lrp brushless esc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

lrp brushless esc

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 07:15 PM
Tech Rookie

sorry guys, it is really off road. Let's go back to LRP's bl system!

Btw, LRP's esc's design and manufactur is very good. After anatomizing several escs, I found LRP's quantum and KO's VFS2000 are the best of them. I hope LRP's bl esc could be as good as its competition esc, or even better!
Old 06-17-2005, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Great... let's get back on topic. Any news regarding the Sphere delays? What's the holdup now, and when will mine arrive?

It was a few weeks ago that I thought they were shipping... but I see so little chatter about it I wonder if anyone has gotten one yet.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bob Nilsen
Great... let's get back on topic. Any news regarding the Sphere delays? What's the holdup now, and when will mine arrive?

It was a few weeks ago that I thought they were shipping... but I see so little chatter about it I wonder if anyone has gotten one yet.
Ya, what he said.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Somerwil has one.Just scroll up and you will see his post.

Sean
Old 06-23-2005, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

In case you guys don't read the LRP forum, here's quote from Reto:

The Sphere was shipped to our US-distributer Associated a while ago, but that was unfortunately still not in big enough quantities to fulfill all backorders.

Please talk to them directly about availability of the LRP Sphere and their Reedy Neo1 motor.
So I just called Associated customer support. The guy I talked to said they received the spheres last week and are packaging them now to be sent to distributors.

I totally forgot to ask about the Neo motor.

So... maybe we'll have this thing pretty soon.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Unfortunately, with all this waiting, it's gotten to the point where I will only believe it's actually for sale when I see at a local hobby shop or can order it at that very moment from an on-line store. It's simply amazing how long this product has taken to be made avaialable especially since their adds were all over the magz even last year!
Old 06-25-2005, 10:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Alright guys,

here are the first pictures of my Sphere in my B4. I have the speedo for about a week and a half, but no brushless Neo One yet. That one is still to come... I will try using my two-months old Novak Super Sport 5800 tomorrow on our local track.

Greetz,
Mike
Old 06-25-2005, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

wow that looks gigantic! it took up the whole width on that side.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

Yeah im surprised to.By the other pics i've seen they look no bigger then a QC2.

Sean
Old 06-26-2005, 08:15 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah... it's a lot bigger than I thought it would be! That's really too bad... Novak may once again has the edge now that their new ESC (GTB) will be smaller and can also accommodate both Brushed & Brushless Motors. It's unfortunate because LRP really could have taken a chunk of the market share by now... a high price to pay for moving soooo slow!

Hey Somerwil, I see you hacked off half of the fins to accommodate your B4's body better. Hope it works and still helps get rid of enough heat that will build up. Also, how do you like the Losi shocks on your B4?!? Something tells me they work just as goo if not better than AE shocks.... especially in the maintenanace and rebuild department!
Old 06-27-2005, 05:27 AM
Tech Master

Ahh well, looks like a nice ESC anyway.As for the Losi shocks i have no idea.I use Losi shocks, unob. shock shafts, titanium shock body etc.They are extremely smooth and are easier to maintain.

The factory team AE shocks look good.

Sean
Old 06-27-2005, 07:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

@ TEAM-AE-4-EVER: The Sphere did not heat up at all with my SS5800 Novak motor. I hope it won't warm up with the Neo-One as well. I indeed milled some aluminium off the heatsink to fit the body better.

I prefer Losi shocks. I drove Losi for some 8 years andd made the step to the B4 last year. I think it's a good car, but the shocks of Associated simply suck... I adore the Losi springs and still had a few in stock so I decided to put these on. The car feels smoother with the Losi shocks and maintenance is much easier.

I'm looking forward to drive the Sphere again tomorrow on our local track. So far it feels very good. And way less heating problems so far.

Gr,
Mike
Old 06-27-2005, 12:48 PM
Tech Addict

Actually you won't require the heatsink for 2wd on the Sphere.

I'd think the GTB is roughly the same size as the Sphere, the difference definitely isn't much and it always depends what you have inside and what you have to run outside...

Anyway, good to hear that you guys got the speedos already and that things worked well.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

@ Burito: I read somewhere in this thread that it would not be necessary to have the heatsink on for 2WD applications. Since my experiences with the Super Sport and the pictures I saw (from the Novak GTB with massive cooling) on the internet, I decided to start with the heatsink mounted with the idea to be able to remove it if it's not necessary.

So far I'm very happy with the Sphere. Mainly due to less heat up and the programmability it offers. Only thing I do not understand is why the speedo comes out of the box in forward/ reverse mode. Most people buying the Sphere only use forward/ brake.

I think LRP also did a very good job with the setup buttons. On the Novak I thought it was quiet difficult to remember how to setup the speedo, but with the Sphere it is much better. Mainly because it has two buttons while the Novak only has one. Perhaps it is the same with other LRP speedo's, but to be honest: this is my first LRP.

I am going to drive my car tonight again. It looks like the wheather is going to be very good here in Holland (>30 degrees Celsius), so that will be the ultimate test.

You will hear from me soon.

Greetz,
Michael
Old 07-06-2005, 09:02 PM
ml
Tech Apprentice

Here's my initial thoughts on how to install the LRP Sphere and Reedy Neo One in the AE TC4. There is plenty of room using the KO Propo receiver. There may be a better way to mount the electronics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.