R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-16-2016, 03:31 AM   #1231
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedySST View Post
You know, this car has been nothing but a lesson in frustration. From having to take off the top deck just to change a pinion to finding out the middle stiffener only allows a maximum size pinion, I wish Id known about the silliness of the design.

You can change pinion through the slot in the bottom of the chassis. This stops you taking the top deck off that's what the slot is for.

What motor turn are you running? Are you using correct spur gear for your motor range?
Adam Howe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:24 AM   #1232
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Running 17.5 and HAD a 100 tooth pinion. Now I have to buy smaller spurs (of course I cant use one of the others I already have because they are too thick to fit in the assembly). My "old" car is much easier to work on. Between these issues and a bad speed control which is new but purchased over a year ago, Im losing my enthusiasm. The day I get it all sorted out, I'll be in love with the hobby again but after a year of absence, I understand why its so hard to get new blood into touring cars.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:38 AM   #1233
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Running 17.5 and HAD a 100 tooth pinion. Now I have to buy smaller spurs (of course I cant use one of the others I already have because they are too thick to fit in the assembly). My "old" car is much easier to work on. Between these issues and a bad speed control which is new but purchased over a year ago, Im losing my enthusiasm. The day I get it all sorted out, I'll be in love with the hobby again but after a year of absence, I understand why its so hard to get new blood into touring cars.
Most cars have the same issues. You can only get a range of pinion on for your spur gear. You need to select the spur based on the class and car you are running. Also, not all spurs will fit any car. You must get the correct spur for your car. I know there are a few manufacturers that sell spurs that fit the Durango, but I can't remember them right now. They are however in this thread, but back many pages.
Old 03-16-2016, 12:41 PM   #1234
Tech Addict

Ive started using Panaracer spurs. They fit perfectly!
Old 03-16-2016, 02:16 PM   #1235
Tech Apprentice

You will need a 86 turn spur for slower stock classes as reccomended in the manual.

As for your speed controller issues I'd go and see someone at the same club as you get them to set yours up or help you with it.

What you need to remember is this is a high spec touring car you need to ensure you build it correctly first and then try the set up in the manual this should give you a good start point.
Old 03-16-2016, 02:54 PM   #1236
Tech Addict

Well I just checked the manual on line and see nothing about the spur gears. Anyway, I ordered 90t spurs and with the right FDR I should be ok. If not, I'll abandon the center stiffener for now. Im pretty much out of time and money for more gears. As for the ESC I went back to my old reliable Speed Passion ProStock and it works fine.
Old 03-16-2016, 03:22 PM   #1237
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Well I just checked the manual on line and see nothing about the spur gears. Anyway, I ordered 90t spurs and with the right FDR I should be ok. If not, I'll abandon the center stiffener for now. Im pretty much out of time and money for more gears. As for the ESC I went back to my old reliable Speed Passion ProStock and it works fine.
Have a look at this page on the website if you scroll down to the spur gears it gives you the correct ones to run with your motor. It's the v2 car but the section on spur gears outlines what I am saying.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say centre stiffener can you post a photo.

http://www.team-durango.com/race-cars/detc410v2/
Old 03-16-2016, 03:40 PM   #1238
ekt
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Howe View Post
Have a look at this page on the website if you scroll down to the spur gears it gives you the correct ones to run with your motor. It's the v2 car but the section on spur gears outlines what I am saying.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say centre stiffener can you post a photo.

http://www.team-durango.com/race-cars/detc410v2/
They would be talking about the aluminium flex control mount #TD330251
Old 03-16-2016, 03:42 PM   #1239
Tech Addict

Yep, thats the one. Im running the V1 so no spur gear info in that particular manual as far as I can see.
Old 03-16-2016, 03:45 PM   #1240
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekt View Post
They would be talking about the aluminium flex control mount #TD330251
A smaller spur should eradicate that problem and give you more room to fit the pinion you want to run to give the correct FDR for your 17.5 just stay within the gear chart range for that spur gear.
Old 03-16-2016, 03:51 PM   #1241
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Yep, thats the one. Im running the V1 so no spur gear info in that particular manual as far as I can see.
The v1 is pretty much exactly the same drive train lay out wise and size
Old 03-16-2016, 04:43 PM   #1242
Tech Addict

Im just saying they could have simply engineered the center post to fit bigger spur/pinion gear combos. Its not like there's a lot of tension on that post. The other thing I wondered, and I realize this is nitpicking, why is that screw so long?
Old 03-16-2016, 05:51 PM   #1243
ekt
Tech Master

Here's a gearing chart from TD http://www.team-durango.com/pdf/setu...ar%20Chart.pdf
Old 03-16-2016, 09:05 PM   #1244
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Im just saying they could have simply engineered the center post to fit bigger spur/pinion gear combos. Its not like there's a lot of tension on that post. The other thing I wondered, and I realize this is nitpicking, why is that screw so long?
How don't have a Durango anymore, but I don't remember that screw being that long.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:40 PM   #1245
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Not sure why it's so long swap it for a smaller one personally it doesn't bother me.

Iv ran modified with 116 spur and 100 spur in 13.5 and never had a issue id try the 86spur for 17.5 to start with.

Hope that helps