R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree21Likes

Old 04-25-2016, 04:40 PM   #2656
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tonyv2382

Do the stock hubs work with the DCJs up front. If not what is the part number for those particular hubs that accomodate the DCJs?

Last edited by tonyv2382; 04-26-2016 at 03:18 AM.
tonyv2382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 06:27 PM   #2657
Tech Master

I'm running the stock ones on my mi5evo with the dcj.
patorz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 04:47 AM   #2658
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyv2382 View Post
Do the stock hubs work with the DCJs up front. If not what is the part number for those particular hubs that accomodate the DCJs?
the standard hub (U4256) is what is used with or without the DCJ's .. When using the DCJ's, you'll exchange the inner most hub bearing from the 5x10x4 to a 5x10x3 to allow for the slightly longer shaft and joint assembly ..

..p

---> Like us on Facebook!
DiscountRCStore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 04:55 AM   #2659
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscountRCStore View Post
the standard hub (U4256) is what is used with or without the DCJ's .. When using the DCJ's, you'll exchange the inner most hub bearing from the 5x10x4 to a 5x10x3 to allow for the slightly longer shaft and joint assembly ..

..p
When you get the dcjs they come with the hubs that have a wider cutout. Inwas just wondering in case the stock ones got in the way being that the opening is narrower
Old 04-26-2016, 05:14 AM   #2660
Tech Regular

Quote:
When you get the dcjs they come with the hubs that have a wider cutout. Inwas just wondering in case the stock ones got in the way being that the opening is narrower

yes correct .. I believe this was done as a running change as there isn't a different part number for it .. I will find out for certain however and post back ..

..p

Old 04-26-2016, 10:26 AM   #2661
Tech Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscountRCStore View Post
yes correct .. I believe this was done as a running change as there isn't a different part number for it .. I will find out for certain however and post back ..

..p
Schumacher's response:

"... with those drive shafts you need to use the newer updated hub that was done as a running change, so all those you (now) buy are modified and ready to be used .. , there's no other separate part... "

hope it helps ..!

..p

Old 05-06-2016, 02:05 PM   #2662
Tech Elite

So did everyone just dump the 5 and go to the 6? Still running this platform and am doing well with it. Anyone have any feedback btwn the 2 cars?
Old 05-06-2016, 02:07 PM   #2663
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

I'm running one on asphalt, car is plenty competitive for now. Got enough parts to at least last this season so I'm sticking with it.

Zack
wanabgts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 02:11 PM   #2664
Tech Addict

Quote:
So did everyone just dump the 5 and go to the 6? Still running this platform and am doing well with it. Anyone have any feedback btwn the 2 cars?
I just finished putting the 6 together and will be testing it in a couple of weeks.
The five is fine and very consistent. I will tell you that the six is in a different level and if it preformed as good as the build, it will be a game changer.
https://www.facebook.com/ValkariaRcraceway/
chiefj48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 02:34 PM   #2665
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefj48 View Post
I just finished putting the 6 together and will be testing it in a couple of weeks.
The five is fine and very consistent. I will tell you that the six is in a different level and if it preformed as good as the build, it will be a game changer.
All the schuey kits build well. I recently built a D08 and stopped half way through and sold it this morning. Ridiculous build, ream this, file that, horrible shocks, cheap aluminum, sloppy spur assembly, and the list goes on. I got spoiled by schuey. Thing is I have so many evo parts I feel like it's a waste to dump it. Maybe I'll wait for the 6 around Christmas time. It does look awesome. All I have to say is bearings for the hinge pins is just amazing.
Old 05-15-2016, 01:39 PM   #2666
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I am running a Mi5 with twin point steering. With the twin point steering the steering link is lower on the inside. Anyone put spacers under the steering rack to level the steering link? Could the link being lower inside make the car twitchy?
RoyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:24 AM   #2667
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
I am running a Mi5 with twin point steering. With the twin point steering the steering link is lower on the inside. Anyone put spacers under the steering rack to level the steering link? Could the link being lower inside make the car twitchy?

Hello..! apologies on the delayed response.. If I follow what you're describing, it seems that it could have excessive bumpsteer ( occurs when the angle of the link is great enough that it pulls the outside wheel and will begin to toe out under load; such as cornering ) yes, for sure it can make the car behave funny especially around mid corner .. I've not heard of people doing that specifically, however it sounds like a good solution to start with .. level links are generally the way to go .. FWIW ..

some of the others may chime in that have had that experience specifically ..

..p

Old 05-17-2016, 12:48 PM   #2668
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ok folks. Just picked up a Mi5. Can someone help with best on road set up? Local hobby shop runs in their parking lot and they spray the ground with VCT?

Best front and rear spring weight?
Shock oil?

Running a castle ESC and a reds 17.5

Thank you
DK9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 07:22 AM   #2669
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK9mm View Post
Ok folks. Just picked up a Mi5. Can someone help with best on road set up? Local hobby shop runs in their parking lot and they spray the ground with VCT?

Best front and rear spring weight?
Shock oil?

Running a castle ESC and a reds 17.5

Thank you

Hello..! Check out this link if you've not seen it before..

Mi5 setups

The EVO setups are denoted - most all the good setups are posted there .. look for one that is for asphalt, low to medium grip, and bumpy.. Tires are likely going to influence the setup the most so try to find out what the others are running at your track. Hope it helps ..!

..p

Old 05-19-2016, 10:36 PM   #2670
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys, thanks for all the input here, very informative. Ive been out of onroad racing for a while and wondered back after about a 5 year absence. I picked up a used evo complete with 13.5 boosted setup about a month ago. Discovered some negligence from the previous owner and slowly replacing various parts. Its pretty much stock. After a bit of clean up and replacement of the odd ceased bearings etc I did my first race the past weekend. Car felt like it hooked a bit on the steering side so I replaced with the new twin point steering. I havent taken it out since as i'm still rebuilding. Quick question, anyone that has the twin point steering installed used any bump steer washers and if they did what did they use?. Please share, I havent checked as Im still rebuilding, will be cutting the wishbones too, my strap set hasnt arrived, will cut wishbones without the straps still be affective?.

Just to recap on common setup changes I've read here. Im running on asphalt outdoors.
Cut wishbones front and rear.
Install FF and RR straps
Install top deck brace.
Install twin point steering.

Apart from the above, what are the other changes that have been proven to improve performance on the handling side?. It had a bit of push on power, plenty steering off power. Will be trying some anti-squat to see if it give me more on power steering. Will be playing with the roll centres too.

Forgive the long post guys, hopefully the evo thread has not died down completely wit the new MI6 out.

thanks in advance
rcdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote