1/10 electric off road, and 2wd in particular is taking off in the UK. It's a combination of the following:
1. Year round racing (very good clubs both indoor and out)
2. Settled electric rules (open motors)
3. More power available than necessary prevents power wars so to speak
4. Cheaper than TC tyres
5. More chilled out mindset of racers (compared to TC)
6. More 'hobbying' - ie. fiddling around with the car (in TC one felt obliged to seek team racer approval)
I've got a mint T3'11/12 with a new chassis that I ain't touched for over a year. That says it all.
What's there not to like with 1/10 electric off road????????????