Like Tree4Likes

Team Durango DETC410

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PurcyP
christ sake honestly they just need to release the damn thing
I agree...no one cares anymore as this has been drug out way to long.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Elliot is in the US...he was at my local carpet track testing the car with Hobbico Rep Scott C. today. After seeing this car first hand the quality of the car is right there and maybe even better than most. They said the car should be out in January they were running production cars and Elliot is a hell of a driver even with a stick radio. If the price on Tower is accurate this will be a great car for under 400 dollars. Yes the crazy internet police work and lack of pictures is crazy but it is what it is....the car looks good and performs well from what I have seen.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kevin K
....Elliot is a hell of a driver even with a stick radio....
Only an American would think that is important
The first half of that sentence is the important bit
Old 12-18-2013, 02:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Only an American would think that is important
The first half of that sentence is the important bit
Yes...lol....Elliot got a quick introduction in the way of the fat lazy american life style with Drive up ATM's and run to a US Supersized McDonalds... Just keep him away from Dunkin Donuts....or bribe him with some.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I had a chance to overlook the DETC410 while visiting Hobbico not too long ago and I was very impressed with how the car looks. I am mostly an off road guy, but I am really looking forward to the release of this car and give TC a try again after being away from that for almost 15 years!
Old 12-18-2013, 06:15 AM
Tech Regular

fail to see the hype though, it will stand out a mile because of the gold coloured anodizing but i somehow dont think durango will forward the TC game any further forward.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PurcyP
fail to see the hype though, it will stand out a mile because of the gold coloured anodizing but i somehow dont think durango will forward the TC game any further forward.
Be positive, Team Durango wants a peice of the touring car market. Only a few select companies are making "innovations" in the touring car market like Awesomatix and Schumacher. But those are fairly low volume and harder for the average Joe to setup. Hobbico / TD, would benefit most from and easy to setup car that looks the business at a reasonable price... When the xxx-s and a TC4 club racer in the right hands can beat people with a $400+ sedan. I think it boils down to a driver that puts in the time and can setup a car
Old 12-18-2013, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

With Durango really stepping it up from their roots of true 1/8 racing their team of engineers just need to do a little gear switching from off road to on road! Not too hard to do but hard to do perfect. The thing I hate about Durango is their odd ball sizes. Such as the thin hex 15mm and the differential screws what 1.3mm?! Almost as ridiculous as some kits that are a mix of SAE and metric!!

Tamiya is a perfect example great on road and off road r/c's.....many of which share the same parts!
Old 12-18-2013, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TAMAK
Be positive, Team Durango wants a peice of the touring car market. Only a few select companies are making "innovations" in the touring car market like Awesomatix and Schumacher. But those are fairly low volume and harder for the average Joe to setup. Hobbico / TD, would benefit most from and easy to setup car that looks the business at a reasonable price... When the xxx-s and a TC4 club racer in the right hands can beat people with a $400+ sedan. I think it boils down to a driver that puts in the time and can setup a car
+1
Old 12-18-2013, 12:06 PM
Tech Champion

It does not matter what Team Durango wants at this point, because their belt design has already been made better by Yokomo, Tamiya, Xray , Serpent,etc....... Even the tc4 is more unique than their cars nowadays...lol..... My tc4.1 will beat it down on any given Sunday....The Brits lost that war! Tee anyone??? Dunkin Donuts coffee ????...
Originally Posted by TAMAK
Old 12-18-2013, 12:42 PM
Tech Regular

If you are going to slag us British off, can you at least learn to type and speak The Kings English.

n*b
Old 12-18-2013, 12:46 PM
Tech Champion

Talking

You got to learn when you lose, you don't make the rules !!!
Old 12-18-2013, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

Well as Elliott is in your neck of the woods, I suggest you find him and "beat him down" this Sunday.
I think I know who'll "win that war"; hint, it's not you.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Elliot is in the US...he was at my local carpet track testing the car with Hobbico Rep Scott C. today. After seeing this car first hand the quality of the car is right there and maybe even better than most. They said the car should be out in January they were running production cars and Elliot is a hell of a driver even with a stick radio. If the price on Tower is accurate this will be a great car for under 400 dollars. Yes the crazy internet police work and lack of pictures is crazy but it is what it is....the car looks good and performs well from what I have seen.
Just wanted to add... Elliot was in the US driving the new car and you couldn't sneak a photo with your iPhone/Android/WindowsPhone to post and share to the forum?... tsk tsk tsk...
Old 12-18-2013, 01:27 PM
Tech Champion

Lots of illegals in the US for sure....lol...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.