R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #376
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
The past weekend I have Rob King (owner of RC F1 Blog)to drive my early stage prototype car (with all the soft plastic and no so good parts on it...) and he is very impress about how the stock car work out as well. However, the SP1 does have some off power understeering even with the 571/572 combo. But Rob does setup the ABS on my radio and THAT....is the solution.

I would never thought having the car slow down "GOOD" enough will actually give my car to turn in much better, sharper and eariler (faster) when I have not setup the brake (or even active the ABS system) at all....

For those who want to turn the F1 better...give it a shot on the ABS setting, it really does make a night and day different. I am sure it does not simply apply to SP1 only...I think it will apply to any F1.
ABS works really good on F1 cars...I used to use it a lot on our old low grip track but haven't gotten around to setting it up on my SP-1 yet. Right now I set mine up with a little drag brake in the car which will have a similar affect just not as strong.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:06 PM   #377
Tech Champion

I finally got some vinyl cut for the wings on my SP-1 so now it doesn't look like it is running wingless anymore Eventually I'll put sponsor decals on the wings but the vinyl I used I am not very happy with as it isn't sticking well and will need to be redone eventually.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:21 PM   #378
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Solara,
Is there a thread dedicated to the Speed Passion LeMans Prototype yet? I see you mentioned August or September. Have you heard yet if it's going to be 200mm or 235mm?

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #379
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutDriver View Post
Solara,
Is there a thread dedicated to the Speed Passion LeMans Prototype yet? I see you mentioned August or September. Have you heard yet if it's going to be 200mm or 235mm?
Neither...it is 215-225mm range, it is not WGT spec at all it will be on its own spec. Tires are bigger then the WGT and in USA, it will be running rubber. But we will have foam coming out as well.

Once I have more information about the production I will start the LM-1 thread.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:40 AM   #380
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Looking forward to getting this when it is released. I already have the SP-1 and have had few steering problems but now have fixed it

Cheers
Bones
CRC Gen-X 10 LE 235mm, Hobbywing 1S ESC, 10.5 Speed Passion
SANWA MT-4S, B R & e
Bones181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #381
Tech Apprentice

hello!

say the plastics are weak?
which parts are required to have?
some outdoor set-up for low grip asphalt?

sorry for my English

thanks
antonio_cadiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:42 PM   #382
Tech Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to pininfarina
Cool My SP-1

Hi Everyone!

Just got a SP-1 + SP-ESC + SP 17.5R on Monday, and it's a very nice build so far!

Just a newbie to want to know more about tuning these F1s

Cheers!

Old 07-10-2013, 08:11 PM   #383
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio_cadiz View Post
hello!

sorry for my English

thanks
So far the only thing I've busted is a steering knuckle. But our track is pretty forgiving so I don't break much there. On a harsher track you may want front suspension arms. Also you may want to change the rear links to stronger ones.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #384
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
I finally got some vinyl cut for the wings on my SP-1 so now it doesn't look like it is running wingless anymore Eventually I'll put sponsor decals on the wings but the vinyl I used I am not very happy with as it isn't sticking well and will need to be redone eventually.

I must say I like this Body! Canon/Porsche Livery!

Selling HPI F10 Front Knuckles and Complete Rear Axles W/Diffs Ball and Gear.
W/12mm TC Hubs & W/14mm F1 Hubs Good for std bearing Pans cars. STD Bearings!
eBay item number: 200947192161,200947193175,200947187493
Marty Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #385
Tech Champion

Thanks Marty I'm having fun with my vinyl cutter Logos and straight lines are easy so I tackled that for my first attempt. Designing graphics like flames and such look like they are going to be a lot more difficult.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #386
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio_cadiz View Post
hello!

sorry for my English

thanks
To be honest....our plastic are NOT weak, but I have to say they are in SOFT SIZE....it is actually perfect for OUTDOOR low-traction track using rubber tires.

We do have the carbon mixed material coming and it will be replaced to all the plastic parts...so if you do have the plastic (original) parts...keep them, cause we are not going to make them again...and if you are running on some low-traction track, these softer plastic parts MIGHT BE the solution for you.

The new material will be more like a grey color looking material, carbon mixed, stronger and stiff...and you won't be able to FLEX them....so it should improved on high traction track and carpet track when running rubber. Even better when using foam....

We are also making a stronger/stiffer side links as well, but if you must use something right now, please consider the Team Associated 12R5 side links or the Tamiya F104 V2 side links...both are stronger material and they are direct fit to the SP1 side link ball stud.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:42 AM   #387
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
To be honest....our plastic are NOT weak, but I have to say they are in SOFT SIZE....it is actually perfect for OUTDOOR low-traction track using rubber tires.

We do have the carbon mixed material coming and it will be replaced to all the plastic parts...so if you do have the plastic (original) parts...keep them, cause we are not going to make them again...and if you are running on some low-traction track, these softer plastic parts MIGHT BE the solution for you.

The new material will be more like a grey color looking material, carbon mixed, stronger and stiff...and you won't be able to FLEX them....so it should improved on high traction track and carpet track when running rubber. Even better when using foam....

We are also making a stronger/stiffer side links as well, but if you must use something right now, please consider the Team Associated 12R5 side links or the Tamiya F104 V2 side links...both are stronger material and they are direct fit to the SP1 side link ball stud.
This entire message makes me happy. Really looking forward to the stiffer suspension components.
Pro Spec America/Apex RC - Team ORCA - Awesomatix USA - Roche RC USA - AVID - Sweep - Protoform - Pro-One RC - Slapmaster Tools - Hebiki Design Works - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers - Timezone Hobbies
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:43 PM   #388
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

@Solara,
Any word yet on when the LeMans Prototype might be released?

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:33 PM   #389
Tech Champion

Quote:

That is good news. I don't mind the soft plastics in the arms so much as that gives them some flexibility in collisions to bend instead of break...but the pillow ball pulls right through the steering knuckle too easily for my taste.

How are those aftermarket aluminum front caster mounts coming? Will we see them available soon?
Old 07-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #390
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

SP-1 F1 game on!
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote