Tech Master

CSO-1 1/10 190mm Touring-cso-1-6.jpg

CSO-1 1/10 190mm Touring-cso-1-7.jpg
choisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #47
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanyde View Post
This marks the beginning of a new era where touring cars will be priced much lower thanks to Spec-R. Now its CSO... who's next?... I assume the big boys will start pricing their cars below 400 in a year or so when the rest follow suit....

Again... Thank You Spec-R!!....
Companies like Xray only produce racing kits, not RTR's and toys like HPI and Tamiya etc, so they the costs will always be higher.
They also produce their parts in-house in Europe, not using cheap far east labour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-kenny View Post
....But ive had a few things from CSO and all have been complete garbage!
+1 Will wait to see what the car is like (but still won't be getting one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioxqq View Post
Xray quality was outstanding when they just joined this market at year 2000. This image has successfully burned to most people's brain. Now is 2013, Xray is no longer super quality as other manufactures already come up to Xray standard while Xray is not moving upward anymore once they got popular. Also Xray seems copying other car to lower the cost, look at their 1/12 pan car. I don't think Xray car is that much different then other cars now. But one thing they are still very successful is the marketing. I don't think any other manufactures come close to this area.
Most other manufacturers still don't come up to Xray's quality!

Again, Xray spend lots of money on R&D and get their cars right, which is why most of us have been faster with the new car.

I know that one complaint is that all TC's look the same, but this CSO takes it to new levels. It is a T4 copy with Tamiya pivot blocks and servo mount.
Basically, they've taken all their budget option parts for other cars and thrown them together in a kit.

It will be value for money, but you can bet that the R & D that has gone into it is minimal (no need when copying others).
Will this hurt the bigger companies who do have to do all the research and testing?!
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #48
Tech Adept

I bought a CSO aluminum dual steering arm for my T4. It's sitting in the bottom of my bag from all the play it had.
Serpenteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #49
Tech Regular

If you are going to be the 20th manufacture fielding a touring car you gotta do something besides anodize it a cheesy gold colour. I love all the competition between manufactures but give me a reason to consider this chassis. I'm hunting for a new chassis and I'd love to see another worthy contender. Don't know what Durango is doing but of the 20 choices so far I have it narrowed down to the WRC STX and the VBC Wildfire Dynamics. These 2 manufactures really focused on the details and designed a chassis that not only looks sick but even has a few innovations. At least include double Cardan drive shafts.
DavidNERODease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:06 AM   #50
Tech Addict

But if you consider self a serious racer you get a T4, TRF-417 V5, BD7, S411ERXY. When I go to an ETS race, Euros or Worlds these are the most popular cars. They have good factory team drivers and developers that tweak the chassis set-ups and do the support for the regular drivers.

If you buy a T4 for 420€ or an XXX for 280€ that's 140€ difference. If you buy 10 chassis per year that would be a lot but usually an average racer gets 1 per year so that's not such a big deal. + as mentioned before a T4 its durable, every thing fits nicer, you get factory support, parts are at the local store and so on.

If I consider that 1 set of tires is 25 - 30€ and I use three NEW sets per racing weekend on asphalt that is 90€ in one weekend! 6 races at the nationals 18 sets only for racing means 450 - 540€ only for tires! And the hotel rooms, traveling costs, entry fees ....

Everyone who in racing should sum up the costs per year and compare them to 140€ off on a cheep car that is most of the time PITA

If you visit a track only now and then for fun then I would consider a car like this.
Geberit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #51
Tech Regular

Agreed those chassis are fast. I've raced an Xray since 2006 and they are worth the money for sure and I like the improvements they made with the T4. I'm just an average racer but I'm serious about my chassis choice. I have very little time to work to work on my cars, so any improvements to ease maintenance and tuning are very valuable to me. VBC and WRC tried really hard to make someone like me happy. Xray, Tamiya, Yokomo, Serpent etc did not. The VBC Wildfire Dynamics isn’t really much cheaper and I doubt the WRC STX will be but at the moment , they are the front runners for my money.
DavidNERODease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #52
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Bit harsh that some of you are writing off the car before its even hit the track. Yeah it might not have the build quality of the <<insert brand of choice here>> .... but then again it might be good enough that its not really something to worry about. I'm yet to gain any lap speed from running laser engraved parts

I race 17.5 boosted at my local outdoor asphalt track and am generally at the pointy end of the field. I've owned a TC5, TRF415, Mi4, T3, S411 etc and I got them all going pretty good at my track. My replacing cars is my desire to try new things out - not to replace an inferior product.

