R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-19-2013, 02:17 PM   #1741
Tech Apprentice
 
KBRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kolding, Denmark
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood View Post
Looks nice! I would run a servo saver otherwise you will have a short race day!
I have run three races and 4 times training with the servo setup, and if anything goes, then it's the servo horn from Serpent ......
KBRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #1742
Tech Apprentice
 
KBRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kolding, Denmark
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-kenny View Post
Some new parts from Wildthing due out shortly.





It may be that might sound silly, but what is New in those parts, because I can not see the difference ......????
KBRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #1743
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In a house
Posts: 209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBRacing View Post
It may be that might sound silly, but what is New in those parts, because I can not see the difference ......????
There are two types of front arm one smooth,one more aggresive,brace for front end
Quietman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:46 AM   #1744
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 53
Default Mid Motor & 2.00mm Chassis

Has anyone tried this combination ?
__________________
Yokomo BD7 2015 (x2); Futaba 4PKR-S; LRP Flow; Teamwave Motors; Savox servos;
http://demonpowerproducts.co.uk/
mcdoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #1745
Tech Apprentice
 
KBRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kolding, Denmark
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdoogle View Post
Has anyone tried this combination ?
I'll try it between Christmas and New Year, when I test up to the DHI Cup
KBRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #1746
Tech Addict
 
dorkmissle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 583
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Anyone tried bleeder caps on their Mi5? Curious how they are over bumps.

Also, I see discount has the arm pivot balls in stock, anyone tried to replace one yet?
dorkmissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:10 AM   #1747
Tech Addict
 
HappyHippo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Europe
Posts: 629
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdoogle View Post
Has anyone tried this combination ?
woorks great on low tracktion, when the tracktion get better then the car sets too much down and looses cornerspeed..

Ill goint to try this agian with C-hus setup to see if that is better
HappyHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #1748
Tech Apprentice
 
KBRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kolding, Denmark
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkmissle View Post
Anyone tried bleeder caps on their Mi5? Curious how they are over bumps.

Also, I see discount has the arm pivot balls in stock, anyone tried to replace one yet?
Do you have a part number....????
KBRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #1749
Tech Regular
 
DiscountRCStore's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Niles, Mi.
Posts: 331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkmissle View Post
Anyone tried bleeder caps on their Mi5? Curious how they are over bumps.

Also, I see discount has the arm pivot balls in stock, anyone tried to replace one yet?
We've just begun testing with them in the last week or so with mixed opinions. In general, we agree that they make the overall 'feel' of the car subtlety softer so depending on how you like the car to transition, it can be a favorable difference. ( part U4130 ) The pivot ball sockets ( part U4244 ) are CA'd in place and can be knocked out ( carefully! ) or with a bit of acetone can soften the glue just enough to knock out ( don't soak them too long, can begin to break down the carbon fiber )

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBRacing View Post
Do you have a part number....????
Schumacher part U4244

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBRacing View Post
It may be that might sound silly, but what is New in those parts, because I can not see the difference ......????
Quietman is correct. There will be a front brace to compliment the rear brace that will further stiffen the chassis and help create a better balanced feel from front to rear. Because our current steering rod has no real ackerman adjustment, there will also be ( 2 ) available steering plate options of different lengths. We've not yet seen them in person however, the shorter one should offer more ackerman ( less aggressive ) with the longer ones offering less ackerman ( more aggressive ). The shock towers thickness has been increased to 4.3mm to help minimize deflection in the shock angle as well firm up to top of the bulkheads, helping to make the chassis flex a bit less and drive more accurately..

