Old 08-28-2013, 02:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Looks great. Good job man!
Old 08-29-2013, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I have noob questions again.

I understand front ride height can be adjusted with spacers under front spindles. How to adjust the rear? I thought it was with the roll springs on the sides.

Also the preload on the coil over damper just adjusts the angle between the front and rear pieces of the chassis correct? You always want both pieces to be flat (parallel to ground) with that preload correct?

Also what would be a good ride height/springs/oil/grease for a track like norcal hobbies (I got pit shimizu tires from them soft front and hard rears).

My stupid 21.5 tekins not yet shipped it was out of stock on amain so had to order from Tower so I might just have to practice with a 30% EPA 7.5 motor I put in the car.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

you adjust the rear ride height with the plastic axle spacers the kit should have 3 different pieces you can choose from there oval and fit right into the motor mount.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by theatriks
you adjust the rear ride height with the plastic axle spacers the kit should have 3 different pieces you can choose from there oval and fit right into the motor mount.
Cool thanks and what about the center damper preload and the preload on the roll springs. Is that a tuning option or you just make it touch the links and let it be?
Old 08-29-2013, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
Cool thanks and what about the center damper preload and the preload on the roll springs. Is that a tuning option or you just make it touch the links and let it be?

yes you can definatly use the center shock for adjustments and for the side springs i just let mine touch the side links and just swap out different side springs for different conditions......exotek makes a trick little side spring adjuster you can play with different tension on the side springs.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:50 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

alok, if you're racing this Sunday, you can borrow my Tekin 21.5 for the day. Always nice to see more F1's in the class. Can help get your TRF101 all setup too.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've got a noob question about F1 tires. I know they can last a long time without being changed out if you drive clean and avoid walls, bumps, crashes etc. I usually run on carpet and have had the same tires for quite sometime. They're starting to feel like they are loosing their grip. Do the tires not perform as well over time and you have to replace them because of degradation?
Old 08-29-2013, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Yes. The tires are part of rear suspension since the rear pod has no independent suspension. The rear tires turn conical over time and it affects handling along with the degradation of the material I assume. New tires are stickier but I don't know how long that initial stickiness lasts. If the money wasn't the issue, I would get fresh tires more often but I am not out to get the world championship. So... I keep the same tires until they are noticeably poor in performance.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:45 AM
Tech Addict

neither am I that's kinda why I ask. I've been told F1 tires tend to last forever or pretty damn close. Mine don't seem to be conical or anything they just feel horrible. Is there any way to refresh them and squeeze out a little more life and better traction out of them?
Old 08-29-2013, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TLRrunner
neither am I that's kinda why I ask. I've been told F1 tires tend to last forever or pretty damn close. Mine don't seem to be conical or anything they just feel horrible. Is there any way to refresh them and squeeze out a little more life and better traction out of them?
Clean them with Simple Green. Wipe on Simple Green till you see the dirt/gunk/black stuff come off then wipe dry. Then apply another coat and let air dry. Tire should feel sticky after they are dry.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

I have noob questions again.

I understand front ride height can be adjusted with spacers under front spindles. How to adjust the rear? I thought it was with the roll springs on the sides.

Also the preload on the coil over damper just adjusts the angle between the front and rear pieces of the chassis correct? You always want both pieces to be flat (parallel to ground) with that preload correct?

Also what would be a good ride height/springs/oil/grease for a track like norcal hobbies (I got pit shimizu tires from them soft front and hard rears).

My stupid 21.5 tekins not yet shipped it was out of stock on amain so had to order from Tower so I might just have to practice with a 30% EPA 7.5 motor I put in the car.
You can start off with 5mm ride height all around at Norcal. The center/pitch spring I would adjust so the main chassis lines up with the rear pod. As for the side springs start with them just touching. All of these can be adjusted later to alter the handling to what you want. BTW adjusting the center spring so the main chassis and rear is parallel to the ground isn't always true. i.e. if your ride height ends up lower in the rear and you want the chassis and rear pod to remain straight relative to each other then they will not be parallel to the ground. They will angle up rear to front.

If you have any other questions this Sunday at Norcal look for a Red Bull car. I can help you. I'm sure Dan can help you too. He has the other Red Bull car.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:53 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

And if you get hacked on the track by a Red Bull car, chances are that it is Sydewynder. Hahaha j/k
Old 08-29-2013, 12:53 PM
Tech Addict

I'm getting ready for a series race with a few races taking place on asphalt. what's good starting ride height for asphalt?
Old 08-29-2013, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dan
alok, if you're racing this Sunday, you can borrow my Tekin 21.5 for the day. Always nice to see more F1's in the class. Can help get your TRF101 all setup too.
Thanks so much! Yeah my body is coming in friday from tqrc will paint her saturday! Tower has my motor still and those carbon side pods you guys mentioned so I guess I will run stock plastics sunday.

I also got those nifty exotek spring adjusters!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.