I dont travel to big events and have been using the same motor and esc combo for the last 18 months. A new set of Sorex 36's will last me 4 or so race days (2 months).

I can understand that the $200 saving buying this car v's your 'premium' car might not mean much to the racer who regularly travels to races, pays high entry fees, pays for accomodation and needs a new set of boots for every race but for me it makes sense..... and I'm optimistic that I can get $265 car every bit as competitive as my previous rides. If not then so be it - I'm out of pocket $265 or 1 day of racing for the pros.

Based on my racing requirements I have pre-ordered it and I'll see how it goes.

Regards,

Simon
Team_Krusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #53
Tech Master

Does anyone know if this chassis gonna have fiberglass in it or not?
rosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #54
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNERODease View Post
If you are going to be the 20th manufacture fielding a touring car you gotta do something besides anodize it a cheesy gold colour. I love all the competition between manufactures but give me a reason to consider this chassis. I'm hunting for a new chassis and I'd love to see another worthy contender. Don't know what Durango is doing but of the 20 choices so far I have it narrowed down to the WRC STX and the VBC Wildfire Dynamics. These 2 manufactures really focused on the details and designed a chassis that not only looks sick but even has a few innovations. At least include double Cardan drive shafts.
I agree...for the most part. I think new cars do need some innovation. But at a $270US price point I don't think you can or will get it. And I think that is OK! There needs to be cars on the market that are on the cutting edge of design...Awesomatix for example. But you have to pay for that...and it's worth it. But if you are looking for that you aren't going to find it in a sub $300 car. That's like buying a Mustang and wishing it has all the refinements of a Porsche. What you need in cars at this price point is a car that works and that is of quality....you're just looking for some bang for your buck. Cars like this will use what's tried and true...with small variations. The eye opening moment you get with these cars are if/when you win races and have paid half as much as the guys you beat.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:42 AM   #55
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Any update on this car? Did somebody received their kit yet?
bigspider3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:49 AM   #56
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigspider3 View Post
Any update on this car? Did somebody received their kit yet?
Rc market are now saying March 25th as their expected date in stock. Mine is ordered but no idea how long it will take before it gets to me in Australia.

Regards,

Simon
Team_Krusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:27 AM   #57
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Krusty View Post
Rc market are now saying March 25th as their expected date in stock. Mine is ordered but no idea how long it will take before it gets to me in Australia.

Regards,

Simon
Delay to this weekend release ,
because CSO said making packing .
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:04 AM   #58
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm actually a total n00b to TC racing and have yet to buy a chassis yet. I am headed to HK this weekend for a holiday, which coincides with this release.

I was looking at the Sakura Zero S but it seems after all of the hop ups and carbon bits the total price will be something around the price of this...

What would be the difference between getting the Sakura over this?
Old 03-26-2013, 12:52 AM   #59
Tech Rookie

Saw the demo model yesterday in a HK model shop.. it is a good choice in this price range which got all the trendy design altogether in one and the craftmanship is acceptable. Just i dont like its colour myself....
nb576uk2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:54 AM   #60
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hars View Post
I'm actually a total n00b to TC racing and have yet to buy a chassis yet. I am headed to HK this weekend for a holiday, which coincides with this release.

I was looking at the Sakura Zero S but it seems after all of the hop ups and carbon bits the total price will be something around the price of this...

What would be the difference between getting the Sakura over this?
you should be comparing the the non s version of the sakura if you want a fair comparison.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote