R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #181
Tech Master

they call it Carbon Graphite thats why I thought It might be like the Chassis they were selling for T3 2012 that I've bought and realised its not fully Carbon fibre ...
It was Fibre glass mid section with Carbon fibre top and bottom layers...
Here is the link;
http://www.cso.com.hk/cso1/
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:15 PM   #182
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to LasagnaCat

Anyone know where the optional purple bits (shims, turnbuckles, etc.) can be purchased for this car?
Old 10-03-2013, 06:50 AM   #183
Tech Adept

Hey guys
Thinking of buying this chassis, is it worth buying and are there any upgrade I need for it ??
SAVOX
onroad racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:49 AM   #184
mjw
Tech Adept

Parts you need? Not really. The car is good out of the box. Parts you might consider as an upgrade? Maybe the front double cardon joint shafts. The car runs smoother (less chatter) at full lock, but I believe this applies to just about any of the touring car chassis out there.

Mike
mjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:47 PM   #185
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by onroad racer View Post
Hey guys
Thinking of buying this chassis, is it worth buying and are there any upgrade I need for it ??
The only thing that's sketchy is the (lack of a proper) instruction manual, which has probably been mentioned somewhere in the thread. If you're comfortable putting a TC together from a few fuzzy exploded view pictures, you're good. Out of the box the car is good, as mentioned.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #186
Tech Adept

Thank you all for that, one ,or quick question what are the shocks like to build and are they of high quality ??
onroad racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #187
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

They are the same design as the T4 shocks, but the quality is substantially lower. I had 3 of the 4 leak just sitting on the car before I ran it.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #188
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
They are the same design as the T4 shocks, but the quality is substantially lower. I had 3 of the 4 leak just sitting on the car before I ran it.
This goes back to the price vs. expectations thing... I'd love to say this is a perfect kit, it is not. The rear diff leaks a bit more than it should, the (steering) bearings are sketchy at best, some of the problems have already been noted... but it does still perform well. At this price point it's not a bad value for the average club racer, even with a few out of the box fixes/upgrades ($20ish for some $1 each Avid bearings, I can live with that.) For the experienced racer it has some shortcomings out of the box, but with a little TLC it is a capable ride.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #189
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I ordered mine from rcracingpro.com. It made it from Hong Kong to South Carolina in just 4 days!
mhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #190
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasagnaCat View Post
This goes back to the price vs. expectations thing... I'd love to say this is a perfect kit, it is not. The rear diff leaks a bit more than it should, the (steering) bearings are sketchy at best, some of the problems have already been noted... but it does still perform well. At this price point it's not a bad value for the average club racer, even with a few out of the box fixes/upgrades ($20ish for some $1 each Avid bearings, I can live with that.) For the experienced racer it has some shortcomings out of the box, but with a little TLC it is a capable ride.

My shocks have never leaked a drop, nor has my rear diff, steering bearings are only sketchy if you dont shim them correctly and they bind.
I dont know how you say it has shortcomings for the experianced racer as it is as good as anything else out there.
I have had little issues with mine and the only bearing failure was the 10x3 bearings from Team Magic that seized for the front cardon joints.
The finish on the alloy(engine mount) isnt as great as some and a little soft but thats not a big issue.
Plastics are great and strong...did break a spool outdrive but thats the only breakage so far but now upgraded to the alloy but other brands break them as well especially xray.
A great car and definatley not just restricted to a club racer nor does it need TLC

SERPENT F110/TEAMPOWERS 21.5.

LOSI 22 2.0/TEAM POWERS 8.5
malcnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #191
Tech Elite

Again we run into 'things you CAN fix' vs. 'things you normally should not HAVE to fix.'

And for what it's worth, I have three of these.. my sample size is a bit larger than most. When I mention steering berings specifically, that's because they've gotten sloppy fairly quickly AFTER being shimmed (when assembled) on two cars... the third car was assembled using aftermarket bearings and shimmed the same way, haven't touched them since assembly. The hub bearings, sloppy on two... not sloppy on the third. Again, YMMV.. I'm not trying to talk anyone out of this kit... it is what it is. Years ago I went from TC4's to Corally RDX's. You COULD make either one run well, but out of the box the RDX was light years ahead regarding fit and finish - no more spending an afternoon sanding and fitting Associated gearbox halves. I like to tinker, this car is right up my alley. Having owned numerous other brands over the years, the parts quality is just rather.. eh.

Last edited by LasagnaCat; 10-11-2013 at 08:35 PM.
LasagnaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:34 PM   #192
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Parts and kits are available in the USA thru hotlapracingusa.com. Located in Maryland.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:16 AM   #193
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasagnaCat View Post
Again we run into 'things you CAN fix' vs. 'things you normally should not HAVE to fix.'

And for what it's worth, I have three of these.. my sample size is a bit larger than most. When I mention steering berings specifically, that's because they've gotten sloppy fairly quickly AFTER being shimmed (when assembled) on two cars... the third car was assembled using aftermarket bearings and shimmed the same way, haven't touched them since assembly. The hub bearings, sloppy on two... not sloppy on the third. Again, YMMV.. I'm not trying to talk anyone out of this kit... it is what it is. Years ago I went from TC4's to Corally RDX's. You COULD make either one run well, but out of the box the RDX was light years ahead regarding fit and finish - no more spending an afternoon sanding and fitting Associated gearbox halves. I like to tinker, this car is right up my alley. Having owned numerous other brands over the years, the parts quality is just rather.. eh.

I just didnt like the comment "At this price point it's not a bad value for the average club racer, even with a few out of the box fixes/upgrades ($20ish for some $1 each Avid bearings, I can live with that.) For the experienced racer it has some shortcomings out of the box, but with a little TLC it is a capable ride. " as its just not the case and i have had a lot of brands over the yrs as well.

SERPENT F110/TEAMPOWERS 21.5.

LOSI 22 2.0/TEAM POWERS 8.5
malcnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #194
Tech Apprentice

Here is how I am assembling mine.http://www.teamxray.com/t4/download/...manual_low.pdf
Old 10-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #195
Tech Apprentice

Leaking shock fix: I picked up a pack of associated o rings. Place an associate o ring on top of the stock o ring. Then tighten the cap. Works like a charm!