R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #196
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Pretty quiet in here. Anyone running the V2 with comments? Thinking about giving it a try.
429racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:38 PM   #197
Tech Master

I just got the v2 kit for my origional cso one and its a nice bit of kit and can imagine the whole v2 kit would be just as good and they have kept the price the same as origional so thats awesome.
Havent run it yet with the new v2 bits but the origional kit was awesome and I just got 2nd at our SouthIsland champs in stock with it and its strong and as good as anything else out there easily...go for it they are awesome kits.

SERPENT F110/TEAMPOWERS 21.5.

LOSI 22 2.0/TEAM POWERS 8.5
malcnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #198
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default v2

i have been running the v2 kit for a few weeks, the car is excellent. the quality might not be as good as xray, but nothing that affects performance.i had a t4, this car is every bit as good on the track. the kit actually came with a second set off lower shock body caps. you can see the 2nd set was machined better. so maybe the original ones were some cause for leaky shocks. We have a small sedan turnout at our track, but the cso is unbeaten to date..
nazman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #199
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to LasagnaCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 429racer View Post
Pretty quiet in here. Anyone running the V2 with comments? Thinking about giving it a try.
Much easier to mount the motor (no screw heads rubbing) with the new motor mount.

The slop in the steering rack is greatly reduced.

Wasn't a night and day difference on track.. the car was good before, still feels good as a V2. I'd get the V2 if I were buying a new one, but I have one V1 left with no plans of buying the conversion kit for it.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:38 PM   #200
Tech Adept

I have been running the first batch of pre-production V2 for weeks, and I found it to be as willing to turn as the BD7 with ruggedness in par with my well used T4 2013. Assemblywise of course much room could be improved on the QC side (e.g. it took me a lot of time to smooth the shocks as the inner surface of the shock tubes has rough machine marks which stuck the pistons). I also used the T4 diff gears. Overall, the rough edges aside, it is a good value car
blackshark3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #201
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshark3 View Post
I have been running the first batch of pre-production V2 for weeks, and I found it to be as willing to turn as the BD7 with ruggedness in par with my well used T4 2013. Assemblywise of course much room could be improved on the QC side (e.g. it took me a lot of time to smooth the shocks as the inner surface of the shock tubes has rough machine marks which stuck the pistons). I also used the T4 diff gears. Overall, the rough edges aside, it is a good value car

I dont know what CSOs you guys are running but mine is as good quality as xrays i have had and had none of the shock(did have to take a bit off the pistons but better than loose sloppy pistons) or diff issues or sloppy steering that some talk about...maybe i am lucky.
I wouldnt say it was good value but one of the best cars out there and it just happens to be very well priced

Old 12-02-2013, 01:21 AM   #202
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What spur gears fit that car? Will xenon or kawada fit?

facebook.com/rogergrafix
roger999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:18 AM   #203
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger999 View Post
Spurgears with 3 holes, Xray and Sepent 411, all!

Internal Gears of Geardiffs: Xray and Capricorn EP, ins use in my CSO, perfect.

Today I'm using the whole GearDiff of Capricorn (due to leaks in the original) also served, but needs to adapt.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #204
mjw
Tech Adept

Quote:
The Spur gear is an Xray style gear. It's thinner than a lot of brands. Before I got a CSO spur I was using an old spur I had in the pit box. I had to make my own plastic piece that has the three notches for the screws. It had to be thinner buy .5mm (I'm a little fuzzy on that number but it sounds right). If I didn't do that then the C-clip wouldn't fit on to hold the assembly together. I don't know which brands are thinner, but I know that a spur I had on a Corally was too thick. Xray and CSO make gears that fit the car.

Mike
mjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #205
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcnz View Post
I dont know what CSOs you guys are running but mine is as good quality as xrays i have had and had none of the shock(did have to take a bit off the pistons but better than loose sloppy pistons) or diff issues or sloppy steering that some talk about...maybe i am lucky.
I wouldnt say it was good value but one of the best cars out there and it just happens to be very well priced
Well unluckily having known the owner/designer for years, and bought his kit in support of his effort, I together with many other drivers here acted as guinea pig and become alpha testers getting the pre-release kits. We reflect to the owner about the rough edges so that others might be able to have a better kit. Sadly the instructions remains rudimentary, amidst constant nagging by us
blackshark3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #206
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshark3 View Post
Well unluckily having known the owner/designer for years, and bought his kit in support of his effort, I together with many other drivers here acted as guinea pig and become alpha testers getting the pre-release kits. We reflect to the owner about the rough edges so that others might be able to have a better kit. Sadly the instructions remains rudimentary, amidst constant nagging by us
O.K...instructions still bad..shame.

Old 12-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #207
Tech Master

Quote:
I use the Zeppin racing spurs and pinions in 64 pitch and are awesome and can get thru RCMushroom and think ARC do a similar one or xray ones.

Old 12-02-2013, 05:46 PM   #208
Tech Addict

Default instructions

instructions are bad, but the xray t4 is online for free so no big deal.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:49 PM   #209
Tech Addict

Default drive shaft

fyi. in case anyone was wondering , like i was . the cso double jointed axles are excellent quality. but the are labeled 44mm unlike xray ones that are 50 or 51. there prob either made different or measured different. but fit perfect.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #210
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazman01 View Post
fyi. in case anyone was wondering , like i was . the cso double jointed axles are excellent quality. but the are labeled 44mm unlike xray ones that are 50 or 51. there prob either made different or measured different. but fit perfect.
Good to know..i got the kfactory ones that fit as well and they have been awesome but the bigger inner bearings didnt last that well and 1x seized and melted a wheel off which was brandnew and not that easy to get due to there unusual size.