Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

what the hell did i just read.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
Wow, I didn't know that former Touring Car World Champion Andy Moore was a Tier 2 driver!?! Damn! I guess Masami is Tier 3 because he never won a Touring World Championship...
Master Masami is... and always will be the best...He's my idol... Can't mess with Masami... He was like the Michael Jordan of RC!

Although Andy Moore was a TC World Champ, that seems like 10 years ago and he wouldn't be in your top five dream team if you wanted to put one together.

Originally Posted by Odin544
I'm even a Durango hater and I wouldn't call Harper a "tier 2" driver. If you want to claim he's only done as well as he has because others weren't on their game then that's fine. That would be a pretty lame excuse but whatever. Maybe those drivers who aren't on their game when they go to a big race shouldn't be considered "tier 1" drivers? WTH is a "tier 1" driver anyhow? Someone who can make it into the A-main at a worlds? Guess Harper fits the bill.
By my definition of Tier 1, if I were to put together my top 5 (or so) TC drivers, he wouldn't make the cut - not that he's "bad", he's darn good, but not as good as the top 5 IMO who always seem to be grouped together in the large TC races.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclonetog
Yokomo released an edition of the BD with his name on it.
Too bad it wasn't as good as the Tommy Kramer Edition SD.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

This thread has been nothing but a load of post harping on Elliot. Such BS, he's earned his wins and worlds finishes.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theclutch
Who the hell is Chris Grainger? What car does he drive? No disrespect to him since he can probably also drive circles around us.
He was one of the A finalists at the last ISTC Worlds, finishing ahead of Marc Reinard, Lemieux, Hackberg, and all the US drivers.

I presume you won't have a clue who David Spashett is either.

He may not be a "normal guy", but he's certainly not even close to being a household name....errr hobby shop name like Hara, Groskamp, Rheinhard, Volker, etc...
He is in Europe, but then Schumacher doesn't have the same amount of budget to throw at sending their drivers all around the world, nor do they employ full time drivers. Considering the small size of the team and lack of budget compared to the big names, just getting in a Worlds A final is even more impressive.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:44 PM
Tech Champion

Chris is a fast guy, Worlds Amain for sure !!!
Old 10-23-2013, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by terry.sc
He was one of the A finalists at the last ISTC Worlds, finishing ahead of Marc Reinard, Lemieux, Hackberg, and all the US drivers.

I presume you won't have a clue who David Spashett is either.

He is in Europe, but then Schumacher doesn't have the same amount of budget to throw at sending their drivers all around the world, nor do they employ full time drivers. Considering the small size of the team and lack of budget compared to the big names, just getting in a Worlds A final is even more impressive.

Whos Spashett? i heard he is good with 12th cars

Also i thought Chris was hired by schumacher as a factory driver as he has been developing their cars for years now ever since leaving yokomo
Old 10-23-2013, 02:10 PM
Tech Addict

Chris does still do a full time job as well as racing.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:22 PM
Tech Champion

Micheal Jordan or Bruce Lee ??? Come on guys !!! Or maybe Muhammad Ali ??? Not a good comparison at all !!!!!
Originally Posted by theclutch
Master Masami is... and always will be the best...He's my idol... Can't mess with Masami... He was like the Michael Jordan of RC!

Although Andy Moore was a TC World Champ, that seems like 10 years ago and he wouldn't be in your top five dream team if you wanted to put one together.

By my definition of Tier 1, if I were to put together my top 5 (or so) TC drivers, he wouldn't make the cut - not that he's "bad", he's darn good, but not as good as the top 5 IMO who always seem to be grouped together in the large TC races.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:38 AM
Tech Regular

This has turned into a very strange thread... I really do think that Durango need to publish a date when their touring car will come out as they seem to have lost momentum in the enthusiasm for this car?? There are people actually questioning IF the car will even hit the shelves which I can understand as most manufacturers go from showing off their car in a competitive environment to it hitting the shelves relatively quickly.

I know this is Durango's first touring car and they want to get it right but I really hope that they get a rough date out there soon.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:23 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scoyle
This has turned into a very strange thread... I really do think that Durango need to publish a date when their touring car will come out as they seem to have lost momentum in the enthusiasm for this car?? There are people actually questioning IF the car will even hit the shelves which I can understand as most manufacturers go from showing off their car in a competitive environment to it hitting the shelves relatively quickly.

I know this is Durango's first touring car and they want to get it right but I really hope that they get a rough date out there soon.
+1. They need a release date and they need it now as well as all the marketing and promo crap that goes along with it. I bought Spec-r's and will have them for another 18 months. If i knew the Hobao was coming out i would have waited a little and bought those or the Durango. They have pretty much missed the boat with a lot of guys who race just club and do not upgrade their gear every 6 months.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:57 AM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDFXS&P=7 Is good enough for me
Old 10-24-2013, 02:59 AM
Tech Regular

The car is on its way don't worry about that.
Why would they announce a release date when the car isn't ready for it yet? They've had a couple of little problems that obviously need sorting before the final production version is released.
I just think it's a good indication that the car will be right as soon as it's out.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cyclonetog
The car is on its way don't worry about that.
Why would they announce a release date when the car isn't ready for it yet? They've had a couple of little problems that obviously need sorting before the final production version is released.
I just think it's a good indication that the car will be right as soon as it's out.
How's it going mate...

Have you heard a date yet - I think even if they said something like Feb or whatever it would build the excitement a bit more as I think it has lulled a bit of late? Agree they are sorting the issues and want it to be perfect... you going that direction LOL
Old 10-24-2013, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

Tried to get a date out of Elliott and Ben but they were quite coy about it really.

I think it'd be hard for everybody who's seen it this year not to be interested in trying one, but it's not currently on my agenda...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.