Wiki Posts
Search

Best Hauler Bag? (for onroad)

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2002, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Best Hauler Bag? (for onroad)

I am looking for a hauler bag(s) to transport my stuff. I normally bring the following to the track:

-turbo 35+millenuim+pitbull power supply
-Two cars (sedans or sedan and 12th scale)
-M8
-5 or so electric motors, and 6 batteries
-comm lathe (in box)
-pit towel
and my spare parts and tools I have a tool box for.
-and then starter box and small gel cell for nitro sedan racing
but currently i am using multiple travel bags and its a real pain. Could anyone suggest which bag is the best and would fit the demensions of the items (since i looked at some boxes, the losi in particular and it didnt look like it would fit some of these items).

any suggestions would be great, thanks!
Old 08-11-2002, 05:19 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I use the Trinity Monster Hauler bag to bring my stuff. It comes with 3 of those nice storage boxes that all fit inside of it. I store a Turbo 35, the lathe and some misc. stuff in one box, the second Turbo 35 and my power supply in a second box, and then tires, batteries and motors in the third box. The thing has wheels and a handle which can be nice, and I just sit the cars themselves on top of it. Then I have all of my tools in a toolbox, so I basically just need the Trinity bag, the toolbox, and the car(s).
Old 08-11-2002, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I agree, I've had Trinity's bag for a couple of years now & I've been pretty pleased with it. The only thing that I've had any trouble with is the plastic zipper, but it's still useable.....
Old 08-11-2002, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'm currently using two large Rubbernaid boxes... you've seen these at places like WalMart or Target, they look like real big Tupperwares.

One of them holds my power supplies, chargers, tire truer, dischargers, basically all my support electronic items. The other holds my box of spares for the car I'm racing and the car itself, plus a body or two and my transmitter.

I keep all my tools and chemicals in a large Plano tackle box.

All three boxes fit just right on a small folding luggage hand truck I got a home depot.

This is easily the most effective hauling system i've come up with to date. No way all the stuff I bring to the track would fit in a Trinity hauler bag (or anyone else's for that matter)

Trips
Old 08-11-2002, 08:17 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I use a Plano Tool box, 1 divided top compartment, 2 sliding drawers, 2 pull out compartments. The top i keep all my shock oils, traction compound, battery equalizers, paperwork, ect.

The first drawer i keep all my main tools.

The second drawer i keep oddball tools & equip.

The top pull out compartment is all spare parts. It has enough room for litterally 2 spare losi cars ( minus the main chassis obviously ).

The bottom pull out comparment is all motor stuff, spare servo & receiver, and some misc motor tools.

I also have a 73 Qt rubbermaid container to haul the T-35, and power supply, lathe, tires, ect, which are all held in smaller ( forget the size ) rubbermaid containers. I also have enough room to put my huge mother of a Lynx 3D in there, plus soldering iron, and misc stuff... sometimes including computer speakers.

The only thing, is if you have to carry both toolboxes a long distance, it sucks! It's best to have, or find a dolly, stock the toolbox on the rubbermaid container, and wheel it in.

-Troy
Old 08-11-2002, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Well, I have the Trinity Monster Moblie Hauler bag, and I HATE the zipper. It's sad that a $65 hauler bag has such a poor quality.

Now my racing partner just got the new Losi 4 box hauler bag. It doesn't have wheels, but the quality it WAY higher than the Trinity and there's a ton of room in the 4 boxes. Also, 2 of the boxes are big enough for off road cars in case you run off road also. I was inpressed. Oh, and the boxes have a plastic coating on them too as opposed to the Trintiy which are just cardboard.
Old 08-11-2002, 10:09 PM
Tech Master

I have a metal briefcase that holds my T35 and 3D. A GM hauler bag for spare parts, tires, and other misc stuff. A rolling tool box for my tools (of course), Millenium Pro, motor case, power supply, lathe, batteries, and all my liquid stuff.
Old 08-11-2002, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've got a Losi box, and a Trinity Monster Hauler thing. In 2 of the Trinity boxes, I've got cars, in the third I've got all my sedan tires and traction compounds.

In the Losi box:
Box 1- Turbo35, Millenium, Bulldog power supply, soldering iron, solder, pit towels.

Box2- 5 batteries, about 18 motors, comm lathe, all my different brushes and motor springs, transmitter, transmitter charger.

Box3- Tools, car stand, various glues and lubes, parts trays, and some micellanious stuff.

Box4- Parts for both my XRays, and my XXXT, also my Hudy setup equipment, and my RPM camber & toe gauge.

I've tried different duffle bags, different tool boxes, tackle boxes, etc... The seems to work okay for now, but I do want to find a better solution. I'd be very happy if the Losi box had wheels, but it doesn't and it sucks hauling an 80lb. bag from my car to the track, or from my house to my car.
Old 08-12-2002, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Look at the Associated Hauler Bag. Three LARGE Boxes, the bag itself is very durable, and thicker than the competitions offerings. The entire bag fits over an outer box than enables the entire unit to maintain its form. Ignore the picture of the bag you see there, the current model is all black with an AE emblem on each side. Check it out for yourself, here is the link for the hauler bag:

http://www.rc10.com/feedbackresult/forms/gearcc.htm

Fred Hubbard

Last edited by Fred Hubbard; 08-12-2002 at 09:38 AM.
Old 08-12-2002, 01:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Go to Home Depot and get a stanley rolling tool box. 2 versions are available steel heavyduty version and a highimpact plastic version. both case seperate into 2 cases.. whick makes it easier to place into cars. I can carry everything in one box.
Old 08-12-2002, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Fhubbard, how's the zipper on the AE bag? Any better than the one on Trinity's?
Old 08-12-2002, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Night and day. The zipper doesn't blow out like the one from Trinity.

Fred Hubbard
Old 08-12-2002, 07:47 PM
Tech Regular

my setup for hauling:

In tupperware style boxes, 30 gallons

Box 1. 2 Bc112c, Millenium, Power Supply, Power Strip, Soldering Iron and Soldering Station, Comm Lathe, Tire Lathe, Extension Cord.

Box 2. Cars, which is usually a touring car, and an oval car, or a XXXt and XXXNT.

Box 3. Radio [Futaba 3pj, sometimes 3pdf] In an integy Radio Bag, 2 Boxes of batteries, 14 total. atleast 2 sets of tires for each char, spare crystals, recievers, and an extra ESC.

And Finally, the Tool/Motor Box[ Plano Guide Series]. Has all my tire traction, setup sheets, shock oils, motor oils, cutting fluids, dischargers and a pit towel. Second Row has all my tools. 3rd row has more of my tools. 4th and final row has about 10 stock motors, 3 stock motors, 1 chamealeon with 2 arms, all my motor tuning goodies, like springs, brushes, washers, alighnment tools, serrator,etc.

I only take all this to the track during busy weekends.
Old 08-13-2002, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This has been a big delima of mine. I am a neat freak and do not like carring tons of shit to the track. I came up with a pretty cheap and easy system. I have a alum. radio box and a very large duffel bag. I put all the loose stuff in plano boxes and have plenty of room in the side of the bag I carry the tires and cords and other loose stuff. The big problem is that people in general bring way to much to the track. their is no reason to bring 20 motors 20 sets of tires and so on. Do your homework at home and you can leave allot of it their. I really get a kick out of the guys that bring dyno's to the track for club racing. I have just learned to bring what I need and leave the fluff at home.........
Old 08-13-2002, 02:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

kingzj - some guys have spare time at the track to work on motors, or have other r/c stuff to work on and it looks to most everyone else as extra fluff but it's something for us to do after we clean our stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.