R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-17-2013, 07:57 AM   #241
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurcyP View Post
christ sake honestly they just need to release the damn thing
I agree...no one cares anymore as this has been drug out way to long.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:12 AM   #242
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Elliot is in the US...he was at my local carpet track testing the car with Hobbico Rep Scott C. today. After seeing this car first hand the quality of the car is right there and maybe even better than most. They said the car should be out in January they were running production cars and Elliot is a hell of a driver even with a stick radio. If the price on Tower is accurate this will be a great car for under 400 dollars. Yes the crazy internet police work and lack of pictures is crazy but it is what it is....the car looks good and performs well from what I have seen.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:13 AM   #243
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
....Elliot is a hell of a driver even with a stick radio....
Only an American would think that is important
The first half of that sentence is the important bit
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:25 AM   #244
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Only an American would think that is important
The first half of that sentence is the important bit
Yes...lol....Elliot got a quick introduction in the way of the fat lazy american life style with Drive up ATM's and run to a US Supersized McDonalds... Just keep him away from Dunkin Donuts....or bribe him with some.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:12 AM   #245
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I had a chance to overlook the DETC410 while visiting Hobbico not too long ago and I was very impressed with how the car looks. I am mostly an off road guy, but I am really looking forward to the release of this car and give TC a try again after being away from that for almost 15 years!
ehartman_49348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:15 AM   #246
Tech Regular

fail to see the hype though, it will stand out a mile because of the gold coloured anodizing but i somehow dont think durango will forward the TC game any further forward.
PurcyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:28 AM   #247
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurcyP View Post
fail to see the hype though, it will stand out a mile because of the gold coloured anodizing but i somehow dont think durango will forward the TC game any further forward.
Be positive, Team Durango wants a peice of the touring car market. Only a few select companies are making "innovations" in the touring car market like Awesomatix and Schumacher. But those are fairly low volume and harder for the average Joe to setup. Hobbico / TD, would benefit most from and easy to setup car that looks the business at a reasonable price... When the xxx-s and a TC4 club racer in the right hands can beat people with a $400+ sedan. I think it boils down to a driver that puts in the time and can setup a car
DNX408V2-NovaP5, DETC410-Reventon 1.1ex-5.5t MMM
RC10 , RC10GT2- CV-R- SAVOX,
TAMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:44 AM   #248
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

With Durango really stepping it up from their roots of true 1/8 racing their team of engineers just need to do a little gear switching from off road to on road! Not too hard to do but hard to do perfect. The thing I hate about Durango is their odd ball sizes. Such as the thin hex 15mm and the differential screws what 1.3mm?! Almost as ridiculous as some kits that are a mix of SAE and metric!!

Tamiya is a perfect example great on road and off road r/c's.....many of which share the same parts!
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #249
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMAK View Post
Be positive, Team Durango wants a peice of the touring car market. Only a few select companies are making "innovations" in the touring car market like Awesomatix and Schumacher. But those are fairly low volume and harder for the average Joe to setup. Hobbico / TD, would benefit most from and easy to setup car that looks the business at a reasonable price... When the xxx-s and a TC4 club racer in the right hands can beat people with a $400+ sedan. I think it boils down to a driver that puts in the time and can setup a car
+1
Durango DEST210R, XRAY XB4 2014, Vaterra Slick Rock, Durango DEX210, SpeedMerchant REV4, HB TCX, Traxxas EMaxx, HPI RS4 Pro, Tamiya TA02, Yokomo YZ10, Associated RC10 Team Car, Bolink Eliminator 10, Kyosho Optima, Tamiya HotShot, Tamiya Grasshopper
theclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #250
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It does not matter what Team Durango wants at this point, because their belt design has already been made better by Yokomo, Tamiya, Xray , Serpent,etc....... Even the tc4 is more unique than their cars nowadays...lol..... My tc4.1 will beat it down on any given Sunday....The Brits lost that war! Tee anyone??? Dunkin Donuts coffee ????...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMAK View Post
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #251
Tech Regular

If you are going to slag us British off, can you at least learn to type and speak The Kings English.

n*b
PurcyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #252
Tech Champion

Talking

You got to learn when you lose, you don't make the rules !!!
Old 12-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #253
Tech Regular

Well as Elliott is in your neck of the woods, I suggest you find him and "beat him down" this Sunday.
I think I know who'll "win that war"; hint, it's not you.
cyclonetog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #254
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
Elliot is in the US...he was at my local carpet track testing the car with Hobbico Rep Scott C. today. After seeing this car first hand the quality of the car is right there and maybe even better than most. They said the car should be out in January they were running production cars and Elliot is a hell of a driver even with a stick radio. If the price on Tower is accurate this will be a great car for under 400 dollars. Yes the crazy internet police work and lack of pictures is crazy but it is what it is....the car looks good and performs well from what I have seen.
Just wanted to add... Elliot was in the US driving the new car and you couldn't sneak a photo with your iPhone/Android/WindowsPhone to post and share to the forum?... tsk tsk tsk...
Durango DEST210R, XRAY XB4 2014, Vaterra Slick Rock, Durango DEX210, SpeedMerchant REV4, HB TCX, Traxxas EMaxx, HPI RS4 Pro, Tamiya TA02, Yokomo YZ10, Associated RC10 Team Car, Bolink Eliminator 10, Kyosho Optima, Tamiya HotShot, Tamiya Grasshopper
theclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #255
Tech Champion

Lots of illegals in the US for sure....lol...