear toe 90% of the time with the 417... I agree that 3 deg is the best for most tracks though. This car looks great, can't wait to see one in person.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclonetog
Robin Schumacher was interviewed on Saturday and said they were trying to get kits out to the team drivers for this weekend, then a production run in 2 weeks time (about a week from now).

What that means for kits landing on US soil I wouldn't know. I guess the biggest factor would be if they're sent by air or water?
Stormer Hobbies in the past it seems they get shipment fast from England. Makes sense as there is no middle man anymore. I bet it shows up by end of April.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.