R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #841
Tech Master
 
godzukihop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,733
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Anyone have a complete set up sheet for carpet? My car feels good, would just like to try and get it better.
__________________
JOHN's MOBILE RACEWAY | 180 RACEWAY | Jackson RC Track
Murnan Modified because HP is intoxicating!!! | VP RACE FUEL |
G-FORCE HOBBIES | Fordham Hobbies | ASHFORD HOBBY | TEAM CAMDEN
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY / TEAM POWERS
godzukihop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:21 AM   #842
Tech Master
 
godzukihop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,733
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzukihop View Post
Anyone have a complete set up sheet for carpet? My car feels good, would just like to try and get it better.
No one?
__________________
JOHN's MOBILE RACEWAY | 180 RACEWAY | Jackson RC Track
Murnan Modified because HP is intoxicating!!! | VP RACE FUEL |
G-FORCE HOBBIES | Fordham Hobbies | ASHFORD HOBBY | TEAM CAMDEN
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY / TEAM POWERS
godzukihop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:27 AM   #843
Tech Master
 
Csaari77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 1,490
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

I'm not sure why this thread has died. With carpet season here you would think there would be more people running this car and sharing setups.

I've only run mine 2 times and I'm still fighting an on power push. I'm going to try widening the side links and loosening the screws on the front arms. Does anyone else have any other suggestions? The setup is pretty much stock with Pit/TCS tires on med grip carpet.
__________________
Half-A$$ Racing - Problem solved, problem staying solved!
Awesomatix - Serpent - Tekin - Futaba - Cooper Motorsports.
Csaari77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:40 AM   #844
Tech Regular
 
Ph3nyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nantes, France
Posts: 366
Default

you can try less camber and less caster setup (i'm not sure if the trf101 has a caster setting)
you can stiffen the lateral damper too
__________________
the first F1 RC resource in french : www.rcf1.fr
Ph3nyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #845
Tech Master
 
godzukihop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,733
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csaari77 View Post
I'm not sure why this thread has died. With carpet season here you would think there would be more people running this car and sharing setups.

I've only run mine 2 times and I'm still fighting an on power push. I'm going to try widening the side links and loosening the screws on the front arms. Does anyone else have any other suggestions? The setup is pretty much stock with Pit/TCS tires on med grip carpet.
Please let me know how it works for you. I have the same issue with a push on power. Off power perfect, on power not so perfect.
__________________
JOHN's MOBILE RACEWAY | 180 RACEWAY | Jackson RC Track
Murnan Modified because HP is intoxicating!!! | VP RACE FUEL |
G-FORCE HOBBIES | Fordham Hobbies | ASHFORD HOBBY | TEAM CAMDEN
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY / TEAM POWERS
godzukihop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #846
Tech Fanatic
 
Typeone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Fresno,Ca
Posts: 781
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

for asphalt racing what shock oil should i use also, would 40wt be ok and what spring should i use and also on the friction damper how thick should the oil be. Tuning Haus has 50k, 75k, 100k. i run on med to high grip asphalt.
__________________
TRF101/Tamiya F104-V2/ TRF Tamiya 417/ Smokem FX chassis & V7 conversion/ Speed Passion/ Sweep Racing/ Futaba/ SMC
Typeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #847
Tech Elite
 
CraigMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Valley of the Dirt, CA
Posts: 2,832
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Are the reissue rumors legit?
__________________
* Cee Lo Dizzle, the Secizzle * Red Bull * Team Homies * Pintura de Negro Mate * USVTA #152
CraigMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #848
Tech Master
 
Csaari77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 1,490
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

It was confirmed by TamiyaUSA a few weeks ago.
__________________
Half-A$$ Racing - Problem solved, problem staying solved!
Awesomatix - Serpent - Tekin - Futaba - Cooper Motorsports.
Csaari77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:11 PM   #849
Tech Fanatic
 
shadowracer24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: lakeland fla.
Posts: 750
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typeone View Post
for asphalt racing what shock oil should i use also, would 40wt be ok and what spring should i use and also on the friction damper how thick should the oil be. Tuning Haus has 50k, 75k, 100k. i run on med to high grip asphalt.
The tracks I run here are not what you would call high bite more med but I have mine setup with silver springs on the front and side pod with 35wgt oil in the shock with the tamiya red spring, 10,000 diff oil on the dampner and the springs set touching plus two turns tension. 571f and 572r pit tires with 4mm ride height. I have the links setup middle on the chassis and inside on the pod. the car is on rails for me with this setup. Hope that helps ya out. Also moved the side springs to the outside hole.
__________________
Richard Carpenter
SPEEDZONE Batteries Team Driver
BMI Team Driver
2014 F.E.D.S. Mod Sprint and Sportsman Late Model Champion
2013 FSERA World GT State Champion
shadowracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:11 PM   #850
Tech Fanatic
 
Typeone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Fresno,Ca
Posts: 781
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowracer24 View Post
The tracks I run here are not what you would call high bite more med but I have mine setup with silver springs on the front and side pod with 35wgt oil in the shock with the tamiya red spring, 10,000 diff oil on the dampner and the springs set touching plus two turns tension. 571f and 572r pit tires with 4mm ride height. I have the links setup middle on the chassis and inside on the pod. the car is on rails for me with this setup. Hope that helps ya out. Also moved the side springs to the outside hole.
ok thank a lot ima try it by chance what motor and spur/pinion are u running?? Y is it that most people run the tamiya red shock spring?
__________________
TRF101/Tamiya F104-V2/ TRF Tamiya 417/ Smokem FX chassis & V7 conversion/ Speed Passion/ Sweep Racing/ Futaba/ SMC
Typeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #851
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hayward, CA
Posts: 1,268
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

I got the new "TAMIYA Pro101".


JoeyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #852
Tech Fanatic
 
Typeone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Fresno,Ca
Posts: 781
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Does anybody put weight in the front of the 101??
__________________
TRF101/Tamiya F104-V2/ TRF Tamiya 417/ Smokem FX chassis & V7 conversion/ Speed Passion/ Sweep Racing/ Futaba/ SMC
Typeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #853
Tech Regular
 
Ph3nyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nantes, France
Posts: 366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyE View Post
I got the new "TAMIYA Pro101".


Where did you get the front parts ?
__________________
the first F1 RC resource in french : www.rcf1.fr
Ph3nyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #854
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph3nyx View Post
Where did you get the front parts ?
You can find those front parts from TQrcracing.com
addicted2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #855
Tech Fanatic
 
Typeone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Fresno,Ca
Posts: 781
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Has anybody tried the Sweeps F1 tires on the TRF101 I have the pits 571/572's and what compounds for outdoor asphalt also with racing going into the winter.
__________________
TRF101/Tamiya F104-V2/ TRF Tamiya 417/ Smokem FX chassis & V7 conversion/ Speed Passion/ Sweep Racing/ Futaba/ SMC
Typeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:21 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net