R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-28-2013, 12:38 AM   #1066
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375 View Post
King Pin and Front hub

Just to let Mi5 owners know. The guys at Schuie have listened and made a couple of small running changes to fix the king pin issue (as described by some on here and also by myself twice now - but only after decent crash)

There is a new front hub (spindle carrier) that does not have a chamfer on the hole. This should allow the thread of the current king pin or the newer updated one to 'bite' into the material better and not come loose or be dislodged after an accident.

The second item to have a running update made is a new king pin. It is slightly longer than the current (kit) one.

I believe that both items have started shipping or will be shipping soon. They are a running change (so I believe their will be no new part numbers for the updated 2 parts)

I am sure Chris or Matt will post if the part numbers change.

Spurs
For people who wish to run other spurs, RW are the only company at this time to make spurs to fit the Mi4/5 series of cars. (both in 48 and 64dp and in loads of sizes for all classes) These spurs are dead true and are machined delrin.

Hope this helps.

Leonard.
Good news about the new parts.

About RW spurs, does RW has an shop where you can buy these directly.
Shock Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:56 AM   #1067
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock Tower View Post

We carry the common sizes and are looking to expand those options based on the interest here... PM us if you're looking for something specific. .

---> Like us on Facebook!
DiscountRCStore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:02 AM   #1068
Tech Regular

Default Front belt touching the left servo screw

Could you guys check if your front belt also are touching your servo holder screw.

I just discovered that mine is doing that, and I can't see what to do to get a Little gap between the belt and the servo screw.
Attached Thumbnails
Schumacher Mi5-foto.jpg  
Shock Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:00 AM   #1069
Tech Addict

Hey
I have new car and spare parts coming tomorrow. Do you know when they made the change??? I'm hoping I have the updated kit and parts, cause I would like to do the build correctly, and would not want the old parts as spares.
Thanks for the info!!!!
https://www.facebook.com/ValkariaRcraceway/
chiefj48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #1070
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Quote:
King Pin and Front hub

Just to let Mi5 owners know. The guys at Schuie have listened and made a couple of small running changes to fix the king pin issue (as described by some on here and also by myself twice now - but only after decent crash)

There is a new front hub (spindle carrier) that does not have a chamfer on the hole. This should allow the thread of the current king pin or the newer updated one to 'bite' into the material better and not come loose or be dislodged after an accident.

The second item to have a running update made is a new king pin. It is slightly longer than the current (kit) one.

I believe that both items have started shipping or will be shipping soon. They are a running change (so I believe their will be no new part numbers for the updated 2

I am sure Chris or Matt will post if the part numbers change.

Spurs
For people who wish to run other spurs, RW are the only company at this time to make spurs to fit the Mi4/5 series of cars. (both in 48 and 64dp and in loads of sizes for all classes) These spurs are dead true and are machined delrin.

Hope this helps.

Leonard.

Thanks Leonard. Any idea on time frame to Aus.
I had two come loose today.

RC HOBBYZONE
NITROmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #1071
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock Tower View Post

I buy my rw spurs from speedtechrc.com

http://www.speedtechhobbies.com/inde...ry&path=64_190
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:52 PM   #1072
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DirtyDog3375
Default new parts

The new parts have been shipped to my local Schuie dealer (Action RC) and should arrive Friday this week (king pins). The new front hubs have already arrived and in stock.

The front hub and king have only just been released as an update (I believe in the last week), its easy to see if the part is the updated version.....just look at the hole where the king pin goes through, there is no more chamfer.
Awesomatix A800 - Sanwa M12S - R1 wurks - Team Silverbak Lipos - Muchmore - Axon
==========================================================
DirtyDog3375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #1073
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DirtyDog3375
Default RW Spurs

Any place that carried Mi4 series of cars should have or be able to get the RW spurs.
Awesomatix A800 - Sanwa M12S - R1 wurks - Team Silverbak Lipos - Muchmore - Axon
==========================================================
DirtyDog3375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:23 PM   #1074
Tech Addict

can someone give me the part numbers for the Pink, and Blue Yokomo springs???

