Community
Wiki Posts
Search

futaba 3pm

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 02:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Default futaba 3pm

Anyone who has used an mx3 or a futaba 3pm? kindly share what you know. m having a hard time choosing between the two. thanks in advance.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

I did have some difficulty choosing between those two when I wanted to upgrade from my old 2PHKA. I ended up choosing the 3PM-FS (the synthesizing version) mainly because it has the programmable ABS (which the MX-3 doesn't). I haven't had a single glitch with it, but the menu navigation can be a bit annoying (you might "overshoot" the menu you want to adjust while trying to find it). Plus the 3PM has the optional HRS (high-speed response) mode, but only if you buy the corresponding R203HF receiver. I also like it because it's quite ergonomic and not that heavy. Both are good radios, but if you race nitro and need the ABS you have to get the 3PM. That's just my little opinion..I never used the MX-3 though.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Sadly , it appears the 3PM-TFS (synthesized) is no longer available. At least here in the U.S. I recently purchased one online but received a notice that they could not ship it as Futaba had recalled them. Futaba tech support now say's the radio is discontinued.
Even with crystals, this is a great radio.
Good Luck
Old 05-04-2005, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Thumbs up

thumbs up for the 3pm. it's a little more ergonomic, and has all the necessities for electric racers. as someone mentioned, it can also be used in hrs mode. very cool.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:15 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks a lot guys.... we still have the 3pm here m not sure tho' if its the synth version. il go chk.