R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-30-2013, 11:52 PM   #421
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinion King View Post
That's where I get my stuff from, didn't have any problems at all.
Maybe because you're sponsored by them. I ordered parts in the past and it takes six weeks for them to get it.

The best upgrade to any car is some driver skill.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:35 AM   #422
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So if i need to buy springs as its been years since ive raced, whats a good set to go for. Something comparable to what will be seen on setup sheets. Im seeing HPI being used a bit. Just the Schuey spring sets? I have Tamiys shock springs but hate it when i cant directly compare to others.
Ozasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:37 AM   #423
Tech Fanatic

How durable is the Mi5 seeing the suspensions arms and hubs are all made of carbon fiber?
Futaba 4PX
cyba888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:07 AM   #424
CA
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozasis View Post
So if i need to buy springs as its been years since ive raced, whats a good set to go for. Something comparable to what will be seen on setup sheets. Im seeing HPI being used a bit. Just the Schuey spring sets? I have Tamiys shock springs but hate it when i cant directly compare to others.
Great to see all the old timers back Ozasis and AdrianM!

Our new spring set is awesome, the kit green spring is same as the popular silver spring from another well known manufacturer that you can't buy anymore. Start with that.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:35 AM   #425
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozasis View Post
The kit springs Green (16lb) are being used in Grainger's Carpet and Tarmac setups. Hofer is running Green in front and White (14lb) in the rear.

When I ordered my kit last night I got 2 pr each of White and Blue (15lb) springs. This should cover 99.9% of any carpet or tarmac conditions.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:27 AM   #426
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyba888 View Post
How durable is the Mi5 seeing the suspensions arms and hubs are all made of carbon fiber?
I can chime in on this issue, lol, at Speedworld Raceway last week, (a track that mostly caters to 1/8 and 1/10 scale nitro) I hit the 4x4 wood posts used as lane dividers hard, no, make that very hard!. the arms and hubs worked great!. (I should be paid to conduct durability testing). I never broke an arm, and after 1 very nasty crash, I broke a steering hub carrier. the rest of the car came out ok as well.
gdcopbdcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:45 AM   #427
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
I got 2 pr each of White and Blue (15lb) springs. This should cover 99.9% of any carpet or tarmac conditions.
I did the same thing 16lbs seems a TAD heavy for medium traction tarmac. I think blue/blue is what i will likely end up running on tarmac.
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:17 AM   #428
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyba888 View Post
I was talking to Chris (CA) this morning and asked him about this. The car has proven to be extremely tough in testing. The production kits have alloy screws for attaching the pivot balls to the chassis. You have to hit something a ton to shear them but they will break before the chassis gets damaged. Its a very smart way to build in a mechanical fuse to prevent expensive damage.

If you follow the instructions (and addendums) the car will be very tough.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:05 PM   #429
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the replies much appreciated. Which other model touring cars did you guys have and in your opinion how does the mi5 drive compared to the others? Any pros and cons? Tia
Futaba 4PX
cyba888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:28 PM   #430
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
I was talking to Chris (CA) this morning and asked him about this. The car has proven to be extremely tough in testing. The production kits have alloy screws for attaching the pivot balls to the chassis. You have to hit something a ton to shear them but they will break before the chassis gets damaged. Its a very smart way to build in a mechanical fuse to prevent expensive damage.

If you follow the instructions (and addendums) the car will be very tough.
I did that to my car. The alloy screws sheered off, did not damage the arms at all. I am waiting for new screws
Old 05-31-2013, 12:30 PM   #431
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop View Post
I can chime in on this issue, lol, at Speedworld Raceway last week, (a track that mostly caters to 1/8 and 1/10 scale nitro) I hit the 4x4 wood posts used as lane dividers hard, no, make that very hard!. the arms and hubs worked great!. (I should be paid to conduct durability testing). I never broke an arm, and after 1 very nasty crash, I broke a steering hub carrier. the rest of the car came out ok as well.
You weren't going fast enough to actually break
Old 05-31-2013, 12:44 PM   #432
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
D'oh!
Old 05-31-2013, 01:42 PM   #433
Tech Addict

Quote:
What happened to the "I guarantee that if I get a touring car that I can put it in the A Main at the Reedy". j/k, great job getting into the B main, that was 1 tough field! Way to go!
Old 05-31-2013, 01:45 PM   #434
Tech Addict

Quote:
and by the way, I was going full throttle with a boosted 17.5 and hit the wall...it was going very fast. (especially since I was using a speed passion reventon pro and NOT a tekin)!
Old 05-31-2013, 02:52 PM   #435
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop View Post
What happened to the "I guarantee that if I get a touring car that I can put it in the A Main at the Reedy". j/k, great job getting into the B main, that was 1 tough field! Way to go!
Clint, be careful making promises...you might end up wearing a little black dress again