R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-14-2017, 11:47 PM   #1411
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Springfield OHIO
Posts: 563
Send a message via AIM to racer034life
Default

does anyone have a starting point for usgt! also I am looking for a aluminum chassis.
__________________
Access Hobbies,CRC, Detc410, Xray T4 15,
The Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driving School
racer034life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:01 AM   #1412
Tech Addict
 
SpeedySST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Meeker, CO
Posts: 646
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

What surface? PetitRC has setup sheets for most surfaces. Good luck finding an aluminum chassis. There werent that many made and I got lucky. Team Durango DETC410 & DETC410v2 Setup Sheets
__________________
Team Durango DETC410 / SpeedPassion / Fantom Racing / Aston Martin Racing
SpeedySST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 01:32 PM   #1413
Tech Master
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lompoc, Ca.
Posts: 1,659
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer034life View Post
does anyone have a starting point for usgt! also I am looking for a aluminum chassis.
Fenix recently made another batch of chassis. Contact Giorgio. He has posted recently about them. The only problem is that shipping to the U.S. is expensive from Italy.
__________________
R-Factor RC Products
AE- TC6.1WC, TC6.2, RSD6, B5M
CRC- GenX10 WGT & Pro10 Prototype, WTF1, Xti 1/12
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 02:56 PM   #1414
Tech Addict
 
SpeedySST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Meeker, CO
Posts: 646
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Contact from their web page or RCTech. I cant find contact info. NM found it.
__________________
Team Durango DETC410 / SpeedPassion / Fantom Racing / Aston Martin Racing
SpeedySST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 03:57 PM   #1415
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Springfield OHIO
Posts: 563
Send a message via AIM to racer034life
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedySST View Post
Contact from their web page or RCTech. I cant find contact info. NM found it.
Please let me know what you find out! I would like to order one or two. Also I have a local hobby shop with more spares then they know what to do with! I'll post a list in a few days.
racer034life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 07:25 AM   #1416
Tech Addict
 
SpeedySST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Meeker, CO
Posts: 646
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Received this email this morning for those that are interested:

Good morning Mark

Sorry for the delay, but all the team was in Holland for the International Dutch F1 Master.

Durango Chassis is available in 2 options

Flex
Durango DE410TC - 2mm 7075 Chassis - FenixRacingShop

And

Full flex
Durango DE410TC - 2mm 7075 Chassis - FenixRacingShop


Shipping cost to the USA , using UPS, is 24 euro.

Hope this helps

Best Regards


Giorgio Favaretto

Fenix Racing
FenixRacingShop
FENIX RACING
mobile + 39 348 2209673
__________________
Team Durango DETC410 / SpeedPassion / Fantom Racing / Aston Martin Racing
SpeedySST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 03:55 PM   #1417
Tech Regular
 
bikedoctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana
Posts: 384
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default replacement parts

looking to get back imto on road is this a risky buy in terms of replacement parts for easily broken parts?
bikedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 07:48 PM   #1418
Tech Master
 
Crowbo74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mesa AZ
Posts: 1,309
Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)
Default Parts

Delete
Crowbo74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:39 PM   #1419
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Tyler, Texas
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedySST View Post
Received this email this morning for those that are interested:

Good morning Mark

Sorry for the delay, but all the team was in Holland for the International Dutch F1 Master.

Durango Chassis is available in 2 options

Flex
Durango DE410TC - 2mm 7075 Chassis - FenixRacingShop

And

Full flex
Durango DE410TC - 2mm 7075 Chassis - FenixRacingShop


Shipping cost to the USA , using UPS, is 24 euro.

Hope this helps

Best Regards


Giorgio Favaretto

Fenix Racing
FenixRacingShop
FENIX RACING
mobile + 39 348 2209673
Now if only Durango or someone would make all the other parts, that'd be something. ...
blankenj99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:58 PM   #1420
Tech Addict
 
SpeedySST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Meeker, CO
Posts: 646
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Yeah I would use overpriced XRAY parts but Id rather not. Found a bunch of Pro5 parts that will fit with a little dremel work. It will be enough for the outdoor season anyway.
__________________
Team Durango DETC410 / SpeedPassion / Fantom Racing / Aston Martin Racing
SpeedySST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 10:01 PM   #1421
Tech Addict
 
SpeedySST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Meeker, CO
Posts: 646
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikedoctor View Post
looking to get back imto on road is this a risky buy in terms of replacement parts for easily broken parts?
Yes it is getting hard to find Durango parts, especially the V2 parts. For outdoor Im ok with the V1 parts except for the steering hubs which seem to be made out of butter. They're way too soft.
__________________
Team Durango DETC410 / SpeedPassion / Fantom Racing / Aston Martin Racing
SpeedySST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:42 AM   #1422
Tech Addict
 
SpeedySST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Meeker, CO
Posts: 646
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone know if any of the Spec-R gear diffs fit the DETC? Im getting tired of replacing cases because of the stupid fine pitch screws. Serious design flaw.
__________________
Team Durango DETC410 / SpeedPassion / Fantom Racing / Aston Martin Racing
SpeedySST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:43 AM   #1423
Tech Apprentice
 
Broadwater's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Manassas,Va
Posts: 77
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedySST View Post
Yes it is getting hard to find Durango parts, especially the V2 parts. For outdoor Im ok with the V1 parts except for the steering hubs which seem to be made out of butter. They're way too soft.
On the front of my car i'm using all yokomo bd7 parts. since i can't find parts for this car anymore. arms,hubs steering block and anti roll bar. you just have to add extra spacers at the inner hinge pin.
Broadwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 12:12 PM   #1424
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Tyler, Texas
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadwater View Post
On the front of my car i'm using all yokomo bd7 parts. since i can't find parts for this car anymore. arms,hubs steering block and anti roll bar. you just have to add extra spacers at the inner hinge pin.
I have two new BD8s, going to measure everything as I build it to see how they compare...
blankenj99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 12:33 PM   #1425
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,415
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedySST View Post
Does anyone know if any of the Spec-R gear diffs fit the DETC? Im getting tired of replacing cases because of the stupid fine pitch screws. Serious design flaw.
Could you not go up one screw size or try a standard screw thats bigger or even go to a course thread screw. Just suggestions if your stuck for parts.

I know when I'm using machine screws into plastic, I actually use a tap on a new hole. Then when I take a screw out and get ready to put it back in, I'll turn the opposite direction from tightening so the screw kind of jumps the thread, then its starting in the same spot every time, lined up with the threads. This method really saves on the wear and tear of plastic threads. If its a case of over tightening, well then, I got nothing.
__________________
Gary Lanzer
Team VBC HK
Team R1WURKS
EMR Factory LLC
AWESOME Graphics
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:23 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net