R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2013, 11:34 AM   #121
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 16
Default

My car is built and ready to go now, will try it out with a 17.5 tomorrow night and see how it works. I found a great Chinese site with instructions that were 10x better than the manual, unfortunately I don't have enough posts to post it here.
__________________
Richard - A man with no home track
2 x A800A, 1 x Xray T4-2015
Bugblndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #122
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chi-Town West Burbs
Posts: 1,235
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugblndr View Post
My car is built and ready to go now, will try it out with a 17.5 tomorrow night and see how it works. I found a great Chinese site with instructions that were 10x better than the manual, unfortunately I don't have enough posts to post it here.
Just how close is the CSO-1 to the Xray T4? Is it a Chinese Clone? Are the parts interchangable?
__________________
Goal Achieved....Not Dead Last.
mooby64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #123
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby64 View Post
Just how close is the CSO-1 to the Xray T4? Is it a Chinese Clone? Are the parts interchangable?
It's close in a lot of ways but does have some differences. It has a different bottom chassis for instance that is narrower than a T4. The A-arms mount differently, to the chassis instead of the bulkheads.

The shocks and springs seem to be T4 compatible, same with the shock towers. A-Arms, C-Hubs, steering blocks, rear uprights, bearings and driveshafts are 100% T3/T4 compatible. I'm actually running 1 CSO steering block and A-Arm on my T3-2012 right now.
__________________
Richard - A man with no home track
2 x A800A, 1 x Xray T4-2015
Bugblndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:01 PM   #124
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 16
Default

I had a chance to run my car for the first time tonight and am for the most part very impressed. During my first battery out in practice I knocked 1/10th off my best lap time of last week. I did discover an issue with the rear diff though, something that has been fixed and anticipate getting a V2 diff in the next week which fixes the problem.

I threw in the rear diff out of my T3-2012 for the rest of the night and beat my best lap time of last week by 2/10ths and my best 6 minute run by almost a full lap.

I took a bit of a risk when purchasing the car, but am now glad I did. It's a very solid design and the car works well. Next time out I plan on playing with setup a bunch to see how well the car reacts to changes. I'd buy one again.
__________________
Richard - A man with no home track
2 x A800A, 1 x Xray T4-2015
Bugblndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #125
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Wollongong Australia
Posts: 199
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Likewise I put 2 batteries through my car yesterday and the car was great, even with very old Sorex 36s. I havent had any diff problems but a friend of mine has. Not sure exactly the problem but I believe he had one of the shims 'cone' on him which occasionally locked up the diff. I had a pin in one of my rear CVDs come loose (forgot to check/tighten when I built the car - user error) and start to destroy a rear hub but that was quickly fixed.

Gave a few of my club mates a drive and they all enjoyed it. Heaps of steering, very resposive and easy to drive fast. What all good RC cars should do

Simon
Team_Krusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:15 AM   #126
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,512
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Does this car have narrowed bulkheads, lowered towers, and shortened shocks like the T4? Or is more like the T3'12?

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:46 AM   #127
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Wollongong Australia
Posts: 199
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
Does this car have narrowed bulkheads, lowered towers, and shortened shocks like the T4? Or is more like the T3'12?

-Mike
Not sure what qualifies as narrow bulkheads these days but definitely lower towers and short shocks like the t4.

Regards,

Simon
Team_Krusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:57 AM   #128
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 54
Default

How durable are you guys finding this car ?
E36M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:59 PM   #129
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 16
Default

I've run my car at 3 club race days and 2 practice days thus far. I've finished every heat and I think the only part broken was my aftermarket cooling fan. So far it seems very durable.
__________________
Richard - A man with no home track
2 x A800A, 1 x Xray T4-2015
Bugblndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:16 AM   #130
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,111
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Krusty View Post
Not sure what qualifies as narrow bulkheads these days but definitely lower towers and short shocks like the t4.

Regards,

Simon
Not narrow bulkheads but closer together than the T3 12
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:53 AM   #131
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE SI View Post
Not narrow bulkheads but closer together than the T3 12
I haven't measured mine, but I've run a gear diff from a T3 12 in my CSO-One and it fits perfectly so the bulkheads are the same distance apart.
__________________
Richard - A man with no home track
2 x A800A, 1 x Xray T4-2015
Bugblndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #132
Tech Master
 
locked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugblndr View Post
I haven't measured mine, but I've run a gear diff from a T3 12 in my CSO-One and it fits perfectly so the bulkheads are the same distance apart.
The gear diff for a T3 is the exact same as a T4 gear diff, but the bulkheads on the T4 are narrower. The eccentric bearing cams are deeper on the T4, so they only had to change a simple and cheaper part to make it work.

If your T3 diff fits with it's bearing cams, then the bulkhead would probably be the same width as the T3, if it won't slide in though, without using the CSO cams, then the bulkheads are probably narrower, like on the T4.
locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:28 PM   #133
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locked View Post
The gear diff for a T3 is the exact same as a T4 gear diff, but the bulkheads on the T4 are narrower. The eccentric bearing cams are deeper on the T4, so they only had to change a simple and cheaper part to make it work.

If your T3 diff fits with it's bearing cams, then the bulkhead would probably be the same width as the T3, if it won't slide in though, without using the CSO cams, then the bulkheads are probably narrower, like on the T4.
It needs the CSO cams, with the T3 ones it wouldn't fit. Thanks!
__________________
Richard - A man with no home track
2 x A800A, 1 x Xray T4-2015
Bugblndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:19 AM   #134
Tech Master
 
malcnz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DUNEDIN, NewZealand
Posts: 1,296
Default

Car is definatley a T4 clone and look forward to running mine first time this sunday..if the rain stops
__________________
SCHUMACHER MI5 EVO/TEAM POWERS/SANWA/DX4R PRO.

SERPENT F110/TEAMPOWERS 21.5.

LOSI 22 2.0/TEAM POWERS 8.5
malcnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:33 PM   #135
Tech Champion
 
smilekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,536
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcnz View Post
Car is definatley a T4 clone and look forward to running mine first time this sunday..if the rain stops
you will love it ...
__________________
Kuala Terengganu Rc Club Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=357083332025
smilekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:23 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0