Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arghhhh SHOCKS - Help please

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Pro4Capece
Why is Xray the only company that suggest no rebound? Maybe you are misinterpreting the instructions. If you fill the shocks will less oil then needed, then you will have no rebound. This is known as a "dead" shock to most racers.

If all else fails, buy HPI shocks. They are the easiest shocks to build and maintain. Tamiya shocks may be more smooth (very slight deviation), but nothing compares to HPI Pro 4 shocks.
i agree,the shock cant work right with no rebound......
Old 05-10-2005, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Pro4Capece
If all else fails, buy HPI shocks. They are the easiest shocks to build and maintain.
HPI Shocks are nice

My dad had trouble with the TRF shocks on the XRay. Couldn't get the ride height under 6 on the rear of his FK. What exact length do they have to be and are you guys using any internal spacers?

-Dan
Old 05-10-2005, 09:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Plastic Hoopties. I think... I used to 1..Remove the Bladders out of the caps. 2..Fill the Shock almost full pump VERY slowly to escape trapped air.3..let them sit (Fully Extended) As Vertically as Possible for Roughly Five Minutes (To let Bubbles Out). 4..Compress Shock in 3/4 of the way (Anymore then this and it will hit the Bladder and Mess Everything you did up). 5..Insert Bladder Slowly (expect excess oil to Come out). 6..Install the Cap and eyelet as one piece and that was as good as I could Get Mine! (Which was'nt 1/2 as good as my HPI Shocks) Good Luck!
Old 05-10-2005, 11:41 PM
Tech Regular

practice makes perfect on the xray shocks
Old 05-11-2005, 02:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

agree, practice makes perfect and like Mr Rolla said, use TRF bladders, they aren't massive like the xray bladders and make the job alot easier.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:16 AM
Tech Regular

Lightbulb X-Ray shocks

I just put together a new FK04, and bolted on my TRF shocks from my EVO4. I like the Tamiya shocks alot better. My only problem is that I want to run the ride height Front-5, and at Rear-6, but the max I can acheive on the Front is 4. Anyone know of any solution? Thanks
Old 05-11-2005, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

longer connectors on the ends of the shock shafts.

There are alot of posts on how to use TRF shocks on XRays in this thread if you slide back through you should find your answer.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had trouble at first, but then read some advice that makes them perfect everytime.
Here is what I do.
1-Fill with oil and get all the air out.
2-Fully extend the shaft and fill again with oil. Place the bladder and cap and screw on tight. Your Shocks will be Hydro-Locked in the down position.
3-Turn upside down and release the black plastic cartridge. Do not take off. Just turn it to the unlocked position.
4-Push down the shaft and hold for a couple of seconds and let go. It should rebound and stop. Oil will leak out in this process.
5-Relock the cartridge and you are done.
You should get all the shocks pretty consistant this way.
However, I agree. Practice makes perfect with the Xray Shocks.