R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree13Likes

Old 06-06-2017, 11:35 AM   #361
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, I ran my old foam touring car on the new carpet over the weekend, and it was a lot of fun. I was only about 1/2 second slower than my 1/12 car, even with it low on power. The tires lasted multiple runs without even fully losing their as-cut texture, and I had to re-learn some stuff about foam touring like how they often run best with tight diffs full of thick grease. Losi Smart Diff grease was the ticket.

I also realized that when it comes to lapped traffic, nothing has ever quite bumped a slowpoke out of the way like a foam touring car. They are hard to upset.
Marcos.J likes this.
Current rides: Diggity DC4 Chassis #10. Losi JRX-S Type R. CRC Xi (retired), CRC Altered Ego Aluminum Chassis. Associated B4 based dirt oval late model.
WTB: Carpet racing in Arizona.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 11:38 AM   #362
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 181 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
Well, I ran my old foam touring car on the new carpet over the weekend, and it was a lot of fun. I was only about 1/2 second slower than my 1/12 car, even with it low on power. The tires lasted multiple runs without even fully losing their as-cut texture, and I had to re-learn some stuff about foam touring like how they often run best with tight diffs full of thick grease. Losi Smart Diff grease was the ticket.

I also realized that when it comes to lapped traffic, nothing has ever quite bumped a slowpoke out of the way like a foam touring car. They are hard to upset.
working on a foam car now
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 10:48 AM   #363
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looking for advice on the minimum mah for a 2S LCG running a 5.5T Reedy Mach 3 on a medium size outdoor asphault track.

I'vee seen some pictures out there of people using as low as a 5000mah all the way up to 6300mah. I'm looking for a bit of a weight reduction in the battery area.

Also, with a battery that's much lighter than the electronics, can that mess with the overall balance of the car?

Thanks everyone!
Old 07-15-2017, 11:02 AM   #364
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

5000 should work ok for 5min races on a medium sized track but not much more. I really like the 6000-6500mah packs that weigh 270-300g for mod on a big outdoor track.