R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-17-2013, 10:56 PM   #736
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Malta
Posts: 59
Send a message via MSN to Sonter
Cool

Hello guys,

Unfortunately I couldn't even start racing yesterday as a guy slightly hit one of my rear wheels and I had broblem with my axle immediately. Seems that the axle is very week and I got a little disappointed about this. Are there any upgrades I should do, to not have this problems next time? Some of the other guys rolled their cars very hard and nothing happened to thir car ! Did someone else had the same issue?
Sonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:25 PM   #737
Tech Elite
 
metalnut's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,726
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonter View Post
Hello guys,

Unfortunately I couldn't even start racing yesterday as a guy slightly hit one of my rear wheels and I had broblem with my axle immediately. Seems that the axle is very week and I got a little disappointed about this. Are there any upgrades I should do, to not have this problems next time? Some of the other guys rolled their cars very hard and nothing happened to thir car ! Did someone else had the same issue?
First, please decrease your font size, you almost gave me a heart attack.

Second, my car has traction rolled a number of times and got hit pretty damn hard on the straight (breaking a lot of stuff), but my axle is still fine. Seems very sturdy to me. What exactly went wrong with yours?
__________________
Team Nervous | Team Scruffy | Team Orange

"If you ain't first, you're last!"
- Ricky Bobby
metalnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:18 AM   #738
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Malta
Posts: 59
Send a message via MSN to Sonter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalnut View Post
First, please decrease your font size, you almost gave me a heart attack.

Second, my car has traction rolled a number of times and got hit pretty damn hard on the straight (breaking a lot of stuff), but my axle is still fine. Seems very sturdy to me. What exactly went wrong with yours?
Sorry about the font size... Sent it from my mobile and tought that my font was too small.

My rear axle was bent really badly after a small hit on the rear wheel by an other car. Actually the car didn't roll after the hit but the rear axle came like a banana. It was not a big hit... And I got disappointed because of this issue. Could the material of the rear axle was defected? Since you are saying that you hit the car hard and nothing happened to the rear axle!
Sonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:21 AM   #739
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,157
Default

I've put mine through the ringer and not bent the rear axle. Maybe you got one with a weak spot or something.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:45 AM   #740
Tech Elite
 
metalnut's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,726
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonter View Post
Sorry about the font size... Sent it from my mobile and tought that my font was too small.

My rear axle was bent really badly after a small hit on the rear wheel by an other car. Actually the car didn't roll after the hit but the rear axle came like a banana. It was not a big hit... And I got disappointed because of this issue. Could the material of the rear axle was defected? Since you are saying that you hit the car hard and nothing happened to the rear axle!
I remember someone earlier in this thread reporting the same issue, but I think most of us have not had this problem. Weird. Maybe it was indeed a bad batch, or some unnoticed QA issue? I would ping Solara here, maybe take a few pictures, and see if he can help you.
__________________
Team Nervous | Team Scruffy | Team Orange

"If you ain't first, you're last!"
- Ricky Bobby
metalnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:01 AM   #741
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Malta
Posts: 59
Send a message via MSN to Sonter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalnut View Post
I remember someone earlier in this thread reporting the same issue, but I think most of us have not had this problem. Weird. Maybe it was indeed a bad batch, or some unnoticed QA issue? I would ping Solara here, maybe take a few pictures, and see if he can help you.
It would be great to get some help from Solara cause I didn't do one lap with the car yet and already with an issue! I will upload a video on YouTube and link it here soon to show the rear axle issue.
Sonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:19 AM   #742
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Malta
Posts: 59
Send a message via MSN to Sonter
Default

Here is the link on youtube to see me rear axle after a small hit by another car on the rear tire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmnDVl8gcus

Sonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #743
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,157
Default

The vid is set as private
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #744
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Malta
Posts: 59
Send a message via MSN to Sonter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
The vid is set as private
Not any more. You can watch it
Sonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:50 AM   #745
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,042
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonter View Post
Not any more. You can watch it
Got it...please check your PM. And yes, this is the 1st bent metal axle that I have seen for SP1. My car has easily 70-80 packs thru and I have hit by 1/8th ON ROAD on my F1 car before.......still using the prototype axle like 8 months ago. Were you hit by a SUV on the track....? (Just kidding..)
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #746
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Malta
Posts: 59
Send a message via MSN to Sonter
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Got it...please check your PM. And yes, this is the 1st bent metal axle that I have seen for SP1. My car has easily 70-80 packs thru and I have hit by 1/8th ON ROAD on my F1 car before.......still using the prototype axle like 8 months ago. Were you hit by a SUV on the track....? (Just kidding..)
I was hit by an ARC Formula 1 car. Maybe an SUV wouldn't have made that damage on my SP-1

I have PM you back!!
Sonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #747
Tech Master
 
busman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Enumclaw, Washington
Posts: 1,434
Default

Iwas nailed at My first race, sheared off My axle, didn't hurt anything else.

Bought a new one and no problems since..
__________________
But, Is it farther to Seattle or by Bus??????
Be obsequious as opposed to obtuse
The more Government expands, The more Freedom contracts!!
busman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #748
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Malta
Posts: 59
Send a message via MSN to Sonter
Default

Yesterday at the races I noticed that the Ride super soft tires has an issue. After each race they where glueing the tire with the rim cause it gets thorn out. Seem like the rubber cracks. Have anyone ever noticed this ?
What tires do you suggest instead of the Ride super soft? something with the same compound !
Sonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #749
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,224
Default

Sorry .... not wanting to hyjack the thread but need a little help painting my F1.

What paint most closely resembles the red in Redbulls F1 Red ..... rattlecan that is?

Thanks for your help.

Regards
BM
__________________
So enjoying building cars I sometimes forget to save some "man-time" to race them!?
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #750
Tech Regular
 
Ph3nyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nantes, France
Posts: 329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonter View Post
Yesterday at the races I noticed that the Ride super soft tires has an issue. After each race they where glueing the tire with the rim cause it gets thorn out. Seem like the rubber cracks. Have anyone ever noticed this ?
What tires do you suggest instead of the Ride super soft? something with the same compound !
it's a known issue with the ride , you'll have to use CA right out of the box before the 1rst run (and a good one).
i'll prefere by far using pit shimizu 571/572 or 574/575 for carpet.
__________________
the first F1 RC resource in french : www.rcf1.fr
Ph3nyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:21 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0