R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-16-2014, 05:22 PM   #1066
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,157
Default

I've tried the 571/572 combination and the car just doesn't feel consistent for me. The F104 running on the track seems to run better on those tires. I went with the 574/572 combination to try and get a little more steering since the car pushes a lot on asphalt. I didn't get more steering but the car felt way more consistent and smooth.
__________________
Apex RC
www.apexrc.com - Hawaii's #1 RC Proshop

Share & Like Our Page:https://www.facebook.com/ApexRCProshop
Win free stuff!
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:12 PM   #1067
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,470
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

SP1 F1 TQs, wins, and 3rd place at Asian Onroad Championship in Shanghai.

Stick King TQ and win
Joe Lo 3rd

Check Speed Passion Facebook page for more pics.

__________________
Speed Passion * Fantom Racing * Windy City Raceway
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:49 AM   #1068
Tech Master
 
Travis S's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 1,372
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Just ordered one of these bad boys for the outdoor season, but have a couple questions. I want to run 64p, but will I need a spur gear adaptor like I had to get for my 104v2? Also what size spur gear is recommended for a large outdoor track? What body do you guys think works the best. I saw something about the Tamyia F2012 front having issues.
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:07 AM   #1069
Tech Elite
 
metalnut's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,726
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis S View Post
Just ordered one of these bad boys for the outdoor season, but have a couple questions. I want to run 64p, but will I need a spur gear adaptor like I had to get for my 104v2? Also what size spur gear is recommended for a large outdoor track? What body do you guys think works the best. I saw something about the Tamyia F2012 front having issues.
For the spur gear question, normal Kimbrough 64p spur gears fit perfectly, so anything with that inner diameter will be fine. However, the new Exotek F104 spur gears do NOT fit properly, unless you can figure out some spacer/bearing combination to make it work (inner diameter too big). Xenon spurs also fit, but are hard to find. I meant to try Serpent gears (more round than Kimbrough) but never got around to it.
__________________
Team Nervous | Team Scruffy | Team Orange

"If you ain't first, you're last!"
- Ricky Bobby
metalnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:24 AM   #1070
Tech Master
 
Travis S's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 1,372
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalnut View Post
For the spur gear question, normal Kimbrough 64p spur gears fit perfectly, so anything with that inner diameter will be fine. However, the new Exotek F104 spur gears do NOT fit properly, unless you can figure out some spacer/bearing combination to make it work (inner diameter too big). Xenon spurs also fit, but are hard to find. I meant to try Serpent gears (more round than Kimbrough) but never got around to it.
What tooth spur are you running? Sounds like I need to be in the 2.6-3.2 range. I have 64p pinions for my TC and was hoping to be able to use them (39T-58T) Would 110/40 fit or is that to big? I might just end up getting 48p if so.
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:14 AM   #1071
Tech Elite
 
metalnut's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,726
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis S View Post
What tooth spur are you running? Sounds like I need to be in the 2.6-3.2 range. I have 64p pinions for my TC and was hoping to be able to use them (39T-58T) Would 110/40 fit or is that to big? I might just end up getting 48p if so.
I was using spurs in the 86-90 range, I don't have the car in front of me now but I don't think 110/40 will fit. I believe I was close-ish to the maximum sizes that would fit with my combination. On our track I was shooting for the 3.0 - 3.1 FDR, I think that's pretty ideal for a 21.5 on carpet.

Maybe someone else can confirm for sure?
__________________
Team Nervous | Team Scruffy | Team Orange

"If you ain't first, you're last!"
- Ricky Bobby
metalnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:15 PM   #1072
Tech Regular
 
Ph3nyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nantes, France
Posts: 329
Default

personaly i use 72 spur /25 pinion ratio in 48p at our indoor track. it's a 2.88 FDR with a 21.5 blinky , works realy well !
__________________
the first F1 RC resource in french : www.rcf1.fr
Ph3nyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:34 PM   #1073
Super Moderator
 
racer1812's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 14,025
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

I'm sure it's buried in here somewhere but we all know that the sites search engine sucks. How are you guys getting to 5mm ride height, roughly, with rubber tires? Pits specifically.
__________________
Stop the hate! 'White Wheels Matter'

racer1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:59 PM   #1074
Tech Elite
 
metalnut's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,726
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
I'm sure it's buried in here somewhere but we all know that the sites search engine sucks. How are you guys getting to 5mm ride height, roughly, with rubber tires? Pits specifically.
I believe I got there running stock shims throughout the front end EXCEPT I used 5mm of shims under the arms (so under the 4 aluminum arm inserts). That was right around 4.5mm ride height, if I recall.
__________________
Team Nervous | Team Scruffy | Team Orange

"If you ain't first, you're last!"
- Ricky Bobby
metalnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:12 PM   #1075
Super Moderator
 
racer1812's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 14,025
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalnut View Post
I believe I got there running stock shims throughout the front end EXCEPT I used 5mm of shims under the arms (so under the 4 aluminum arm inserts). That was right around 4.5mm ride height, if I recall.
Ya, stock spacers are 3mm (IIRC) If I go to 5mm I should be close. Just wanted to make sure. I got the car new but half built off of fleabay. Needless to say a SP kit is not a good choice for someone who hasn't built a few cars already. It was new, but all "jacked up". I had to start over from scratch. He included "spare parts"...he didn't say I would have to use them all to replace the stuff he 'screwed up' to put it politely
__________________
Stop the hate! 'White Wheels Matter'

racer1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:34 AM   #1076
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 49
Default

http://www.rcmart.com/steering-uprig...d-p-37653.html
If you need this parts is currently in stock
gt10r5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:11 AM   #1077
Tech Master
 
Travis S's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 1,372
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt10r5 View Post
http://www.rcmart.com/steering-uprig...d-p-37653.html
If you need this parts is currently in stock
Looks like speed power has all of that carbon reinforced stuff in stock as well.
http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/steerin...nforced-rev-b/
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:41 PM   #1078
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,173
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I've been using 4mm of shims under the arms to get 5mm ride-height on the front of my SP1 (using Pit571 fronts).
Have to say, car was really good last easter weekend at Tamworth. Coped admirably with the bumps, and despite the driver severely lacking in talent, the main change to my setup was going from the softest RM01 spring (copper) to the hardest (Black). Car kept mega corner speed, and very stable. If anything still had a hair too much steering, but I ran out of time to dial that out (thinking stiffer front spring would have helped).

Still, looks good for when I get it back on track to my local in a few weeks

Cheers
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:12 PM   #1079
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,303
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

I've read somewhere that the SP1 can run F104 wheels and tyres. Can anyone point me to the details on setting up the front of the car to achieve the correct ride height? Rear is easy enough with the inserts, just not sure about how to do the front.
PS. Ed, your car ran well at Tamworth, and aside from our tangle on saturday it was a fun weekend.
matrix101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:17 AM   #1080
Tech Elite
 
metalnut's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,726
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix101 View Post
I've read somewhere that the SP1 can run F104 wheels and tyres. Can anyone point me to the details on setting up the front of the car to achieve the correct ride height? Rear is easy enough with the inserts, just not sure about how to do the front.
PS. Ed, your car ran well at Tamworth, and aside from our tangle on saturday it was a fun weekend.
F104 "foam" wheels with Pit rubber tires are a perfect fit. As for ride height, see my post above, you basically just shim under the arms and leave the rest stock. There is no rule book, though, so you could shim under the plate too if you'd like. You just have to then shim the servo plates.
__________________
Team Nervous | Team Scruffy | Team Orange

"If you ain't first, you're last!"
- Ricky Bobby
metalnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:37 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0