RP Racing tires

Old 05-10-2005, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Default RP Racing tires

Who has used them? How are they? How do they compare to others? I am thinking about using them for mod TC at an outdoor asphalt track. 36? 40?
Old 05-10-2005, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

The RP tires work well. They do have less side bite than Sorex but do have a slightly wider temp range. On moderate to high bite carpet & asphalt they are generally as fast as Sorex, in some situations better. The RP tires have a more stable feeling to them and can increase a push if your car already has one. Chassis setup should be similar to what you would run with Take-Off tires.

Mark
Old 05-10-2005, 05:36 PM
Tech Adept

So who manufacture RP Tires? I love them, I am the only one with them at my club and guess what, it has been a complete landslide in result. I race stock and with the RP30 I somtimes warm them for a couple of minutes before the race and gosh, they are simply better than anything I have tried.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by FaiLip
So who manufacture RP Tires? I love them, I am the only one with them at my club and guess what, it has been a complete landslide in result. I race stock and with the RP30 I somtimes warm them for a couple of minutes before the race and gosh, they are simply better than anything I have tried.
there are made by the same people takeoff tires the were told to me their are better than takeoffs more traction
Old 05-10-2005, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

I wonder if they have a overseas distributor in the Australia/New Zealand area. I really would like to get them more readily, not having to order them from Hong Kong.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:41 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Yes, RP's are made by TakeOff and imported by Schumacher USA. Have your local dealer contact us for more info or contact us directly for a dealer near you
Old 05-10-2005, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

RP tires are made by Take Off. Take Off is distributed by Schumacher. Check out www.racing-cars.com.

-WR

edit: awww PW got to it first!
Old 05-10-2005, 06:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Go back and do your homework slacker!!! Yeah the RP's work real well. They were dialed at our carpet track.

-Korey
Old 05-10-2005, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I enjoyed using the RP 32's on indoor asphalt. Nice tire
Old 05-10-2005, 08:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by PW
Yes, RP's are made by TakeOff and imported by Schumacher USA. Have your local dealer contact us for more info or contact us directly for a dealer near you
I would be interested to find out more, however, I can't find any link to any RP tires on that Website, I found Take Off, but no RPs
Old 05-10-2005, 08:43 PM
Tech Rookie

I ran RP30s indoor on carpet and liked the tires a lot. They seem to have better grip than CS27s and wear very well. One weird thing I noticed was a wavy line on the tire after a few runs- probably from the mold.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

I have had so far liked the RP30's. Been testing them a little at 4fun hobbies and raceway. Sorex 36r's have deffinatly seemed better then the CS-27's in the past as they were a little too free. RP30's feel really close to sorex. I have run 9 run tires so far then backed it up with 1 run tires with not a too noticable amount of differance.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by FaiLip
I would be interested to find out more, however, I can't find any link to any RP tires on that Website, I found Take Off, but no RPs
Click on the Schumacher link in my sig and use the product finder. On the right where it says manufacturer, use the drop down box and you'll see RP Tires as one manufacturer.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

i had a over heating problem with them, they turned to crap about half way thru the race and got worse, however, the next weekend i opened up the pin hole they come with for a vent on the rims, to about 1/8", i also put three more holes in the rim and they were pretty darn good. no funny wearing, no over heating, and used them for three heats and a main in mod. (asphalt track with sealer and soda put down to aid traction) i am happy with them so far.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Turtlemaster
i had a over heating problem with them, they turned to crap about half way thru the race and got worse, however, the next weekend i opened up the pin hole they come with for a vent on the rims, to about 1/8", i also put three more holes in the rim and they were pretty darn good. no funny wearing, no over heating, and used them for three heats and a main in mod. (asphalt track with sealer and soda put down to aid traction) i am happy with them so far.
Sounds just like my track, what compound did you use?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.