Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pay to play?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

yeah but the thing is..the link i posted of my local track.

when you become a member they give you the code for the lock on gate to the track and gate on the rostrum so you can practise when ever you want...all year long.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

Also Matt...

5 UK is worth over $10 here +)
Old 05-01-2005, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

oh yeah..never thought about that
Old 05-01-2005, 12:15 PM
Tech Regular

For us its £3 (about $5.70) for practice every wednesday from 6-9pm so max 3 hours and saturday nights it racing from 6-11pm maybe longer and practice from 4:30 to 6pm and its £5(about $9.50) a car for the night
Old 05-01-2005, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

where abouts you from thecrow2k?
Old 05-01-2005, 04:12 PM
Tech Addict

Heres my opinion in regards to the fee's that some tracks charge.
first rent is not cheap and second you have to remember that most track owners have to carry some sort of liability insurance which adds to the cost of running a track let alone the cost of carpet and power etc.
I happen to have two local hobby shop's nearby but only one has a permanant track and is pretty much dedicated to rc cars and racing. I do as much business as I can with the one with the track for the simple reason that I want the track to stay open and without revenue from both the on site shop and track that wouldnt happen.
The other shop supports racing at alternate sites and also deals with other things such as models and other rc things like boats and planes. They have been a big help so I also try to do some business with them to because I appreciate thier efforts to help the local rc racers.
This is not a cheap hobby and even more it isnt cheap for a LHS to run and maintain a shop and track.
So if after spending hundreds even thousands of dollars to race and you dont agree with having to pay any type of fee to practice and or race try looking at it from a shop owners point of view.
After spending many thousands of dollars to try to make a living and provide a nice track for people to race at all you do is get poeple that bitch about pricing and fee's how would you feel??????
Old 05-01-2005, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Its extremly funny to see the crying about various prices to race or practice.

Without the tracks guys would not be shopping for the 400-500$ touring car kits, shopping around the world for the next newest item either. Without a track who the hell u gonna run it against? Oh im sure your neighbor will just roll his eyes when u have no track and your bashing down the street with your 2000$ in r/C race gear. On the street bashing because local track was 10-20$ too much for you to handle!

PS: This is generalizations, not pointing fingers at anyone. I see it here locally guys with all the latest gear complaining about location(too far) and price(too expencive)... What i find expensive is R/C gear being used a static models!!
Old 05-01-2005, 06:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

I don't mind paying to race at all,but the track owners need to realize that you can't make a living being a rc car track owner.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Hyper1
I don't mind paying to race at all,but the track owners need to realize that you can't make a living being a rc car track owner.

most dont thats why some tracks have on site hobby shops. I havnt seen to many tracks where the owner could afford to pay the rent plus utilities and the insurance from just what they would make from the race fee's.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:12 AM
Tech Regular

Stockton-on-tees next to middlesbrough, north east of england, about an hour down from newcastle