R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-17-2013, 02:13 PM   #76
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

My LHS has this at 479 pre order price ....just might have to give it a try at that price!
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:51 PM   #77
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

looks like ALOT of edges to sand .... lol
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:57 PM   #78
Tech Addict

It is a true statement that, by comparison, an A700 chassis kit will cost you more than the competing brands. However it is also true that the cost of the chassis kit itself is only part of a yearly racing budget, and you will not be buying a new Awesomatix out of necessity every year.

I am not here only to evangelize the A700. I am just responding to others who would like to d-evangelize it by bringing up that tired old point about the chassis kit price by calling it "unobtanum" [sp]. It is a lousy argument if you do even the most rudimentary budget analysis for a season of racing.

And for those who are cheering Schumacher by describing their time spent out of the proverbial box I would offer an alternate viewpoint: It looks to me like they might have merely spent a little time in a certain other box labeled "AWESOMATIX". And judging by the steering rack implementation, they weren't there long enough.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:01 PM   #79
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

The Mi5 looks awesome...... that is all
Old 04-17-2013, 03:01 PM   #80
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
WOW!!

Well done everyone at Schumacher!!

I like the mid motor option that alone makes me want one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Vessell View Post
If you get one, I'll get one.
Count me in!

Some very cool options I was hoping to see in a new car and some very cool options that I didn't know I wanted until I saw them today.
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #81
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwhiz View Post
It is a true statement that, by comparison, an A700 chassis kit will cost you more than the competing brands. However it is also true that the cost of the chassis kit itself is only part of a yearly racing budget, and you will not be buying a new Awesomatix out of necessity every year.

I am not here only to evangelize the A700. I am just responding to others who would like to d-evangelize it by bringing up that tired old point about the chassis kit price by calling it "unobtanum" [sp]. It is a lousy argument if you do even the most rudimentary budget analysis for a season of racing.

And for those who are cheering Schumacher by describing their time spent out of the proverbial box I would offer an alternate viewpoint: It looks to me like they might have merely spent a little time in a certain other box labeled "AWESOMATIX". And judging by the steering rack implementation, they weren't there long enough.
At more than $900 for the kit, it is UNOBTANUM. Your argument only works for those who jump on a new chassis every year and buys every option on the list. If you want to go on about that car do so on its respective thread.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #82
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to MattW

There is 1mm worth of wheelbase adjustment as standard at the rear hub. For toe adjustment there are different wishbones.
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #83
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Chris Grainger just sent me this video to post on youtube for him demonstrating diff and spur gear removal enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWYim...ature=youtu.be
Old 04-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #84
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
At more than $900 for the kit, it is UNOBTANUM. Your argument only works for those who jump on a new chassis every year and buys every option on the list. If you want to go on about that car do so on its respective thread.
No need to YELL at me. One post does not satisfy the colloquial definition of "go on about".

Still I offer my sincere apologies to you. I had forgotten that we are in the land of "all positive, all the time" and "facts are allowed only when convenient and comfortable". I use the word "land" metaphorically, of course.

And since this is the 3rd time you've done it: if you want to go on about UNOBTANUM, use a spellchecker.

Also, kit prices are as follows:
A700 L 726.70 USD
A700 EXL 778.70 USD
A700 EX 895.70 USD

Not one of which is "more than $900". Put that in your exaggeration pipe and smoke it.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #85
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I gotta agree ...all this car is ..is a marriage between awesomatix and wrc touring cars .....but what I like about it is it's every bodies ideas all in one car at a fairly reasonable price ....
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #86
Tech Regular

Rc-Stars did cover much today of the Mi5

http://www.rc-stars.com/
Old 04-17-2013, 07:31 PM   #87
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclonetog View Post
Wheelbase and rear toe adjustment were the first thing I thought of when I saw the pictures.

On the Schumacher website the wheelbase is stated absolute, so I'm guessing there is no adjustment available at the hub. I guess toe could be easily done with an option wishbone with the mounting holes moved slightly which would be trivial with CNC (could do the same with wheelbase tbh).

I'm certainly not bashing, it looks very nice and I can't wait to see it out on track at the weekend.
Chatting with a friend who is a schuey team driver, and has been involved on the development, there is wheelbase adjustment on the rear hub. Also, for rear toe he mentioned there will be three rear arms, each with a different level of toe (3/2.5/2 I believe is going to be the range initially).
Overall, very interesting design and exectution, whilst still maintaining tried and tested principles from other chassis.

Oh, and totally agree that black looks better!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #88
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Vessell View Post
If you get one, I'll get one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein View Post
Count me in!

Some very cool options I was hoping to see in a new car and some very cool options that I didn't know I wanted until I saw them today.
Conference call with Robin at 11am tomorrow....
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #89
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

gwhiz, well said...
The Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:29 PM   #90
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

This looks like some next level shish right here. If their claims are true about the car having a huge setup window, things could get interesting.

People constantly complain about wanting to see a car that's "different," or "innovative." Well, here you go.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote