Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya Body option for TCS at Tamiya America

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 07:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Tamiya Body option for TCS at Tamiya America

I signed up for my first TCS race coming up on 4/7 and is having a dilemma with the body. Currently I ran 2007 NSX on my TB03 and the car drive very well with it. I would maybe like a little more steering with it but I think it can be solved with setup also. However, the body is pretty beat up and I do want to buy a new one for race day. The problem is it is out of stock in all of Socal as I presume and I'm looking at some other options as well. Currently, I'm looking at the following
1. Audi R8
2. r35 GT-R gt500 body
3. Ferrari FXX
4. Corolla Axio - apr GT

Can anyone with experience with any of these these bodies give an opinion on how they handle compare to the 2007 NSX please. Especially the FXX body, because I personally like the look of it a lot. I'm also open to other suggestions

Thanks so much
Old 03-20-2013, 07:10 PM
Tech Addict

Also, add in ARTA Garaiya as a option,
Old 03-20-2013, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tobyzhang
I signed up for my first TCS race coming up on 4/7 and is having a dilemma with the body. Currently I ran 2007 NSX on my TB03 and the car drive very well with it. I would maybe like a little more steering with it but I think it can be solved with setup also. However, the body is pretty beat up and I do want to buy a new one for race day. The problem is it is out of stock in all of Socal as I presume and I'm looking at some other options as well. Currently, I'm looking at the following
1. Audi R8
2. r35 GT-R gt500 body
3. Ferrari FXX
4. Corolla Axio - apr GT

Can anyone with experience with any of these these bodies give an opinion on how they handle compare to the 2007 NSX please. Especially the FXX body, because I personally like the look of it a lot. I'm also open to other suggestions

Thanks so much
I'd suggest you check out rtypec's posts in this thread: http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...ries-1172.html , from that page on, out of the link I posted), I think he indicated that the R8 offers more steering, while the Ferrari tends to be more stable(much like the Honda HSV-010). To be similar to an NSX(at least the ones I tried), I'd think the Ferrari or Honda might be the way to go, but that's just my opinion, read on in the TCS thread I linked to & you should glean some good info from it....
Old 03-20-2013, 10:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
I'd suggest you check out rtypec's posts in this thread: http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...ries-1172.html , from that page on, out of the link I posted), I think he indicated that the R8 offers more steering, while the Ferrari tends to be more stable(much like the Honda HSV-010). To be similar to an NSX(at least the ones I tried), I'd think the Ferrari or Honda might be the way to go, but that's just my opinion, read on in the TCS thread I linked to & you should glean some good info from it....
Thanks for the link! Also, you mean ferrari as in 599XX or FXX?
Old 03-21-2013, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tobyzhang
Thanks for the link! Also, you mean ferrari as in 599XX or FXX?
Oh, sorry, I missed that, I was thinking about the comments on the 599XX, forgot the FXX is something else. Not sure about the FXX, don't know of anyone trying it in racing conditions, though the 599XX has done well for many....
Old 03-22-2013, 01:04 AM
Tech Addict

Anyone has experience with the FXX?