Wiki Posts
Search

RDX-vs-X-ray05 pavment and carpet

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default RDX-vs-X-ray05 pavment and carpet

I just shipped off my 415, ordered an X-ray 05 30 minutes ago for $367 so I can trade it for a RDX carpect spec that is used but has the stronger bumper, aluminun steering knucles, X-ray body post and spare arms. If I tried to buy everything new I will spend about 5 dubs "$500" but there something about the X-ray that kinda make want to keep it now I'm getting cold feet about , I fell like that runaway bride from Ga.

So can the RDX and X-ray cults help me out:

How much work does it take to convert the stock X-ray to carpet?

How much work does it take to convert the RDX Carpet spec to asphalt?

All LHS support both cars to the clouds in Ct.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Well as much as I hate to say it.... but if you can only get the carpet spec car..... its gonna take alot to get it good for asphalt. That is why that car was made for carpet. It is gonna be way to stiff for asphalt.

But the carpet car is in DEMAND right now so get it and then trade of that for a UK kit with the one-way or a US spec with dua diffs.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Add the front sway bar and proper springs and the FK05 will handle better than pretty much anything else you've ever driven...

add the stiff chass, hard arms, wide topdeck and assorted other gizmos if you GOTTA have it...and yes it will make a great car even better....

For asphalt, I've heard of some people removing screws fromt he top deck to allow for more flex...

I still have yet to see an RDX in person...I'm running an FK05 and I absolutely love it...out fo the box(with just the springs and swaybar) the FK05 will outperform the FK04 with the XRC chassis and topdeck on carpet....
Old 05-11-2005, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by imprsme
Well as much as I hate to say it.... but if you can only get the carpet spec car..... its gonna take alot to get it good for asphalt. That is why that car was made for carpet. It is gonna be way to stiff for asphalt.

But the carpet car is in DEMAND right now so get it and then trade of that for a UK kit with the one-way or a US spec with dua diffs.
do you race at Debbies?
Old 05-11-2005, 02:31 PM
Company Representative

Default US Carpet Spec

The only thing you would absolutely need to run the Carpet Spec Kit on asphalt would be the Black Spring set which is softer for asphalt racing.

You could consider a standard topdeck but it isn't necessary. A lot depends how how much traction your local track has.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default springs is all youll need..

I've been running the carpet spec on asphalt and have had no problems ....Ive been running 17lbs springs which work on most tracks..car is dialed...
Old 05-11-2005, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: springs is all youll need..

Originally posted by AARON YOUNG
I've been running the carpet spec on asphalt and have had no problems ....Ive been running 17lbs springs which work on most tracks..car is dialed...
thanks to all I've made my decision