R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Default TA04S Complete Nubie question

I am a complete nubie, so my apologies in advance for my lack of knowledge.

A good friend of mine has been kind enough to loan me his old TA04S car. I plan to use this car to learn some basic driving skills. The car is using a Futaba 2PH/2PHKA R/C system. I got the car running the other day, and so far i have encountered one problem.

The radio receiver uses a battery box, holding 4 x AA cells. I do not know of a good way to secure this battery box to the chassis. Presently I am just using double sided tape to secure this small battery box to the side of the main battery. But this seems very kludgy to me.

I did some Google searches but did not find anything helpful.

I suspect that previously this battery box was secured to the chassis behind the front bulkhead, because I can see 2 broken plastic lugs there. See pics below.

Can anyone help point me to a place, where I can buy the appropriate part to secure the battery box?

If I am mistaken and no such off-the-shelf part exists, can you advise on the best way to secure the battery box?

Also is there any off-the-shelf solution that eliminates the need for such a battery box, to allow the r/c receiver and servos to be powered from the main battery?

Kind thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
TA04S Complete Nubie question-photo1.jpg   TA04S Complete Nubie question-photo2.jpg  
gx502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #2
Tech Rookie

I think i have found the answer. The 4 x AA battery box is just for testing the servos!!!

I noticed a matching connector on the main bundle of wires close to the motor, i just need to route the cable under the drive belts.

I apologize for wasting space on this board, and now I feel so dumb !!!!
Old 03-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #3
Tech Adept

You Dont need it, but Don't throught the battery box away. I just spent three hrs looking for one to set up a few new receivers.
I love the old macanical speed controller. brings back lots of memory's
Yogi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:26 AM   #4
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The receivers of that era has BEC in them, so you can plug the connector from the Mechanical speed controller into the reciever directly
kawada sv10 alcyon 3-sanwa mx3x-orca vx v4.1 software-team powers 13.5 motor-turnigy 4200 shorty lipo-savox 1251 servo RIDE RE32
alcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:29 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

Thanks Guys.

Its all working now. In future I will stick to the Rookie Zone of this forum.

I want to get a nice clean body, and a new set of wheels/tires on this TA04S chassis. It seems to run fantastically using a new MNiH battery.