R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-05-2016, 04:05 PM   #1216
Tech Initiate
 
clhccoach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: crystal lake
Posts: 45
Default

Has anyone tried the new rod ends for the v2.
They claim to have a tighter tolerance.
__________________
Xray t3
Sanwa mt-4

GO Blackhawks
clhccoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 05:13 PM   #1217
Tech Master
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lompoc, Ca.
Posts: 1,659
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clhccoach View Post
Has anyone tried the new rod ends for the v2.
They claim to have a tighter tolerance.
They are still loose and too soft in my opinion.
I am now looking for alternatives for the upper links but I am having trouble determining which ones are the right size as the manufacturers don't specify their size rather the model they fit.
__________________
R-Factor RC Products
AE- TC6.1WC, TC6.2, RSD6, B5M
CRC- GenX10 WGT & Pro10 Prototype, WTF1, Xti 1/12
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 04:20 AM   #1218
Tech Master
 
heretic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: europe
Posts: 1,094
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDog View Post
I am having trouble determining which ones are the right size as the manufacturers don't specify their size rather the model they fit.
Agreed, that's rather annoying. I wish someone would create a post listing the actual ball stud sizes (measured with calipers, not the size claimed by the manufacturer). I tried to create a list like that for bone blade sizes a few years back, but it didn't gain any traction. The thread listing belt sizes has been a success however.
__________________
I love wedge bodies. I love dish wheels.
heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:27 AM   #1219
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 121
Default

I just put new 8mm ballstud-short part #31281 and new turnbuckle eyelet part #31305
associated it looks like a good match the big test will be this weekend. will let you know. Team Fantom Driver
SGrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 05:52 PM   #1220
Tech Addict
 
SpeedySST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Meeker, CO
Posts: 646
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

There you are Steve!!
SpeedySST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:01 AM   #1221
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 121
Default

Day after racing at 5280 the new carpet is good lot of traction and it will only get better the car worked good with the associated ball and cups i had to go to 8mm long in the front top of the c-hub the short pulled out. need a touring body with less grip.let me know if you r runing on fast track 2 carpet thanks
SGrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 10:22 AM   #1222
Tech Addict
 
SpeedySST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Meeker, CO
Posts: 646
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Ive been using Schumacher ball ends since I owned the SST 99 Pro. Very little, if any slop.
__________________
Team Durango DETC410 / SpeedPassion / Fantom Racing / Aston Martin Racing
SpeedySST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:27 PM   #1223
Tech Addict
 
B3nno810's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kalgoorlie, Western Australia
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Ok so im adding tc to my list of classes that im running and have been a fan of the detc410 since it came our so i have 2 on order.

As im new to tc im going to be starting with spec class.

Just wondering with this car what hop ups/tuning options are a must have and what spares are going to be needed etc.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Cheers.
B3nno810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 08:21 PM   #1224
Tech Master
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lompoc, Ca.
Posts: 1,659
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3nno810 View Post
Ok so im adding tc to my list of classes that im running and have been a fan of the detc410 since it came our so i have 2 on order.

As im new to tc im going to be starting with spec class.

Just wondering with this car what hop ups/tuning options are a must have and what spares are going to be needed etc.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Cheers.
The car is pretty great out of the box. That having been said... as long as you are getting the V2 model, all you need to change is the servo mount blocks as the plastic is not really rigid enough to be reliable. Some say use a piece of servo tape between the servo and chassis but I feel that negates the floating aspect of the servo mount. You will want to pick up more springs and anti-sway bars as tuning options. I am working on a full floating steering mount as well as a few other carbon goodies. I have noticed many team drivers have changed out the front composite out drives to the steel ones as well as changing to steel drive shafts vs the aluminum. So far I haven't had any problems with the stock stuff but I usually don't hit much. If you tend to use the boards, you may want to swap out the tie rods for Titanium as the aluminum tends to bend easily.
__________________
R-Factor RC Products
AE- TC6.1WC, TC6.2, RSD6, B5M
CRC- GenX10 WGT & Pro10 Prototype, WTF1, Xti 1/12
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 08:35 PM   #1225
Tech Addict
 
B3nno810's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kalgoorlie, Western Australia
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDog View Post
The car is pretty great out of the box. That having been said... as long as you are getting the V2 model, all you need to change is the servo mount blocks as the plastic is not really rigid enough to be reliable. Some say use a piece of servo tape between the servo and chassis but I feel that negates the floating aspect of the servo mount. You will want to pick up more springs and anti-sway bars as tuning options. I am working on a full floating steering mount as well as a few other carbon goodies. I have noticed many team drivers have changed out the front composite out drives to the steel ones as well as changing to steel drive shafts vs the aluminum. So far I haven't had any problems with the stock stuff but I usually don't hit much. If you tend to use the boards, you may want to swap out the tie rods for Titanium as the aluminum tends to bend easily.
Cheers for the reply man. Theyre v1 kits as i can get them at a really good price. First time racing onroad. But the tracks ill be running on will be outdoor asphalt. Ill look inyo the titanium rods if theyre going to be an issue and steel out drives.

Ive got a list together of various things from what ive been able to read on here and go from there i suppose.
B3nno810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 02:01 PM   #1226
Tech Master
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lompoc, Ca.
Posts: 1,659
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3nno810 View Post
Cheers for the reply man. Theyre v1 kits as i can get them at a really good price. First time racing onroad. But the tracks ill be running on will be outdoor asphalt. Ill look inyo the titanium rods if theyre going to be an issue and steel out drives.

Ive got a list together of various things from what ive been able to read on here and go from there i suppose.
You will likely want the hard suspension parts as well. They are much better than the V1 plastic. You will also need spur gears to match the motor class of your choosing.
__________________
R-Factor RC Products
AE- TC6.1WC, TC6.2, RSD6, B5M
CRC- GenX10 WGT & Pro10 Prototype, WTF1, Xti 1/12
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 10:38 AM   #1227
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7
Default

I recently picked up two used DETC one has a gear diff up front one has a spool, what's the advantage of running the gear diff over the spool? The gear diff appears to have a very thick fluid in it so it appears it's almost locked anyway.

Thanks
Limamikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 10:45 AM   #1228
Tech Master
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lompoc, Ca.
Posts: 1,659
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limamikemike View Post
I recently picked up two used DETC one has a gear diff up front one has a spool, what's the advantage of running the gear diff over the spool? The gear diff appears to have a very thick fluid in it so it appears it's almost locked anyway.

Thanks
The diff is useful on tight technical tracks with lower power motors. The spool is a little better on larger tracks and is a bit more suitable with higher powe motors like 13.5 and lower.
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:04 PM   #1229
Tech Fanatic
 
tbrymer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 981
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

And I've found the diff to have more steering.
__________________
CRC - C&C Motorsports - SpeedZone
tbrymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 05:11 PM   #1230
Tech Addict
 
SpeedySST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Meeker, CO
Posts: 646
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

You know, this car has been nothing but a lesson in frustration. From having to take off the top deck just to change a pinion to finding out the middle stiffener only allows a maximum size pinion, I wish Id known about the silliness of the design.
__________________
Team Durango DETC410 / SpeedPassion / Fantom Racing / Aston Martin Racing
SpeedySST is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:12 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net