R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #616
Tech Rookie

sorry, my English is very bad
the question is, which is the largest pinion that I can use?
topansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:15 AM   #617
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by topansky View Post
sorry, my English is very bad
the question is, which is the largest pinion that I can use?
Well, I mean, that depends on your spur. I'm running an 86 tooth spur with a 29 tooth pinion and I have plenty of room to adjust up/down more as needed.

As was recommended to me, Xenon spurs work perfectly with the ball diff in this car: http://www.superiorhobbies.com/store...R+GEAR+64P+86T

"If you ain't first, you're last!"
- Ricky Bobby
metalnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:16 AM   #618
Tech Elite

Looks like some optional parts are now available!

Solara, any idea when we may see the others you mentioned, like the pillow ball set screw and lower suspension pivot ball?

- Ricky Bobby
Old 10-15-2013, 12:00 PM   #619
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalnut View Post
Looks like some optional parts are now available!

Solara, any idea when we may see the others you mentioned, like the pillow ball set screw and lower suspension pivot ball?
I know the lower suspension pivot ball will be here the same time as the other options but pillow ball set screw is NOT going to be aluminum. It will be using the stronger plastic, and it is in the same tree as the steering upright set.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:07 PM   #620
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
I ran the same setup I posted earlier at the IIC this past weekend and the car was working very well. It was pretty much the bone stock setup with all the ride height shims for the front put under the plate and the left side rear axle hub replaced with the Qteq hub and spaced out to the same width as the 190mm setting. With the Pardus tires and rims the car came out to about 188mm. I also added an o-ring on the ball stud for the shock to take out the slop. Other than those changes the car was completely stock...I didn't even CA the sidewalls of the tires. In a couple of the qualifiers the car was traction rolling a little bit but in the main it didn't at all. The car was really good in the main (c-main ) and I easily could have pushed another lap out of it but I was far enough ahead that I decided to just drive and have fun rather than push it and risk my lead. Not bad for a class I was running just to have fun in
Great work...I saw that on LIVERC...well done.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #621
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
I know the lower suspension pivot ball will be here the same time as the other options but pillow ball set screw is NOT going to be aluminum. It will be using the stronger plastic, and it is in the same tree as the steering upright set.
Dang it, you're of course right, I now remember you saying that the pillow ball set screw will just be stronger plastic. That's perfectly fine by me! I'll be on the lookout for both parts, can't wait!

By the way, I really am super happy with this car. I'm glad I bought this kit over some of the more "well known" ones. No regret

- Ricky Bobby
Old 10-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #622
Tech Rookie

wow looks good
micksid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #623
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Can someone tell me if this diffuser will fit on this car?

http://www.reflexracing.net/TRG-F103...ok_p_1135.html

Kindest Regards
Nathan
NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #624
Tech Fanatic

The TRG diffuser will fit on any F1. You have to drill the mounting holes and cut out below the motor yourself, so it can be adapted for any motor pod.
terry.sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:29 AM   #625
Tech Elite

I had some really bad luck in the main tonight. I got pushed into the pipe during the second lap by a sporadic driver and must have cracked something, as the car started spinning out when trying to steer right. I pulled it, looked it over and didn't see anything wrong, so I tried to drive it again. That was a dumb move, as the car spun out on the straight and then got t-boned really hard. I broke both side links and the football

I'd like to verify, is this the Tamiya parts tree I need to use their football and side links? http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=6023

The links that shattered tonight were the Associated ones, so I'd like to give Tamiya a try.

- Ricky Bobby
Old 10-20-2013, 03:55 AM   #626
Tech Elite

Dammit. In addition to the damage I listed above, it looks like I also bent one of my side springs. Does anyone have the rates of the various springs that come with this kit? I'll have to order some Tamiya (or CRC?) side springs, but I don't know what the kit rates are for the front and side springs. Any ideas?

- Ricky Bobby
Old 10-20-2013, 06:52 AM   #627
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
I had some really bad luck in the main tonight. I got pushed into the pipe during the second lap by a sporadic driver and must have cracked something, as the car started spinning out when trying to steer right. I pulled it, looked it over and didn't see anything wrong, so I tried to drive it again. That was a dumb move, as the car spun out on the straight and then got t-boned really hard. I broke both side links and the football

I'd like to verify, is this the Tamiya parts tree I need to use their football and side links? http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=6023

The links that shattered tonight were the Associated ones, so I'd like to give Tamiya a try.
When I had my SP-1, I tried the Tamiya football and it wouldnt work. If I remember right. It was too small.
RS_ZACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #628
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Dammit. In addition to the damage I listed above, it looks like I also bent one of my side springs. Does anyone have the rates of the various springs that come with this kit? I'll have to order some Tamiya (or CRC?) side springs, but I don't know what the kit rates are for the front and side springs. Any ideas?
I found this link really helpful for spring rates. Not sure where the stock SP1 springs fall though.. I typically used the CRC Red side springs.
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/PanCarSpringChart.pdf

Keep in mind that you were t-boned pretty hard to break those links, its not like they spontaneously snapped from a board rub. Don't be so quick to abandon them as a solution. They are less expensive than the Tamiya units, which would likely fail the same way, in the same situation.
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:44 PM   #629
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_ZACH View Post
When I had my SP-1, I tried the Tamiya football and it wouldnt work. If I remember right. It was too small.
Hm... I was told last night at our track that it'd fit. I know the AE one is too big, so I can't use that. But if the Tamiya is too small, then I guess I better get the SP part tree instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
I found this link really helpful for spring rates. Not sure where the stock SP1 springs fall though.. I typically used the CRC Red side springs.
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/PanCarSpringChart.pdf

Keep in mind that you were t-boned pretty hard to break those links, its not like they spontaneously snapped from a board rub. Don't be so quick to abandon them as a solution. They are less expensive than the Tamiya units, which would likely fail the same way, in the same situation.
Thank you for that link, that is very useful indeed. I haven't given up on the SP1 springs, I just don't see them available to purchase on their own and one of mine is now bent. I know that any other brand would be equally damaged, but at least then I can buy replacements, that's all.

- Ricky Bobby
Old 10-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #630
Tech Apprentice

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear, in the second paragraph I was referring to the Associated links, not the springs.
simple is offline   Reply With Quote