R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-27-2014, 05:01 AM   #451
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer034life View Post
Has anyone tried yokomo springs on the car yet? If so how did the car feel and what did or didnt it do. Also i was looking to replace some of the screws and turnbuckles with a titanium set, is it really need?.
Screws seem fine, the aluminum camber link turnbuckles are fine no bends so far , but i wouldnt waste your time using the steering linkage turnbuckles, will bend in no time. The yoke springs feel great on the car car didnt lack anything, kinda felt like the durango 2 dot springs which r durango's soft spring
rosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:16 AM   #452
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Has anyone tried yokomo springs on the car yet? If so how did the car feel and what did or didnt it do. Also i was looking to replace some of the screws and turnbuckles with a titanium set, is it really need?.
I will be using the kit with my Yokomo spring set, haven't gotten the kit yet though
1990s Futaba FXT stadium racer - Mint condition!
And a bunch of other RC kits for me and my kids...yeah...my kids...
Cadman1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:16 PM   #453
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
The screws arent really needed, and i havent bent either steering link. I had no intention of replacing the camber links, but i bent 2 links on very hard hits, so i now have the 28mm steel links from Durango on the car.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:31 AM   #454
Tech Initiate

Hi all,
Hope everyone is happy with their new DETC410 touring cars! We have all put a lot of effort into the project and hope you are all satisfied with the results on the track

I will be travelling to the USA on Monday for the Pre-Worlds at Full Throttle Raceway, Kissimmee, so if anyone would like to have a chat about the car, ask any questions or just generally have a chat, feel free to come over and say hi!

See you trackside soon
Elliott
Old 03-28-2014, 11:33 AM   #455
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Couple questions...

1. Is servo tape under the servo necessary, is there a + or - effect with or without it?

2. The belt tensioner on the upper deck. Are the bearings supposed to be touching the belt, or is there supposed to be a gap? Set all the way up there is about a 2mm gap...

This is my first higher end TC, just want to be sure I'm doing things correctly. Thanks for any help
porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:58 AM   #456
Tech Initiate

1. Is servo tape under the servo necessary, is there a + or - effect with or without it?

2. The belt tensioner on the upper deck. Are the bearings supposed to be touching the belt, or is there supposed to be a gap? Set all the way up there is about a 2mm gap...

1. We recommend servo tape to ensure the servo does not move incase of any knocks or bumps. I have personally used servo tape on all cars I have run as I feel it makes the servo more secure and ensures the trim never changes. Hence we recommend using tape on the DETC410 too

2. I would advise to use the tensioner with the bearings just touching or just a little off the belt ~0.1mm. At high rpm, the front belt can vibrate due to its length, and the tensioner is used to prevent this vertical vibration.
Old 03-28-2014, 01:07 PM   #457
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Thank you Elliott! Pretty awesome to get answers like that straight from a factory driver and designer of the car
porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:52 AM   #458
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

I had some tamiya 418 suspension and decided to see if it fits, and it is a perfect fit, same size pins, and spacing, curious to see how it will handle with the 418 suspension, I know the trf shocks fit, hopfully will have enough time to try it back to back, I also have a second car for sale, in the for sale section, if anyone is interested.
zaraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:54 PM   #459
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So who had which touring car before getting this car? I sold my Yokomo BD7 2014 because it needed too much bench work between heats to keep it consistent, but damn, when it was good, it was great!

I was considering the TC6.2, but ordered the DETC410 instead because out of the box, it seems to have everything needed to tune it. From what i read, the shocks look like they dont need rebuilding and are solid, and i wont need different types of hubs and stuff, the car has all the parts for tuning, i can't wait to get the kit!
1990s Futaba FXT stadium racer - Mint condition!
And a bunch of other RC kits for me and my kids...yeah...my kids...

Last edited by Cadman1981; 03-29-2014 at 06:30 PM.
Cadman1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:02 PM   #460
Tech Rookie

kyosho tf6 sp2 before, so it was time for something new. Much easier to get the durango work...
loomumbaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:36 PM   #461
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

I run an awesomatix, got the detc410 to run outdoor this summer season to check it out, so you never know if it is all that I may just have to off the awesomatix.
jeff jenkins sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:48 AM   #462
DZ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi All,

Just finished building my DCTE410. I will be racing 13.5 blinky

Can't wait to hit the track

Cheers
Dz
Attached Thumbnails
Team Durango DETC410-dz-td.jpg  
DZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:52 AM   #463
Tech Apprentice

I had a BD7 and got myself a VBC D06. I had my newly built DETC410 on the track for the first time yesterday. It was setup on low traction. It felt good from the word go in the 17.5 boosted class. I was in the lead for both the first and second quallys, bit two silly tumbles cost me TQ. After 3 rounds I qualified 4th.
I managed a 2nd in the first final and took the second one. The car felt great after only to setup changes. Will keep you guys posted after next weekends race meeting.
Gerrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:34 PM   #464
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Not that I look at every TC manual that is produced, but I have to say it is a great thing for TD to put out more than just one "baseline" set up to run with. More companies should do this.