Old 07-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #1075
Tech Addict

Quote:
The new parts have been shipped to my local Schuie dealer (Action RC) and should arrive Friday this week (king pins). The new front hubs have already arrived and in stock.

The front hub and king have only just been released as an update (I believe in the last week), its easy to see if the part is the updated version.....just look at the hole where the king pin goes through, there is no more chamfer.
Thank you.....

Old 07-28-2013, 07:28 PM   #1076
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Mi5

Getting closer.
Attached Thumbnails
Schumacher Mi5-image.jpg  
Old 07-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #1077
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

1.) The Mi5 was a monster today in 17.5 Took all 3 quals and the main today, a lap and half on the field. The car was fast, planted, great balance, zero issues.

2.) So I finally figured out what the "tick tick tick" feeling is as I compress the rear arms of my car (and I noticed it does it a TINY bit up front too). Last I left off, I figured it had to be either the screws from under the chassis were tightened too tight into the pivot balls for the arms, or the pivot ball itself is just catching on the plastic insert in the arm (some kind of friction right there).

So I busted out my light bearing oil, and put tiny drop where the ball meets the plastic bushing/gromit... ran the car 1 run... and the "tick tick tick" is completely gone. booya! There must just be a tiny bit of friction that catches and lets go between the pivot ball, and the bushing that is glued into the arms. The drop of oil did the trick. (im glad it was such an easy fix)

3.) I am now running the 14x4mm screws up into the turn blocks, and MAN what a difference. Those of you just getting this car together, get a set of of those screws and don't even bother running the stock 4mm bolt thingy that comes in the kit. The 14x4 screws feel like they work twice as well as the stock pieces. I don't think we will see many more stripped turnblocks with this mod in place.

4.) Was great pitting with you today, Jaybee. Your car got faster and faster each run throughout the day... bummer about the broken aluminum chassis screw screw in the main.... You were rockin 2nd place for quite a number of laps there. Not too shabby, my man, considering how long it's been since you have been out racing, and in open mod to boot! You will be a monster by next season for sure.
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:44 PM   #1078
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
1.) The Mi5 was a monster today in 17.5 Took all 3 quals and the main today, a lap and half on the field. The car was fast, planted, great balance, zero issues.

2.) So I finally figured out what the "tick tick tick" feeling is as I compress the rear arms of my car (and I noticed it does it a TINY bit up front too). Last I left off, I figured it had to be either the screws from under the chassis were tightened too tight into the pivot balls for the arms, or the pivot ball itself is just catching on the plastic insert in the arm (some kind of friction right there).

So I busted out my light bearing oil, and put tiny drop where the ball meets the plastic bushing/gromit... ran the car 1 run... and the "tick tick tick" is completely gone. booya!

3.) I am now running the 14x4mm screws up into the turn blocks, and MAN what a difference. Those of you just getting this car together, get a set of of those screws and don't even bother running the stock 4mm bolt thingy that comes in the kit. The 14x4 screws feel like they work twice as well as the stock pieces. I don't think we will see many more stripped turnblocks with this mod in place.

4.) Was great pitting with you today, Jaybee. Your car got faster and faster each run throughout the day... bummer about the broken aluminum chassis screw screw in the main.... You were rockin 2nd place for quite a number of laps there. Not too shabby, my man, considering how long it's been since you have been out racing, and in open mod to boot! You will be a monster by next season for sure.
Still running the shorty setup?
Old 07-28-2013, 07:45 PM   #1079
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood View Post
Still running the shorty setup?
yes sir... car weighs in at 1382 grams
- RCSpecialties -
Old 07-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #1080
Super Moderator

Ohhh.. there is ONE issue I noticed today. With my belt on the loosest setting (not actually the loosest, but as loose as I want to run with no slipping). The rear belt actually drags on the bottom aluminum of the motor mount! It actually polished the edge shinny, and I think is part of the overheating issue I have been having. I tighted up the rear belt one notch or so, and it seems to clear it a little better. I think I might have to file down part of my aluminum! I didn't even notice this until today. Anybody else that runs a loose rear belt notice this?
- RCSpecialties -