Wiki Posts
Search

Good dual lipo charger with storage mode

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 37 (97%+)
Default Good dual lipo charger with storage mode

I'm looking for a good dual charger that has a lipo storage mode and its own power suppky. Can you give me some recommendations. I know the dynamite passport ultra duo is a good one but its kinda out of my price range
Old 03-10-2013, 08:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Pretty sure all chargers have storage mode for lipos... if not I would question why they are in the market.

Since you said the dynamite one is out of price range... the other best charger is the TP820CD that puts out 20Amps per port... I can charge a 6800 2s lipo in like 10 min at that amperage. http://thunderpowerrc.com/html/TP820CD.html

But prior to that charger, I had the DuraTrax Onyx 245... personally if you don't mind the rate/time it charges at, this is a good decent charger... But for me, I needed a charger to punch out batteries to keep me running for the day :P

I'm looking around on amain and the ProTek R/C "Prodigy 620 DUO punches out like the TP820CD for a little bit less.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:26 PM
Tech Adept

I have onyx 245 right now that why I'm looking for a charger with lipo storage the 245 does not have that option
Old 03-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Tech Adept

Is the thunder power ac/dc? I need a charger that can plug into the wall
Old 03-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa
Is the thunder power ac/dc? I need a charger that can plug into the wall
Thunder Power tp820 is dc only so you would need a converter.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:10 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah I definitely need ac so it looks like the only option for me is the dynamite ultra duo? Can you guys think of another ?
Old 03-10-2013, 11:48 PM
Tech Addict

Well I don't know how much your willing to fork out. Assuming that you are really into that dynamite charger, you might as well go all out getting the charger. I'm not sure also what batteries your charging and if you need the amperage or not.

For me, I have the TP820 which gives me 20amps per port. With the dynamite you only get 10amps. So unless you don't care about how fast you charge up, then that would prob be the charger for you. Assuming you want more amps, the 820 ain't a bad choice and find a AC converter that can fork out like 1000watts and you are good to go.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:50 AM
Tech Champion

Adding in the AC makes a charger a lot more expensive as they have to build in a power supply. Typically the one they build in is not as good as an external power supply so you end up with lower charging and discharging rates.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Adding in the AC makes a charger a lot more expensive as they have to build in a power supply. Typically the one they build in is not as good as an external power supply so you end up with lower charging and discharging rates.
Well to suffice my 40amps, thats the reason i didn't get a ac converter because it is too expensive, i just saw the protek is like 300 or something... I can buy a new car with that amount haha.

I just bring a car battery around and usually it can suffice my 4 hour days. If not I bring a spare battery. Really depends on your money situation and what your needs are.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mashimarowu
Well to suffice my 40amps, thats the reason i didn't get a ac converter because it is too expensive, i just saw the protek is like 300 or something... I can buy a new car with that amount haha.

I just bring a car battery around and usually it can suffice my 4 hour days. If not I bring a spare battery. Really depends on your money situation and what your needs are.
YOu have a PM...