R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Arghhhh SHOCKS - Help please (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/71910-arghhhh-shocks-help-please.html)

acutts 05-10-2005 10:40 AM

Arghhhh SHOCKS - Help please

I am trying to build the shocks on the X-ray T1FK-05 and I can't get them built without rebound ... ! Does anyone know what the best procedure to bleed shocks is so that they are built without rebound.

In the manual it says something about turning them upside down and leaving to vent for 10mins .... well when I do this it seems to do jack .... any help greatly appreciated before the thing becomes a plane :mad: :D :cry: :confused: :flaming:

Thanks
Scott

losi jon 05-10-2005 10:42 AM

it should have some rebound......

acutts 05-10-2005 10:45 AM

It says the following in the manual:

'Check shock for proper operation. The shock rod must move in and out freely with only hydraulic dampening. The shock rod should not extend out by itself when pushed in and released, nor should it be drawn into the shock body when withdrawn and released.'

???

MrRolla 05-10-2005 10:47 AM

This is exactly why i use TRF shocks on my Xray now..

Build easier, quicker, and stay that way longer than I could build the Xray shocks..

acutts 05-10-2005 10:49 AM

I can't get TRF shocks as live in the UK and they real expensive ...! Anyone have any ideas on how to try and attempt the x-ray shocks ... as some guys must be using them??

Charles Godwin 05-10-2005 10:53 AM

You can get trf shocks on ebay, kinda cheap as well :nod:
Charleshttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...973572277&rd=1

acutts 05-10-2005 10:55 AM

Thanks but don't really want TRF shocks ... want to have a try at X-ray ones first before I spend another $80 ....

There must be some way of doing it ... I used the ride air remover and then attached it all but the rebound is huge ... it when depressed goes all the way back out again on its own.

MrRolla 05-10-2005 11:01 AM

When i was running the Xray shocks, i followed the advice of a local guru, he said to use the TRF bladders instead of the Xray/serpent ones..

You could give it a try..

MartynD 05-10-2005 12:30 PM

I have no problems getting the 05 shocks to have little or no rebound...

I use the same method as explained on the last page of the FK'05 thread.

acutts 05-10-2005 02:33 PM

Originally posted by MartynD
I have no problems getting the 05 shocks to have little or no rebound...

I use the same method as explained on the last page of the FK'05 thread.

Taking the bottom cap off I seem to be having more luck getting less rebound but this also seems to be letting air bubbles back into the shock so seems a bit pointless??

CGR 05-10-2005 02:46 PM

I have lots of rebound and my car works fine. Try it out.

MartynD 05-10-2005 03:04 PM

be sure to leave shock inverted the whole time.

I have no probs, if u go too far then I could see you getting air in

goop 05-10-2005 03:24 PM

when they rebound that much means that you have too much fluid in them try putting less fluid in turn them up side down open the cap by the shaft and work the shock in and out but not too far to suck in air. this is what i did and they work great a little rebound will be fine but too much is not good

MartynD 05-10-2005 03:28 PM

If you can't get rid of all the rebound just match them up in pairs. Just try and get each one of the pair to be as close to the other as you can.

ChadCapece 05-10-2005 05:29 PM

Why is Xray the only company that suggest no rebound? Maybe you are misinterpreting the instructions. If you fill the shocks will less oil then needed, then you will have no rebound. This is known as a "dead" shock to most racers.

If all else fails, buy HPI shocks. They are the easiest shocks to build and maintain. Tamiya shocks may be more smooth (very slight deviation), but nothing compares to HPI Pro 4 shocks.