Community
Wiki Posts
Search

V2 Endbell Conversion Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 11:34 AM
Tech Regular

Lightbulb V2 Endbell Conversion Kit

I have a question for anyone using this product. I am into trying new things, and I have modified this to mount onto a Reedy 19T Quad Mag motor. I set it up as per the instructions, but am having trouble getting the springs to apply enough pressure to keep the brushes touching the comm. The springs appear to back out of the slots during runs. I have bent the ends of the posts in a little, but it hasn't worked so far? Anyone have the same problem, or know of any remedy ? Thanks.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:51 AM
Tech Regular

Smile

In case anyone was wondering. I just got of the phone with Orion, and I screwed up putting the end bell kit together. I ran the wire from the brush through the groove of the endbell tube and soldered it. It is what is creating the bind in the brush staying in contact with the comm, and halting my motor from running. In talking to them I mentioned that I tappered in the points of the groove on the tubes in. It helped to better hold the springs in place, and I think that might help other people using these awesome kits. In case any one wanted to know.