R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #46
Tech Regular

The only thing I don't understand are the advantages of that style of upper inner camber link mounting - why is it upside down?
DavidNERODease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #47
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

It doesnt matter which side of the camber plate its mounted on really as long as the adjustments are relevant, but how schumacher does it the camber plate is also adjustable, basically infinity adjustable... they've always used that type of camber link mounting for a long time onroad and offroad, it works very well
Old 04-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #48
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNERODease View Post
Without a doubt, the sickest belt drive touring car ever.
^
Old 04-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #49
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNERODease View Post
Without a doubt, the sickest belt drive touring car ever.
Yup!

The coolest thing is how Schumacher figured out alternative solutions to common sedan design issues.

The diff access/adjustment system is brilliant.

The centerline mounting of the motor/layshaft mount is brilliant as if the Mid Motor option.

The suspension arms and microcaster design are brilliant.

The vertical top deck plates and their mounting is brilliant.

Lower shocks without needing new bodies or springs is brilliant. Also, note that placing the lower shock mount below the center line of the lower arm allows the shock to be more upright while still behaving as if they were laid in at the top. This will give you more range of adjustability if you need it.

Similar sway bar tweaking designs have come up but this is a great execution.

The steering system being center mounted and coming out (with the servo) with 2 screws is awesome.

The future-proof caster blocks and rear hubs are brilliant. I can't believe all sedans haven't been doing this for years.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #50
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

I am sold, but wait till may noooooo, I wanted one yesterday lol, I bought a mi4cxl as it was cheap and I really like it, so this mi5 will be amazing
zaraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:57 AM   #51
CA
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
Yup!

The coolest thing is how Schumacher figured out alternative solutions to common sedan design issues.

The diff access/adjustment system is brilliant.

The centerline mounting of the motor/layshaft mount is brilliant as if the Mid Motor option.

The suspension arms and microcaster design are brilliant.

The vertical top deck plates and their mounting is brilliant.

Lower shocks without needing new bodies or springs is brilliant. Also, note that placing the lower shock mount below the center line of the lower arm allows the shock to be more upright while still behaving as if they were laid in at the top. This will give you more range of adjustability if you need it.

Similar sway bar tweaking designs have come up but this is a great execution.

The steering system being center mounted and coming out (with the servo) with 2 screws is awesome.

The future-proof caster blocks and rear hubs are brilliant. I can't believe all sedans haven't been doing this for years.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:46 AM   #52
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Been running the same TC for three years. Haven't seen anything worthwhile to change to until now. I thought the XRAY T4 was interesting but this thing just blows it away. However, with all the add-on options designed into this, I expect to wait a while until they're all available before getting one unless its all included in the kit.(doubt it)
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:07 AM   #53
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I saw some awesomatix design there, the slider steering and lower a-arm. LOL

*I'll wait for the next version so : Mi6 - James Bond car.

Last edited by nicholasxuu; 04-17-2013 at 11:28 AM.
nicholasxuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #54
Tech Champion

Awesomatix was not the first to do carbon pivot ball arms (lots of examples, Alex Racing, BMI ) or a ball bearing rack (AE TC3)
Old 04-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #55
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

YR4Dude, guess you didn't see the Awesomatix car...

The car looks good, just wondering though how it will work on high bite smaller tracks like what we have in the US. Been racing for a long time and have yet to see one (...a Schumacher) do well at one of the big US races like the Indoor Champs, IIC or Snowbirds. With that said...where do I sign up...gotta get one and try it.
The Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #56
Tech Champion

I think the only reason they dont have as big of presence over here is their team is based in the UK. They havent pursued american drivers for many years. But with this car, the K1 and SVR being more tailored to the US style tracks, hopefully that will change soon I dont see any reason why the car wouldnt work every bit as or better than whats out there now.

The offroad cars have gained a pretty good following this year. They work great, durable and higher quality than the most common brands and people are starting to notice that.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #57
Tech Adept

The more I look at this. The more it impresses me.
Mi4cxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:04 PM   #58
Tech Fanatic

VID

http://youtu.be/s5MsRy18-EM

Tim3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #59
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Teacher View Post
YR4Dude, guess you didn't see the Awesomatix car...

The car looks good, just wondering though how it will work on high bite smaller tracks like what we have in the US. Been racing for a long time and have yet to see one (...a Schumacher) do well at one of the big US races like the Indoor Champs, IIC or Snowbirds. With that said...where do I sign up...gotta get one and try it.
As Tony said there are no top level US drivers running Schu sedans.

That said from a geometry, weight distribution and adjustability standpoint there is nothing that would hold the Mi5 (or Mi4CXL and Mi4LP) back from being more than competitive on US tracks.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #60
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to ngo8

Very nice car and thank god its not purple !!!!!