R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-21-2014, 11:52 AM   #1966
Tech Adept

Is there a site anywhere for the Wild Thing upgrades? I'm looking at the 4mm shock towers and steering arm upgrades but I can't find a good description of what is different about them and what types of conditions they would improve the handling of the car.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:39 PM   #1967
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgroves View Post
Is there a site anywhere for the Wild Thing upgrades? I'm looking at the 4mm shock towers and steering arm upgrades but I can't find a good description of what is different about them and what types of conditions they would improve the handling of the car.
you can contact phill at discount rc. I am sure he has tried these, and should be able to help you...
gdcopbdcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 06:22 AM   #1968
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscountRCStore View Post
.. We used 2x M3x8 alloy screws; one from the top, one from the bottom. We've also tapped the mold with a M3x.5 thread as this will reduce the strain on that area of the plastic.

...p
Have sent PM, any cost?

Thanks
hydrakermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 06:47 AM   #1969
Tech Apprentice

Default Silder Inserts

I saw a post somewhere regarding the slider inserts, im sure it had 3 pictures and it showed someone filing the insides of them first? I just cant find the post anyone help please?
Old 03-22-2014, 08:55 AM   #1970
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgroves View Post
Hey Corey..! The thicker shock towers help to further stiffen up the car by virtually eliminating the the deflection that can occur with the standard towers - ( the front one can be seen on the last pic we posted ). WT offers (2) ackerman variants; a soft and a hard. The soft is abit more ackerman and the the hard is quite allot less ( my fav ) really gives fantastic on power steering on Sorex tires.. Both are different from the stock settings and are made from thicker carbon; won't break as easily

We will post better descriptions on site...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop View Post
you can contact phill at discount rc. I am sure he has tried these, and should be able to help you...
Thank you..!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrakermit View Post
Have sent PM, any cost?

Thanks

.. On the house, will ship this afternoon ...

..p

---> Like us on Facebook!
DiscountRCStore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:59 AM   #1971
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hydrakermit, guess you mean this post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Actually been thinking about this a little more... and in talking with some other drivers, it might well be worth checking your spool and diff outdrive sliders, as they could be binding on the dogbone ball. If they are (and this is a good tip to do anyway, and something I do on all my sliders), run a file down the inside of the lips in the slider, and put a chamfer on them.
Martin recommends to do this on his build tips, and it certainly helps to free up the outdrives, which could be causing some binding.

Some pics to help explain

HiH
Ed
Individual post is here, along with the pics Schumacher Mi5
Old 03-23-2014, 02:33 PM   #1972
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscountRCStore View Post
Hey Corey..! The thicker shock towers help to further stiffen up the car by virtually eliminating the the deflection that can occur with the standard towers - ( the front one can be seen on the last pic we posted ). WT offers (2) ackerman variants; a soft and a hard. The soft is abit more ackerman and the the hard is quite allot less ( my fav ) really gives fantastic on power steering on Sorex tires.. Both are different from the stock settings and are made from thicker carbon; won't break as easily

We will post better descriptions on site...

Thank you..!

.. On the house, will ship this afternoon ...

..p
Many Thanks
Old 03-23-2014, 02:34 PM   #1973
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Hydrakermit, guess you mean this post?

Individual post is here, along with the pics Schumacher Mi5
Possibly, the one I was actually on about with 3 pictures as attachments was on page 112 i think, but have fount it now
Old 03-23-2014, 02:41 PM   #1974
Tech Apprentice

Default Front Belt problem

I know I've been a pain the last few days/weeks hehe, but I have got a problem with my front belt coming off the front spool.

My belt came off on Saturday while I was heading down the straight at Tamworth. It caused the front of the car to lock up and that resulted in snapping a rear wishbone (after plowing into the side wall).

I had problems with it before and the solution I did to stop it flying off again was to tighten the belt via the Eccentric's. Is anyone else having or had this problem with their front belt?

I don't know any other solution to stop the belt from coming off the spool accept tightening it, I also don't know if I am supposed to run the belt tight or loose or really loose, If someone could shed some light on this problem it would be great.

Many thanks for the help so far.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:54 PM   #1975
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to MattW

Belt tension is hard to explain to someone really, it needs to be "tight enough". Generally on the front, I find that the adjustment needs to be in the middle position - as I believe is the manual build.
MattW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:36 PM   #1976
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW View Post
Belt tension is hard to explain to someone really, it needs to be "tight enough". Generally on the front, I find that the adjustment needs to be in the middle position - as I believe is the manual build.
Ah ok, mines weird, I have to have the front belt tight (2 above manual) and the back one is loosened off 1 (1 below manual) and the rear belt is still tight.

I just don't get whats going on with it.

Thanks,
Old 03-23-2014, 04:54 PM   #1977
Tech Adept

Quote:
Ah ok, mines weird, I have to have the front belt tight (2 above manual) and the back one is loosened off 1 (1 below manual) and the rear belt is still tight.

Thanks,
If you are at tamworth go see sam or matt he is a driver for schumacher
Quietman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:43 PM   #1978
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:

Thanks,
To be quite honest, don't worry about it. Just get the eccentrics set so the belts feel right, and close in tension (which is a little tricky given the length of the front vs the rear). If that means one end is set loose and the other is tight, so be it, not something to get hung up on, IMO.
I always try and shoot for a slightly tighter front belt as well, to help transmit the power to the front better (tighter rear can make the car oversteer on power).

HiH
Ed
Old 03-24-2014, 12:55 AM   #1979
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietman View Post
If you are at tamworth go see sam or matt he is a driver for schumacher
Yeah, I spoke to Sam, he said he's never came across this problem before, he did say he will ask Schumacher for me, when we compared our cars his belts are really loose compare to mine that's why I asked the question about whether they should be tight or not.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:56 AM   #1980
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
To be quite honest, don't worry about it. Just get the eccentrics set so the belts feel right, and close in tension (which is a little tricky given the length of the front vs the rear). If that means one end is set loose and the other is tight, so be it, not something to get hung up on, IMO.
I always try and shoot for a slightly tighter front belt as well, to help transmit the power to the front better (tighter rear can make the car oversteer on power).

HiH
Ed
Brilliant! Makes sense.

Thank you Ed