R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #166
Tech Addict
 
chasingthepack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: hanworth uk
Posts: 728
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jampot View Post
Only modified class had them in, I appreciate you've seen no images yet, and in all fairness looks no different to the standard style tc...... It's the small things that make it very good and different.
a car is only as good as the person who sets it up,average joes will always struggle with set ups,i bet most drivers would do well driving a pro's car that has been properly set up
whats your name? i want to look at your results from aldershot sunday,or how did you get on?
__________________
yokomo bd7 16_lrp works team-trinity d4 17.5_futaba 4pks_futaba bls
wet/damp car xray t4-14-r10 pro-team wave 17.5 savox 1251
chasingthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:26 AM   #167
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingthepack View Post
a car is only as good as the person who sets it up,average joes will always struggle with set ups,i bet most drivers would do well driving a pro's car that has been properly set up
whats your name? i want to look at your results from aldershot sunday,or how did you get on?
But there's a difference between cars that are good out of the box and those that require people to forever fiddle with setup changes.

I went faster straight away with the T4 (though I know a few people who didn't like it and changed cars), hopefully the T4'14 will be the same. Elliott has always looked competitive, but this year the Durango has been pretty dominant at the events he's entered. We'll have to wait and see if mortals can improve with it as well
__________________
Xray T4'16, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2016
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #168
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingthepack View Post
a car is only as good as the person who sets it up,average joes will always struggle with set ups,i bet most drivers would do well driving a pro's car that has been properly set up
whats your name? i want to look at your results from aldershot sunday,or how did you get on?
I only made the b final this weekend, not great compared to ur standards I know but from the xray forum dispute I did look u up.
Jampot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:31 AM   #169
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 318
Default

Handbags at 50 paces girls lol
Smartypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #170
Tech Elite
 
Rick Vessell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Mars
Posts: 2,239
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartypants View Post
Handbags at 50 paces girls lol
__________________
Futaba, O.S. Engines, Tornado Fuel, Schumacher Racing, SpeedPassion USA, Eggroll Inc., Desoto Racing, Vesselli Racing
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #171
Tech Addict
 
chasingthepack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: hanworth uk
Posts: 728
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jampot View Post
I only made the b final this weekend, not great compared to ur standards I know but from the xray forum dispute I did look u up.
i wasnt being funny,i would just like to know what sort of driver you are to see if a change of car would make you any faster
__________________
yokomo bd7 16_lrp works team-trinity d4 17.5_futaba 4pks_futaba bls
wet/damp car xray t4-14-r10 pro-team wave 17.5 savox 1251
chasingthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #172
Tech Addict
 
chasingthepack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: hanworth uk
Posts: 728
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
But there's a difference between cars that are good out of the box and those that require people to forever fiddle with setup changes.

I went faster straight away with the T4 (though I know a few people who didn't like it and changed cars), hopefully the T4'14 will be the same. Elliott has always looked competitive, but this year the Durango has been pretty dominant at the events he's entered. We'll have to wait and see if mortals can improve with it as well
are you looking to change? dont you think the t4 comes with a very good base set up which seems to work at most tracks,probably one of the best out of the box,there was no chance of me getting the tc6 as fast,as much as i tried,alot of my recent set up came from jay westwood(cheers jay) ive had a day to test and finally i have a car thats capable of keeping up with the top 3,i found 2 tenths in the just the gearing
__________________
yokomo bd7 16_lrp works team-trinity d4 17.5_futaba 4pks_futaba bls
wet/damp car xray t4-14-r10 pro-team wave 17.5 savox 1251
chasingthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #173
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingthepack View Post
i wasnt being funny,i would just like to know what sort of driver you are to see if a change of car would make you any faster
U was attempting to prove something,

I have tried most cars on the marked and am amazed at the actual handeling differences despite them (not all ) looking the same. U need to find the car that suits u and ur driving style. Will the Durango make me go faster???? Who knows but I will be buying and trying one. From what I've seen of other thumbs (not elliotts) and the car, I honestly think it will be good. Like the t4 when people just built, raced and improved with nothing more than just the car.
Jampot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #174
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: England
Posts: 417
Send a message via MSN to Bigger Brother
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
How did it do in 17.5 stock. That's a true chassis test IMHO.
Oddly, this was a discussion a few of us (from different teams!) were having in the bar on Saturday night. We concluded that the reason so many cars seem to do well and be popular in the US is because of the popularity of the 17.5 class and small, high-traction tracks. The combination of low speed and high grip can make many cars feel "dialled".

It's not until you put some power into the car (ie modified motors) and run on a larger, non-high bite tarmac circuit that you properly test the car and find out the weaknesses.
__________________
Oli Meggitt | London, UK
.:. Essex Winter Series .:. CML Racing .:. ToniSport .:. Zen Racing .:. Moorespeed RC .:. OTM Racing .:. RC Racing TV .:. RIDE R/C Scoreboards
Bigger Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #175
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,046
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigger Brother View Post
Oddly, this was a discussion a few of us (from different teams!) were having in the bar on Saturday night. We concluded that the reason so many cars seem to do well and be popular in the US is because of the popularity of the 17.5 class and small, high-traction tracks. The combination of low speed and high grip can make many cars feel "dialled".

It's not until you put some power into the car (ie modified motors) and run on a larger, non-high bite tarmac circuit that you properly test the car and find out the weaknesses.
The opposite can also be true. The Yokomo seems like it's good in mod, but it's been worthless in the stock classes 'round here. You'll get a few mixers who swear by it, but anybody good that's run it is slower.

Corner speed is king, especially when you don't have the motor and space to make up for scrubbing off speed in the corners.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:07 PM   #176
Tech Addict
 
chasingthepack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: hanworth uk
Posts: 728
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
The opposite can also be true. The Yokomo seems like it's good in mod, but it's been worthless in the stock classes 'round here. You'll get a few mixers who swear by it, but anybody good that's run it is slower.

Corner speed is king, especially when you don't have the motor and space to make up for scrubbing off speed in the corners.
well a bd7 won the 17.5 class against alot of t4's in the brca national last weekend,dominic skinner has his bd7 very dialled in
__________________
yokomo bd7 16_lrp works team-trinity d4 17.5_futaba 4pks_futaba bls
wet/damp car xray t4-14-r10 pro-team wave 17.5 savox 1251
chasingthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #177
Tech Elite
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
The opposite can also be true. The Yokomo seems like it's good in mod, but it's been worthless in the stock classes 'round here. You'll get a few mixers who swear by it, but anybody good that's run it is slower.

Corner speed is king, especially when you don't have the motor and space to make up for scrubbing off speed in the corners.
The Yokomo is doing pretty well in spec and mod here in SoCal. I'll wager that it has been the most consistent all around car here. I haven't seen enough Awesomatix cars around here to judge whether it's fast or not.


I'm anxious to see the Durango on the track and see if they improved on the Yokomo. Same goes for the Tamiya 418.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:14 AM   #178
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingthepack View Post
well a bd7 won the 17.5 class against alot of t4's in the brca national last weekend,dominic skinner has his bd7 very dialled in
There is no 17.5 class in the brca nationals ?
Smartypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:31 AM   #179
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartypants View Post
There is no 17.5 class in the brca nationals ?
Yes there is the BRCA Clubmans Championship
__________________
XRAY T4 Hobbywing V3 Sanwa
FLAT OUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:19 PM   #180
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Default

still hiding the design ? looks like T4 2014 pictures on the net with ordinary (high) shock towers ...
I bet their secret is the CF they've used on the chassis and top deck
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:03 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0