Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speed Passion Reventon S Calibration...

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 09:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Speed Passion Reventon S Calibration...

Hi, I've tried to reach out to Speed Passion support and even the FB pages but no ones is responding so hoping someone here can help out.

I'm trying to Calibrate the SP ESC + SP Motor with my Futaba 4PK Super R radio. per instructions, all EPA's are at 100 and trims at 0.

Instructions say to press/hold the "button" on the on/off switch and then turn on the ESC. In my case as soon as I turn on the ESC it starts a constant beep with a click and at every click you can see the motor move slightly enough to just move the pinion/spur. I can leave it like that for more than a minute and it just keeps on beeping.

Without being able to calibrate it, things "seem" ok. But I would really like to know if there's an underlying problem.

Thanks for any feedback or help...
Old 01-21-2013, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

The ESC "beeps" by momentarily powering the motor - it has no separate buzzer. It's normal, just calibrate the ESC as the instructions advise.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Tech Addict

Do you mean a constant "tone"?

I recently sent my Reventon S in for warranty. I couldn't get much of any help in the SP thread either.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danleb
Hi, I've tried to reach out to Speed Passion support and even the FB pages but no ones is responding so hoping someone here can help out.

I'm trying to Calibrate the SP ESC + SP Motor with my Futaba 4PK Super R radio. per instructions, all EPA's are at 100 and trims at 0.

Instructions say to press/hold the "button" on the on/off switch and then turn on the ESC. In my case as soon as I turn on the ESC it starts a constant beep with a click and at every click you can see the motor move slightly enough to just move the pinion/spur. I can leave it like that for more than a minute and it just keeps on beeping.

Without being able to calibrate it, things "seem" ok. But I would really like to know if there's an underlying problem.

Thanks for any feedback or help...
Make Sure 4pk throttle is reversed. And update ALL firmware prior to running. Read manual, as program card procedures have changed. (from prior models)
Old 01-21-2013, 03:32 PM
Tech Rookie

It's a constant beep (every second or so).

I can leave it there for over a minute and it just keeps on beeping...

Yes the radio TH is set to reverse.

Other than not being able to calibrate it. It seems to be working fine. Raced it this weekend and performed great. Just want to make sure I'm getting all that it can give...

Also updated to the latest firmware (V20).

Last edited by danleb; 01-21-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Figured it out... Quite embarrassed now...
Old 01-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

do share!
Old 01-24-2013, 06:34 PM
Tech Rookie

I mis-read the instructions where once the ESC was beeping, I needed to press the button again 1 time for Neutral, 1 beep. Then pull full throttle and press again, 2 beeps. Then reverse, press again and 3 beeps. I saw the little "click" image but didn't realize that you had to do it at every step... Duh... One of the Speed Passion guys from the Facebook group figured it out for me...
Old 01-24-2013, 06:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danleb
I mis-read the instructions where once the ESC was beeping, I needed to press the button again 1 time for Neutral, 1 beep. Then pull full throttle and press again, 2 beeps. Then reverse, press again and 3 beeps. I saw the little "click" image but didn't realize that you had to do it at every step... Duh... One of the Speed Passion guys from the Facebook group figured it out for me...
You are not alone. This is a common mistake that a lot of new users to Speed Passion make. There are usually videos on Youtube of calibrating, wireless modules, and other products they release.

You can watch, pause, and follow along easily.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up speed passion reventon s

hey i dunno if anyone can help me , i have a speed passion reventon , i dont have a program card , im using a fs-gt2 remote pretty basic , i have had the speedy for about four days used it once , for around half an hour , change change my tyres over and turned it all back on and now i have no power running to my brushless , unsure on what turn the brushless is , but it was strange for it to work then stop , have tried the "set: button and numerous other trouble shooting so if anyone can help me please let me know