R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   KO Mars and SPEKTRUM (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/71820-ko-mars-spektrum.html)

Soviet 05-09-2005 03:13 PM

KO Mars and SPEKTRUM

I'd like feedback from the KO Mars users out there who are using the Spektrum system.

I'm considering purchasing it and the FAQ says it should work, however I'd like to hear from the actual owners before taking the plunge.

UCHEATULOSE 05-09-2005 04:45 PM

works fine with the mars radio! i love mine. i run 4 cell oval and must use a receiver pack with mine. best 140.00 i have spent in awhile! go get it!

cartmen34 05-09-2005 06:08 PM

I had some truobles with my trims being slightly off when I first got the system, but since re-centering them they've not moved.

Other than that, absolutely perfect system. Money well spent IMO.

ghoppa 05-09-2005 06:21 PM

I too have the Spektrum and Mars combo.....Best $140 I have spent in a long while.....

take the plunge DO IT!!!!:tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire: :tire:

gibbous 05-09-2005 08:05 PM

I've ordered and can't wait to get mine. I'll be running it in my TC3 and my R40.

What are the best prices you guys have seen for the receivers?

Soviet 05-09-2005 08:29 PM

This is really great news to hear. I'm glad that I don't have to purchase a new radio for spektrum to work properly.

Come to think of it, the Mars is probably the oldest radio that will function with spektrum. I suppose it was a good buy. ;)

VenomWorldOrder 05-10-2005 12:31 AM

Originally posted by Soviet
This is really great news to hear. I'm glad that I don't have to purchase a new radio for spektrum to work properly.

Come to think of it, the Mars is probably the oldest radio that will function with spektrum. I suppose it was a good buy. ;)

what about the new helios? i heard the helios is slow in its response when used with a spanktrum. is this true?

ptjonesus 05-10-2005 12:52 AM

I have one it good not to worry about some one turning there transmitter on you that happen too many times to me :D

Grizzbob 05-10-2005 01:06 AM

Honestly, I haven't seen ANYONE I know with a KO radio have a problem with the Spektrum system in it(myself included, & I'm using it on my original Mars, had it for maybe a month & a half). I even let a friend try it on their older KO Precious & it worked fine on that one, too. I think you'll be pleased with it.....:D

gibbous 05-10-2005 08:00 AM

I've had my Mars since 99'. No complaints. Lots of adjustability, comfortable - with the wheel drop kit. Plus, if I do upgrade, it would be to the Helios, so I could just transfer the spektrum system right over.

Soviet 05-10-2005 01:11 PM

Originally posted by gibbous
I've had my Mars since 99'. No complaints. Lots of adjustability, comfortable - with the wheel drop kit. Plus, if I do upgrade, it would be to the Helios, so I could just transfer the spektrum system right over.
Ya know...the funny thing is this:

If you compare the Mars to the Helios, you'll find that the Mars has at least 80% of the Helios' menu features.

gibbous 05-10-2005 01:31 PM

This is true. And along those lines, I only use 20% of the adjustments that I have now!

Then there is the supposed speed factor. The Helios claims to be faster than the original Mars. However, the Spektrum module claims to trump them both.

Have any of you noticed a difference in responsiveness after switching to the Spektrum?

cartmen34 05-10-2005 01:57 PM

This is true. And along those lines, I only use 20% of the adjustments that I have now!

Then there is the supposed speed factor. The Helios claims to be faster than the original Mars. However, the Spektrum module claims to trump them both.

Have any of you noticed a difference in responsiveness after switching to the Spektrum?

I've not noticed any differences or lag in the slightest, however, I've only tested the system at off-road tracks. I'm going to re-test it once I get to a carpet track with my touring car.

HarshGuy 05-10-2005 02:32 PM

I'll tell you on friday after practicing, I have all the "Ko goodies" so I'm running in AHRS mode ...I have 2 cars, one with the KO recvr, one I just installed the spektrum in and will be running both, setup exactly the same and see what the lap times/response, etc... is, from what I understand the speed differences "on paper" are something that mere mortals wouldn't be able to detect ....we'll see :nod:

Grizzbob 05-10-2005 07:36 PM

That's the way I look at it, if there is a speed difference, I really can't feel it. But I'm sure with the module it's at least as fast as my Mars was by itself(not to mention I haven't had even the slightest hint of a glitch since I installed it)......:cool: