JRX-S or FK05

Old 05-01-2005, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

ROFLMAO....The jrxs fits 3300s perfect, it requires the rear battery slot to be ground correctly to fit 37's.......

I would go with Losi for the simple fact the Xray has diff issues.....and parts issues, and price issues........
Old 05-01-2005, 11:40 PM
Tech Adept

These debates are pointless. What it boils down to is parts support and driving skill.

If you're a bad driver, a bump along the boards will determine the difference between the two cars and your lap time. A "better" car won't remedy this.

Arguments such as so and so won this race with this car are ambiguous.

Not all drivers are created equal.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Goonish
These debates are pointless. What it boils down to is parts support and driving skill.

If you're a bad driver, a bump along the boards will determine the difference between the two cars and your lap time. A "better" car won't remedy this.

Arguments such as so and so won this race with this car are ambiguous.

Not all drivers are created equal.
Exactly
Old 05-01-2005, 11:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally posted by 403forbidden
I'd take the XRAY for the simple fact that the JRX-S has battery fitment issues.
and don't forget the looks issue. Not here to offend anyone but that car just looks ugly
Old 05-01-2005, 11:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by danjoy25
and don't forget the looks issue. Not here to offend anyone but that car just looks ugly
Its all in the eye........I think the chassis is the best thing out. It is the most balanced chassis out. battery and motor are in the center, that makes corner weight correct....These are sedan cars not oval cars....You don't Really think a micro receiver and a small speed control and your transponder are really going to balance out the weight of a battery?....ROFLMAO..........Everything is pinned to prevent chassis tweakage...... You will never mistake a jrXs for another sedan.......unlike many of the Tamiya look-a-likes......
Old 05-02-2005, 12:06 AM
Tech Initiate

neither cause theyre both slow
Old 05-02-2005, 12:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Allen Sondej
Right On!! This the thread is so pointless. How about possibly trying both cars and going from there.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Allen Sondej
oh and what? you think your 4tec is faster?

spam thread
Old 05-02-2005, 12:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Post Get the Losi

I just purchased the Xray05 a few weeks back, got a bit tired of waiting for the Losi. I must admit the Xray is quite well put together and has awesome steering but the parts are just so expensive. My track is pretty much all for Xray's but the standard info from the guys is "You still have to spend a couple hundreds bucks to get if carpet ready". i.e; spring steel drives, wide top, thicker chassis, aluminum hubs. ADD it up!

As far as the Losi, once i finally got to see one. I was completely impressed with the car quality parts right out of box no add ons needed, aluminum shocks (appears heavy duty), diff included as well as a the one way and store already has parts in stock. You can't go wrong either way, just depends how much $$$ you are willing to spend in the long run. With that mind Xray's are quite durable once you get all spring steel parts. My last Losi XXX-S would break arms and hubs every race day which equalled to always having to spend at least 25 buck every race day. Now if that said, my Pro 4 right out the box in the last 4 months has only broken about 20 bucks worth of parts (a few diff screws and outdrives one arm and hub).

This is one long reply ain't it.

Please don't forget it's not about who won the last Nats or Worlds and with what car, those guys are too good and pretty much can out race most everyone on this board with any car on the market. It's all about your driving style and which car best suites it. And of course how much MULA you got to spend.

Choose wisely young patawon
Old 05-02-2005, 01:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Gearhead3
oh and what? you think your 4tec is faster?

spam thread
WOW!...you read my mind , These threads are pointless... just go buy a kit, build it , race it, enjoy it and repeat the process until you have a car you truly love and feel at home with. Everyone is different so whos to say one car is better than another...In the end we ALL drive different. Have a nice day
Old 05-02-2005, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Re: Get the Losi

Originally posted by olhipster1
I just purchased the Xray05 a few weeks back, got a bit tired of waiting for the Losi. I must admit the Xray is quite well put together and has awesome steering but the parts are just so expensive. My track is pretty much all for Xray's but the standard info from the guys is "You still have to spend a couple hundreds bucks to get if carpet ready". i.e; spring steel drives, wide top, thicker chassis, aluminum hubs. ADD it up!

