R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-08-2014, 09:23 PM   #826
Tech Addict
 
tbrymer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 704
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone tried the C&M chasis for the Durango?
tbrymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 01:39 PM   #827
Tech Addict
 
32819toon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of England
Posts: 570
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default reliability

Anyone have reliability issues ?
I bought 2 DETC410 cars. I built one for my 11 year old son which he now races and loves driving. However, in his first practice (not even a race) he broke a front CVD joint, it split in half. On his second outing, he broke a driveshaft axle. The nipple bit which joins into the driveshaft actually sheared off. Third time out he broke a plastic outdrive. Three outings - three breakages. Not what I expect from a so called top end car. I've emailed Durango twice and had no reply, so much for customer service. I've not even built my car yet, it's been a spares donor for my son's car.

I believe that the problem might be the spool. I had similar issues with our last touring car. We went through loads of driveshaft joints until I installed a gear diff up front. We race on a tight technical track, and I think it's too much for a spool to handle.

I've bough a gear diff and steel outdrives for both Durango's so hopefully this will sort out the problems.

Not happy with the customer service at Durango though. I feel like selling both cars and buying another brand.
__________________
32819toon
Yokomo BD7 RS, Modified Spec-R S1, Schumacher GT12, Tamiya M03, M05, M01, M03RWD, MF01-X, BSR M-Rage, ABC Gambado, Associated TC4.
32819toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:14 PM   #828
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hanford, California
Posts: 401
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

I've always called the support.

Last edited by RBraswell; 11-21-2014 at 06:38 PM.
RBraswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 02:56 PM   #829
Tech Addict
 
32819toon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of England
Posts: 570
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Update - broke another front CVD joint tonight - while building a driveshaft ! The joint split in half while I was tightening the grub screw. I put a new joint on the driveshaft and it has jammed at an angle, and won't budge. I'm feeling less and less for this car every day. I found that standard Spec R driveshafts fit the front, so I might just fit those and leave the double jointed ones off. It's a pity my 12 year old loves driving his or I'd just sell both if them.
__________________
32819toon
Yokomo BD7 RS, Modified Spec-R S1, Schumacher GT12, Tamiya M03, M05, M01, M03RWD, MF01-X, BSR M-Rage, ABC Gambado, Associated TC4.
32819toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 06:32 PM   #830
Tech Elite
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 2,903
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Can someone do me a favor and measure the thickness of the rear bone blade (310338)? Is it for a 2.0mm pin also? Looking to use it on a project for my DEX410 outdrives. Thank you!
__________________
Team Durango DEX410 w/3 Diffs ;) Tekin/Team Scream
Team Durango DEX410v5.2

www.rchr.biz------www.Wolcotthobby.com
Bman's 3XNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 01:00 PM   #831
Tech Addict
 
32819toon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of England
Posts: 570
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Just found that the Durango driveshafts and blades are narrower than Spec R (probably Xray as well). I've managed to free up the jammed joint, and will persevere with building the driveshaft unit. The pin and grub screw are a very tight fit though. Bman, this may be useful info for you.
__________________
32819toon
Yokomo BD7 RS, Modified Spec-R S1, Schumacher GT12, Tamiya M03, M05, M01, M03RWD, MF01-X, BSR M-Rage, ABC Gambado, Associated TC4.
32819toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 06:14 AM   #832
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: montreal canada
Posts: 44
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

quick question just got a used DETC410 and i am missing the battery mount tdr320179

but seems to be back order everywhere. is there a compatible part for it ?

thx for your help
dodgeboy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 07:08 AM   #833
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hanford, California
Posts: 401
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Amazon has one left in stock look up part number td320179

Drop the R you get different results
RBraswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 07:37 AM   #834
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: montreal canada
Posts: 44
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

ouch 26$ shipped

trying to find a compatible part
dodgeboy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:11 AM   #835
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Winthrop harbor
Posts: 2,292
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT View Post
Can someone do me a favor and measure the thickness of the rear bone blade (310338)? Is it for a 2.0mm pin also? Looking to use it on a project for my DEX410 outdrives. Thank you!
They are 3.5mm wide, similar to a TC6 blade
__________________
Team Novak,Gravity RC,
ercwhtsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:17 AM   #836
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Winthrop harbor
Posts: 2,292
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32819toon View Post
Anyone have reliability issues ?
I bought 2 DETC410 cars. I built one for my 11 year old son which he now races and loves driving. However, in his first practice (not even a race) he broke a front CVD joint, it split in half. On his second outing, he broke a driveshaft axle. The nipple bit which joins into the driveshaft actually sheared off. Third time out he broke a plastic outdrive. Three outings - three breakages. Not what I expect from a so called top end car. I've emailed Durango twice and had no reply, so much for customer service. I've not even built my car yet, it's been a spares donor for my son's car.

I believe that the problem might be the spool. I had similar issues with our last touring car. We went through loads of driveshaft joints until I installed a gear diff up front. We race on a tight technical track, and I think it's too much for a spool to handle.

I've bough a gear diff and steel outdrives for both Durango's so hopefully this will sort out the problems.

Not happy with the customer service at Durango though. I feel like selling both cars and buying another brand.
Try this number for Hobby Services in the US 217-398-8970

Yes, running the Gear Diff up front will also help with some breakage as well as using an XRay front bumper #301223. We also have used the Parma Ultimate Bumper for the TC5, but it has now been discontinued.

I have only broken 1 axle up front as you have after an extremely hard hit to a board on an outside track using 2x4 boards. Assembly of the DJoint can and is tricky because of the tight fit, and have found if there is any damage to the shaft side of the assembly it can bind or become "stuck" as you mentioned.
__________________
Team Novak,Gravity RC,
ercwhtsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:28 AM   #837
Tech Elite
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 2,903
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32819toon View Post
Just found that the Durango driveshafts and blades are narrower than Spec R (probably Xray as well). I've managed to free up the jammed joint, and will persevere with building the driveshaft unit. The pin and grub screw are a very tight fit though. Bman, this may be useful info for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ercwhtsd View Post
They are 3.5mm wide, similar to a TC6 blade
Thank you!! What about the pin size it fits over. 2.0mm? Thanks again.
__________________
Team Durango DEX410 w/3 Diffs ;) Tekin/Team Scream
Team Durango DEX410v5.2

www.rchr.biz------www.Wolcotthobby.com
Bman's 3XNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 07:57 PM   #838
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: montreal canada
Posts: 44
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeboy8888 View Post
quick question just got a used DETC410 and i am missing the battery mount tdr320179

but seems to be back order everywhere. is there a compatible part for it ?

thx for your help
nobody ?
dodgeboy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:51 AM   #839
ekt
Tech Master
 
ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Burnie, Australia
Posts: 1,223
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT View Post
Thank you!! What about the pin size it fits over. 2.0mm? Thanks again.
2mm for the pin.
__________________
Leo Lorenzen
Team Durango Australia - www.team-durango.com
Pro-Line Australia - GForce Australia - Fantom Australia - Hearns Hobbies

www.durangofansite.com
ekt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:34 AM   #840
Tech Elite
 
Bman's 3XNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 2,903
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekt View Post
2mm for the pin.
Thank you!
__________________
Team Durango DEX410 w/3 Diffs ;) Tekin/Team Scream
Team Durango DEX410v5.2

www.rchr.biz------www.Wolcotthobby.com
Bman's 3XNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:26 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0