R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-18-2016, 08:46 AM   #1246
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Are you serious that you can't afford a $4 spur gear? Nearly all of the problems you are experiencing are self inflicted. The car is great! It just takes some learning and common sense. The reason you are having pinion issues is that you have the wrong spur for the motor you are running. Get the DE 86t and you will be set.
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 12:43 PM   #1247
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Its that attitude that is making me change my mind about returning to racing r/c cars. Its none of your damn business to question what I can or cant afford even IF I could find one in stock. There shouldnt be a "right" or "wrong" spur gear. "Common sense" would be to design a center brace that fits whatever spur gear that I already own instead of making me buy more parts and pay for more shipping.
Old 03-18-2016, 01:25 PM   #1248
Tech Adept

speedy sst i gave u the 86 spur gear with all the parts i gave u please put it on your not a pro so get over it and race the dam car. yodogg is a good person to get help from it his help that has made my cars run good. thanks yodogg ....... steve-o
SGrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 02:21 PM   #1249
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedySST View Post
Its that attitude that is making me change my mind about returning to racing r/c cars. Its none of your damn business to question what I can or cant afford even IF I could find one in stock. There shouldnt be a "right" or "wrong" spur gear. "Common sense" would be to design a center brace that fits whatever spur gear that I already own instead of making me buy more parts and pay for more shipping.
No attitude here... You stated that you were done wasting time and money on this car and all you need to do it right, is to spend $4 for the correct spur gear. (it appears hat you already have it) The brace that you mention is an optional part and can be removed in favor of setting screws in the spur towers. (with 1mm shims of course) Before I bought the center stiffener for my car, I just used a standoff cut to the proper length. This method allowed for plenty of room for super big pinions.
I realized that you may be new to modern TC cars so I just wanted to point out that in order to get the most out of the car, you need the proper guidance and equipment.
This is not an inexpensive hobby so if one is unwilling to invest in the proper gear, it may not be the right hobby for them. The DETC410 is a great car and has even more potential. Those who typically have trouble with it, likely lack the experience to get the most out of it.
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
Old 03-18-2016, 02:39 PM   #1250
Tech Adept

yodog a aluminum chassis in the makeing soon u think durango will have one made. i have one on my v1 it night and day. i like the alum chassis more everyone should b able to try one.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:31 PM   #1251
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrubb View Post
yodog a aluminum chassis in the makeing soon u think durango will have one made. i have one on my v1 it night and day. i like the alum chassis more everyone should b able to try one.
There was a guy who was making the aluminum chassis a year or two back. I doubt Durango will make a factory one. I recently heard that Durango has discontinued their on road program so I don't know if that means no more DETC or just the Team driver program has been discontinued. It's disappointing news either way.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:59 PM   #1252
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrubb View Post
speedy sst i gave u the 86 spur gear with all the parts i gave u please put it on your not a pro so get over it and race the dam car. yodogg is a good person to get help from it his help that has made my cars run good. thanks yodogg ....... steve-o
Well, hey thanks for that kick in the nuts Steve! Much appreciated.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:42 PM   #1253
Tech Master

Quote:
Well, hey thanks for that kick in the nuts Steve! Much appreciated.

Sometime it brings a new perspective.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:54 PM   #1254
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they have a mix of spur gears to limit the movement you do to the motor a certain amount of movement over a particular mm can effect optimum balance and handling as well as motors working better in the specific gear ratios
Adam Howe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 06:58 PM   #1255
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Howe View Post
I'm pretty sure they have a mix of spur gears to limit the movement you do to the motor a certain amount of movement over a particular mm can effect optimum balance and handling as well as motors working better in the specific gear ratios
+1 as it's a race car not a one size fits all. Optimal balance and flex characteristics.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:46 PM   #1256
Tech Adept

I hate to do this will i have to put my two detc410 up for sale. i like this car and i have it working good all i need is more speed. thinking about go back to 64 pitch gears. yodog thanks for all the help this past year.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:35 AM   #1257
Tech Adept

yodog i hope u have your ears on today i just took my usgt car all a part and put on a new chassis on i also made sure that i have elliott harper high traction setup on it from top to bottom.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:38 AM   #1258
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDog View Post
There was a guy who was making the aluminum chassis a year or two back. I doubt Durango will make a factory one. I recently heard that Durango has discontinued their on road program so I don't know if that means no more DETC or just the Team driver program has been discontinued. It's disappointing news either way.
Have you got a link of said info? Been trying to find something since reading this and cant seem to.
B3nno810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 03:42 AM   #1259
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3nno810 View Post
Have you got a link of said info? Been trying to find something since reading this and cant seem to.
Ye I know Durango had some built and tested them I just don't think they went into production, unless they release them in the future, from what I gather they got better results on carpet with them maybe a sponsored or ex sponsored driver might have one to sell either that or find someone to make it
Adam Howe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:46 AM   #1260
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3nno810 View Post
Look up C&M motorsports on Facebook. Scroll down and you will find their post from 2014 on the Durango parts Chris makes.