As far as the Losi, once i finally got to see one. I was completely impressed with the car quality parts right out of box no add ons needed, aluminum shocks (appears heavy duty), diff included as well as a the one way and store already has parts in stock. You can't go wrong either way, just depends how much $$$ you are willing to spend in the long run. With that mind Xray's are quite durable once you get all spring steel parts. My last Losi XXX-S would break arms and hubs every race day which equalled to always having to spend at least 25 buck every race day. Now if that said, my Pro 4 right out the box in the last 4 months has only broken about 20 bucks worth of parts (a few diff screws and outdrives one arm and hub).

This is one long reply ain't it.

Please don't forget it's not about who won the last Nats or Worlds and with what car, those guys are too good and pretty much can out race most everyone on this board with any car on the market. It's all about your driving style and which car best suites it. And of course how much MULA you got to spend.

Some people are of the belief that if parts are available that they are a necessity.....

To get the FK05 ready for carpet on foams you need a sway bar....period...

Some people will hop up a car regardless of whether it is required or not....is Xray wrong for offering to sell parts to those people?

The Spring steel hubs are a convenience item. If you are crashing on a regular basis and breaking steering kncuckles (note: you must crash HARD in order to do this..the car is TOUGH) The spring steek wheel hubs make it easier to change out the knuckle.

Don't worry...the hopups and extras for the JRXS will hit the market soon enough...companies were waiting to see when this car would ever make it to market.

Losi DOES have a reputation ofmaking fast cars that handle well...durability has never been their strength though..

The JRXS hasn't been out long enough tohave been torture tested much by the average club racer.....

As far as balance....you can balance a car with everything on one side andonly a receiver on the other...you'd justneed to create a large enough lever arm out the other side to support the receiver...

The JRXS has everything along the centerline, which will allow the car to roll very quickly side to side along the mid-line of the chassis...but putting the weight into a long row like that makes me question the car's polar moment of inertia...(how well the car will pivot and rotate)...

Both cars have features and benefits.that set them apart from the rest of the crowd....
Old 05-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Get the Losi

Originally posted by olhipster1
It's all about your driving style and which car best suites it. And of course how much MULA you got to spend.

I was wondering if you could expand on this.
What kind of driving style works best for each car?
I think the answer to this question would help a lot of people decide between the two.

Thanks
Old 05-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally posted by Gearhead3
Its all in the eye........I think the chassis is the best thing out. It is the most balanced chassis out. battery and motor are in the center, that makes corner weight correct....These are sedan cars not oval cars....You don't Really think a micro receiver and a small speed control and your transponder are really going to balance out the weight of a battery?....ROFLMAO..........Everything is pinned to prevent chassis tweakage...... You will never mistake a jrXs for another sedan.......unlike many of the Tamiya look-a-likes......
Those tamiya look alikes seemto dominate,reedy race,worlds etc
Old 05-02-2005, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

So.....tc3blue, what ya going to get.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

WOW all this rukkas for two cars....could you amagine if you added a Yok BD and the Corally RDX Man you would have a riot.

Will say this though...
All the new models out can and will win some races....
Find the car that drives best for you....
Here is where having friends helps....
Try out your friends cars.....Well only if they know how to set it up right....
I tried all kinds of cars....
TC3
TC4
Losi XXXS
Xray fk04
Xray fk05
Corally RDX
Shu MI2
Yok CGM
Yok SD (is my backup and for some tracks)
Yok BD (my current car)
You name it I tried them and I fould not only a car that is durable, easy to setup and drive but a company that I can get parts for easily and factory drivers who give you help when needed.
I liked serveral of the other cars but found what works best for me.....I suggest you do the same....
I havn't tried a JRSX yet but they look nice and I look foward to tring one soon.
Stephen <><

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.