R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-16-2013, 02:54 AM   #106
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey guys, please excuse my ignorance but i am going to be new to F1, and making a return to on-road after about 5 years concentrating on off-road!!

Having decided on the SP-1 as my F1 of choice, what body, front, and rear wings would you guys recommend for an indoor carpet facility, and does it differ for outdoor asphalt? Does it use the same readily available wings as Tamiya's F103/F104 for example? Is the SP Mark body any good, or should i look at the F68?

Thanks in advance!!!

Scotty
*Five time National off-road Stock Class Champion **2016 F1 AUS #2
Proudly supported by Roche, Destiny, Spektrum, Fantom, G-Force, Exotek, S2H.
Roche Rapide F1, Destiny RX10-S, Spektrum DX6R @ modelflight.com.au
Set up and accessories G-Force @ gforce-hobby.jp Motors and LiPo's @fantomracing.com
Exotek @ exotekracing.com Roche/Destiny @ rocherc.com Paint by S2H..ohh yeahh!
Scotty G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:32 AM   #107
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to OldSkool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty G View Post
Hey guys, please excuse my ignorance but i am going to be new to F1, and making a return to on-road after about 5 years concentrating on off-road!!

Having decided on the SP-1 as my F1 of choice, what body, front, and rear wings would you guys recommend for an indoor carpet facility, and does it differ for outdoor asphalt? Does it use the same readily available wings as Tamiya's F103/F104 for example? Is the SP Mark body any good, or should i look at the F68?

Thanks in advance!!!

Scotty
F1 is on the rise here as well, the "tamiya" body sets bolt straight up (wings,etc) the body choice is up to you. The F1s running 21.5 don't see to seem to have any noticeable difference in handling characteristics (at Wodonga anyway).

Have fun!
Old 04-16-2013, 05:33 AM   #108
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

My shipment arrived yesterday and I have already shipped 4 cars out.
I opened up a kit to check it out, and I have to say it is a great kit. I don't think that you can get better value for the money. Everything in the kit looks great, and keep in mind that I have been a die hard Tamiya guy for a long time. Speed Passion definitely did it right and hit the mark. I am going to build one up and use it to do some tire testing for Pardus, I will let you know how it goes
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #109
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Our office will contact you and get the correct price fixed...it will be still $209.99 plus shipping as advertized....
Solara, thanks for the help. Order placed this morning. That is customer service guys. Speed Passion has my business.
Walkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:00 AM   #110
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064

My preorder is still messed up. My Speedpassion account shows no record of the preorder, but I did received the email and a follow up. Still waiting patiently.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #111
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Frahm

I was added to the pre-order list March 15th but I haven't received any information about availability. Is there a way to verify my name on the list?

Jim Frahm
Old 04-16-2013, 10:35 AM   #112
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Try F1 Paintlab!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Frahm View Post
I was added to the pre-order list March 15th but I haven't received any information about availability. Is there a way to verify my name on the list?

Jim Frahm
You may want to try Brad at F1 Paintlab, he may have a kit that is not spoken for. He has already shipped mine and it should be here tomorrow. I am looking forward to the build and from what I have seen and read this looks like a great VALUE for the F1 dollar...
TWILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #113
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
My preorder is still messed up. My Speedpassion account shows no record of the preorder, but I did received the email and a follow up. Still waiting patiently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Frahm View Post

Jim Frahm
John and Jim...please call our office right now, we will get the car ship to you ASAP. 1-888-928-1328.

Others who did the pre-order and did not receive any payment request, please do the same...call 1-888-928-1328 right now...
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/

Last edited by Solara; 04-16-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Solara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #114
Tech Champion

Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064

Quote:
John and Jim...please call our office right now, we will get the car ship to you ASAP. 1-888-928-1328.

Others who did the pre-order and did not receive any payment request, please do the same...call 1-888-928-1328 right now...
Done, thanks! Nice cello music on hold. PayPal completed also.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #115
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
Done, thanks! Nice cello music on hold.
Thank you...sorry about the delay, and the background music, we hand picked them every day, next hour, will be Gangnam Style................
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
Old 04-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #116
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

I would be more than happy to test a SP1 for you!
Dave
Old 04-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #117
Tech Champion

Quote:
Thank you...sorry about the delay, and the background music, we hand picked them every day, next hour, will be Gangnam Style................
Thanks for calling me back to verify my address. I should see it by Thursday, and if a mailing miracle happens, maybe tomorrow.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #118
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracer72nova View Post
Dave
you can drive mine and run tire testing for me.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #119
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracer72nova View Post
Dave
The car is TOO GOOD for driver like you....I think you need to stick with the XRAY and put a F1 body on it...no one will know it is a 4WD....LOL
Old 04-18-2013, 05:54 AM   #120
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default My kit is here, WOW!!!!!

I got home after at 10pm after working 13 hours yesterday and on the counter was a box from F1 Paintlab. (no questions from the wife ?). After eating and changing clothes I went to the Car Room and opened the box. I just want to say that at first glance I am VERY IMPRESSED with the Speed passion SP1. Looking through the instructions and the packages in the kit in my opinion, for under $250 for this car is a true BARGAIN!!!! It looks to be quality material and I am looking forward to the build this weekend. If there is anyone on the fence about a F1 car look into this car before you make a decision. The good news is that this class is growing very fast here in the Cleveland area and over the last week four or five good racers have purchased F1 cars. The class is growing and there are several different brands of cars that will be at THE GATE. I hope that the people with this car will keep this thread towards the top so that we can get setup help.......
TWILL is offline   Reply With Quote