R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-20-2013, 05:52 AM   #181
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnickv View Post
It might work if it were a molded piece available in multiple lengths that screwed into the arm or if the arm had a slot with grooves in which the ball cup could be moved and snapped into the arm.

However both of these are overly complex or could possibly cause an unwanted amount of slop or inaccuracy in the way that the ball is mounted. The first would also need multiple molded parts to change.
Typical Awesomatix problem!
I've written the same question in the A700 post long time ago, even proposed a solution, but no answer from the car designer...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/11279397-post2447.html
Airwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #182
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Typical Awesomatix problem!
I've written the same question in the A700 post long time ago, even proposed a solution, but no answer from the car designer...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/11279397-post2447.html
Your idea was what I was referring to in my first post, it looks like a good solution and would be interesting to see implemented on either car.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #183
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

wow. thats a nice looking car i might have to try out.
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #184
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Airwave, the adjustable rear toe of the A700 is nice!!! You can put any amount of toe you want without buying any new parts This is like how the Schumacher cars use to be back in the day(SST, Axis, Axis2). Having better setup tools now days I wonder why Schumacher didn't go back to that type of design
The Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:08 AM   #185
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

http://hofaaa.wordpress.com/

Martin Hofer's got a couple recent blog posts that I haven't seen mentioned.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:56 AM   #186
Tech Adept

Saw a few flying round the Cotswolds yesterday. Car is very fast, 2nd in super touring in the hands of Chris Grainger. Only saw 1 with an issue after a fairly heavy incident which was the rear right front ball joint on the wishbone coming off iirc. Beautiful car to hold!
Mi4cxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #187
Tech Adept

Default A new dynamic...

This car seems very different, I wonder how long it's gonna take for the fast drivers to get to a really good base set up.

Whilst, by the sound of it, Harper was on fire at Cotswolds with the new Durango, it is a far more conventional looking car, and maybe a bit easier to get a base set up on. I say maybe, before I get lampooned.
Lohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:23 PM   #188
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Team drivers have been racing the car for several months and podiumed at national events. I think they have a good base setup. But I can see how it might appear intimidating
Old 04-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #189
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohan View Post
This car seems very different, I wonder how long it's gonna take for the fast drivers to get to a really good base set up.

Whilst, by the sound of it, Harper was on fire at Cotswolds with the new Durango, it is a far more conventional looking car, and maybe a bit easier to get a base set up on. I say maybe, before I get lampooned.

Grainger got 2nd behind him with his Mi5.

Hofer got 3rd in one of the last ETS triple A-Mains and ended up 5th over all in Super Stock.

I'd say they have a good base setup for mod and stock right now.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:43 PM   #190
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post

Grainger got 2nd behind him with his Mi5.

Hofer got 3rd in one of the last ETS triple A-Mains and ended up 5th over all in Super Stock.

I'd say they have a good base setup for mod and stock right now.
I hope so. I cant wait to get one. I am so done with my MI-4 CXL!
gdcopbdcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #191
Tech Addict

Robin, any chance of sending either Chris or Martin to the Reedy next month?
gdcopbdcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:08 AM   #192
Tech Initiate

I can't wait to get my hands on my mi5. I have already received my mid motor belts, alloy top deck mounts and my cf 2.5 degree rear wishbones. I'm so pumped for this build! My cxls have been getting better and better every time I run them! I want to thank CPD racing and tjd models and of course Schmacher for making an awsome car and backing it with awsome parts and tech support
Captain go slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:09 AM   #193
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain go slow View Post
I can't wait to get my hands on my mi5. I have already received my mid motor belts, alloy top deck mounts and my cf 2.5 degree rear wishbones. I'm so pumped for this build! My cxls have been getting better and better every time I run them! I want to thank CPD racing and tjd models and of course Schmacher for making an awsome car and backing it with awsome parts and tech support
What are the alloy top deck mounts? Are they to replace the stock plastic parts that secure the top deck CF parts to the suspension mounts?
TheHoofmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #194
Tech Initiate

They are indeed for the top deck! Just to let every one know aswell that will be getting the mi5 there is a little bit of confusion in regards to the mid motor assembly. You have to buy a conversion kit. I think Schumacher will clear this up. I spoke directly to Schumacher about this as I thought I would only have to buy just the belts to do the conversion!
Captain go slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #195
Tech Regular

Pretty sure that in the video Chris Grainger did say that you only need the belts
cyclonetog is offline   Reply With Quote