R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-05-2005, 12:37 AM   #31
Tech Regular
Send a message via ICQ to Exe Send a message via Yahoo to Exe

rc cars is an awesome hobby... no matter what i do - race, work on a car... everytime it is a new experience as you try different stuff etc.

the only one which i hate, is paintint and cuting bodies... though after i bought airbrush, it's fine, cause you don't have to work outside... no smell, no sprays all over

Exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 07:47 PM   #32
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Its like 99%/1% for me.
I'm married, work, have a baby etc...
When I get to my car, all I can do is wrench and tweak it to get it perfect.
Its almost therapuetic to me.
It relaxes me from the work week ahead and the 3am baby feedings!
I love having the car "perfect".
If something, anything is wrong with it, its like I have a stone in my shoe all week until I can fix it.
When I do, I still don't have time to get it to a track, but at least I know it's ready.
Tell you how crazy I am:
Since I only get to work on stuff during my days off,
I love ordering stuff online rather than going to the LHS because of the buzz I get knowing something is coming in the mail. There is nothing cooler than opening your mailbox to find those manilla bubble wrapped envelopes, cause it reminds you of whats coming up.
I'm crazy.
But my days off are Mon and Tues so I guess thats why I'm like that. If I had weekends off, maybe I would enjoy racing more.
scoobydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:02 PM   #33
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by scoobydo
I love having the car "perfect".
If something, anything is wrong with it, its like I have a stone in my shoe all week until I can fix it.

hell yeah, I cant stand it. I get about 95% of my stuff done the night after racing, but when I have to do something the next day, or later in the week , it stresses me out big time.

I never sleep after a race day until I have got my batteries how I like them either, they have to be just right. same with my motors
Schumacher Mi4CX
Mugen MTX & MRX

"He who dies with the most toys wins" - Phil Harris
Jack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:27 PM   #34
Tech Elite

I'm about 50/50.

I love when I get the diff buttery smooth, and the shocks with perfect rebound. I also enjoy body mounting and sticker application. I'm just more interested in the fine details and perfection involved when you get your body perfectly mounted and equal gap between all four tires. I don't worry about cleaning every spec of dust off the car.

I love when I'm racing in the main and I know I have a really fast car. So I pull up behind first place, and ride his bumper for a few laps. Then setup him up with the fake pass on the left, brake tap, and swing right to setup for the 180. Ahhhhh, the clean pass, it cleanses the soul.

And I wouldn't be in this hobby with out the great people at my local track. It's really nice to have a relaxing Saturday with people you enjoy racing with. We usually spend most of our pit time helping new racers, or just talking about other tracks and technology in RC.

I've raced Downhill Moutian Bikes, travelled the South for Junior golf tournaments, fished in professional tournaments, played varsity tennis, of those sports/hobbies this is by far the most relaxing and enjoyable.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:34 PM   #35
Tech Champion
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

same here 50/50 (I would have said 100/100)

I like assembling kits and would pay a hobbyshop if I get the chance to do it on a weekly basis and also setting the car to suit different tracks

Otherside is I enjoy driving cars that I built. I so rewarding getting a good result and then be on the same pace sometimes with the quick guys.
Top Racing Photon EX / Mugen MTX-5 / Tamiya M05 / 3 Racing FGX & F113 / Kyosho RB5

Western Zydney Racers (Mini-Z Racing in the west)
danjoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:47 PM   #36
Tech Addict

Electric cars......it's usually a 4-5 minutes race. Most of the time, I spend working on my car set-up up to a point where I'm comfortable running it. Winning is just icing on the cake. Finishing the race in 1 piece is the ultimate joy. Specially oval racing~~high-bank oval racing put a considerable toll on the car. If it is not set-up right, might as well not run. Seing the car runs the way you expected it sure makes the day go fast. But if you struggle and keep on making corrections , then you need to stop before you wreck someone else. Working on my car takes 99.9% of my time. Racing is just the culmination of all the efforts you put in = 1%. LOL
But the most important part is to have FUN !!!! NO matter what

Henry E.
jeepnyy is offline   Reply With Quote