Maybe Ed will chime in and offer more info if we overlooked something.. hope it helps! ...
__________________
www.discountRCstore.com - Free shipping over $50 storewide

---> Like us on Facebook!
DiscountRCStore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:59 PM   #1750
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,171
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscountRCStore View Post
Quietman is correct. There will be a front brace to compliment the rear brace that will further stiffen the chassis and help create a better balanced feel from front to rear. Because our current steering rod has no real ackerman adjustment, there will also be ( 2 ) available steering plate options of different lengths. We've not yet seen them in person however, the shorter one should offer more ackerman ( less aggressive ) with the longer ones offering less ackerman ( more aggressive ). The shock towers thickness has been increased to 4.3mm to help minimize deflection in the shock angle as well firm up to top of the bulkheads, helping to make the chassis flex a bit less and drive more accurately..

Maybe Ed will chime in and offer more info if we overlooked something.. hope it helps! ...
You can (just) see the front brace in this picture from the ETS;
http://ets.redrc.net/wp-content/gall...hofermi5-5.jpg

Think of them as the difference between running one-piece or split blocks on other cars. So running the braces reduces the flex at that end of the car, which can change the balance and reduce the overall grip at that end.

The shock towers, look similar positions (the holes don't look lower), so thickness is probably the main thing.

Regarding the ackerman plates, I would hazard a guess that they move the mounting hole in-wards, rather than back, but worth checking that.

I've been running ackerman plates with the mounting hole moved in towards the centre of the car 1mm, based on the advice of Grainger and Matt W. I found that it helps to give the car more steering, but more linear as well (at least when used with the centre ball rack as well, easier to see here http://ets.redrc.net/wp-content/gall...hofermi5-9.jpg). I have tried plates with the hole 2mm in, but wasn't so sure on them, so have just kept the 1mm in versions on both my cars.

HiH
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:40 AM   #1751
Tech Elite
 
The Teacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 4,657
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

TryHard, who makes the center ball steering rack and 1mm in ackerman plates that you run???
The Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:47 AM   #1752
Tech Master
 
scott_g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Brisbane, Aus
Posts: 1,785
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to scott_g Send a message via Skype™ to scott_g
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHippo View Post

Ill goint to try this agian with C-hus setup to see if that is better
C-hub setup? Do tell? C-hubs up front?
__________________
schumacher, speedpassion and more plus race blog at www.actionrc.com.au
twittering @ scottyg_rc
scott_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:58 AM   #1753
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,171
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Teacher View Post
TryHard, who makes the center ball steering rack and 1mm in ackerman plates that you run???
I made them myself. The ackerman plates, I just cut up a buggered chassis plate that I had from a previous car, and drew up in cad a template to mark out the new hole positions.
The rack, was also pretty simple. Firstly filled in the cut-out in the rack, by cutting a strip of carbon to size, and sanding it down to the right thickness, before Aralditing it in place. Then I drilled and tapped new holes in the middle of the rack, 8mm apart.

HiH
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #1754
Tech Addict
 
dvsstrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 543
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I recently been running the mi5 just to take a break from the dirt and have had great success with the car. My good friend gdcpbdcop has an identical set up with the only difference is the 2mm chassis. the only difference I feel is how responsive the car is. I do not like that car to be that twitchy for me. I have been preferring the stock chassis with the braces. the only complaint I have is I can't keep up with those awsomatix car on the straight it always pulls 3-4 car length every thime on the straight and it looks like he is running boost or something I have to work my ass off to catch him on the infield and always do by the time we hit straight again he is gone. my question is how can I free this thing up?
__________________
Tim Linayao
Team Schumacher Usa Core-Rc Team Powers
dvsstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #1755
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 191
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsstrike View Post
I recently been running the mi5 just to take a break from the dirt and have had great success with the car. My good friend gdcpbdcop has an identical set up with the only difference is the 2mm chassis. the only difference I feel is how responsive the car is. I do not like that car to be that twitchy for me. I have been preferring the stock chassis with the braces. the only complaint I have is I can't keep up with those awsomatix car on the straight it always pulls 3-4 car length every thime on the straight and it looks like he is running boost or something I have to work my ass off to catch him on the infield and always do by the time we hit straight again he is gone. my question is how can I free this thing up?
It's called HORSE POWER aka MONEY lol
jtsbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:42 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0